A page of history when kings married princesses , link about queen fauzia once the queen of Iran

shaikh

Minister (2k+ posts)
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fawzia_Fuad_of_Egypt

lets know more about Iran before the Mullahs took over , above link is story of a time when princes had actual lands under them and married princesses and not bartender girls .

Fawzia Fuad of Egypt (Persian: شاهدخت فوزیه‎, Turkish: Prenses Fevziye, Arabic: الأميرة فوزية‎) (5 November 1921 – 2 July 2013) was an Egyptian princess who became Queen of Iran as the first wife of Mohammad Reza Pahlavi.

She is also known as Fawzia Chirine (or Shirin), having remarried in 1949. Although her royal titles were no longer recognized by the Egyptian government after the Egyptian Revolution of 1952 international protocol dictates that former monarchs and members of former ruling royal families still retain titles obtained whilst a member of a reigning monarchy. She was the oldest member of the deposed Muhammad Ali Dynasty of Albanian descent residing in Egypt. Her nephew, Fuad, who was proclaimed King Fuad II of Egypt and Sudan after the Revolution, resides in Switzerland.

Last edited by a moderator:
P

pukhtun

such a useless post...............whats the point of this post..............who gives a "F" about iranian queens.........................

shaikh

Minister (2k+ posts)
such a useless post...............whats the point of this post..............who gives a "F" about iranian queens.........................
It underlines three things , the culture of monarchy when princes married princesses , the culture of integration whereby this was trans sectarian marriage , the culture of Iran before the Mullahs took it over . well these are sophisticated things you know , needs some deeper understanding . Read my post about khamenei ,that is less subtle .

shaikh

Minister (2k+ posts)
Iranian new generation Dehriye pann ki had tk azaad ha, aur religion se zyada Azadi pe yaqin rkhti ha
I have heard such things from visitors to Tehran that newer generation in cities is under lock and key ready to dance on streets on release

Khubaib Alam

Minister (2k+ posts)
I have heard such things from visitors to Tehran that newer generation in cities is under lock and key ready to dance on streets on release

Yeah have you seen a group of teenagers dancing on "Happy" song? and a famous FB page "My stealthy freedom" in which girls are topping and throwing their veils...This new generation is already wearing skirts in malaysia :lol: