Would have disposed off ECP case in 5 minutes, Justice Markandey Katju.

Pracha

Chief Minister (5k+ posts)
As a former Judge of the Indian Supreme Court I am deeply disappointed by the behaviour of the five judge bench of the Pakistan Supreme Court hearing the petition against the postponement of the Punjab elections to October 8.

An earlier Supreme Court 5 judge bench had directed the Election Commission of Pakistan to fix the date of elections, and the ECP had fixed it for April 30, which had been announced by the Pakistan President Arif Alvi.

However, citing security and other reasons the ECP has now postponed the elections to October 8. To my mind the reasons for postponement are specious. Pakistan has an army and police to ensure security during elections.

The real reason is evidently the fact that all indications are that the PTI will sweep the polls if elections are held on schedule on April 30, and there are forces in Pakistan, apart from the PDM, which do not want this, as I have mentioned in this article here.

The Pakistan Supreme Court hearing the petition of the PTI should have stuck to its earlier verdict, and reiterated that Punjab elections must be held on April 30. But instead it appears to be playing to the galleries, and has permitted long winded arguments about the feasibility of holding elections on April 30.

The hearing of the case is still going on, and it has been reduced to a drama and a farce by the court and the lawyers opposing the petition.

I regret to say this, but the Court and the hearing have become a laughing stock. Had I been a judge hearing the case I would have disposed it off in 5 minutes holding that the elections must be held on April 30, as held earlier by the Court, come what may, and the security forces will ensure that they are conducted in an orderly manner.

After the above article had been written another development took place. The bench hearing the case has been dissolved following the recusal by a judge on the bench.

ek hindustani

Baja Farmaya Janaab ney.
LAAKIN
mayoos na hoon pakistani Awaam ney soch liya hai, kamar kass li hai ki ab is galey sarey nezaam ko badalna hai. Bas thora intzaar aur abhi kuch log baqi hain jinhein khul kar saamney aana hai.

chandaa

Prime Minister (20k+ posts)
Kaha tou sahi hai par uss ke liyae himmat chahiyae jou inn darpook aur coreupt judges mein nahin hai.

Nice2MU

President (40k+ posts)
As a former Judge of the Indian Supreme Court I am deeply disappointed by the behaviour of the five judge bench of the Pakistan Supreme Court hearing the petition against the postponement of the Punjab elections to October 8.

An earlier Supreme Court 5 judge bench had directed the Election Commission of Pakistan to fix the date of elections, and the ECP had fixed it for April 30, which had been announced by the Pakistan President Arif Alvi.

However, citing security and other reasons the ECP has now postponed the elections to October 8. To my mind the reasons for postponement are specious. Pakistan has an army and police to ensure security during elections.

The real reason is evidently the fact that all indications are that the PTI will sweep the polls if elections are held on schedule on April 30, and there are forces in Pakistan, apart from the PDM, which do not want this, as I have mentioned in this article here.

The Pakistan Supreme Court hearing the petition of the PTI should have stuck to its earlier verdict, and reiterated that Punjab elections must be held on April 30. But instead it appears to be playing to the galleries, and has permitted long winded arguments about the feasibility of holding elections on April 30.

The hearing of the case is still going on, and it has been reduced to a drama and a farce by the court and the lawyers opposing the petition.

I regret to say this, but the Court and the hearing have become a laughing stock. Had I been a judge hearing the case I would have disposed it off in 5 minutes holding that the elections must be held on April 30, as held earlier by the Court, come what may, and the security forces will ensure that they are conducted in an orderly manner.

After the above article had been written another development took place. The bench hearing the case has been dissolved following the recusal by a judge on the bench.

ان "ہندوؤں" اور غیر مسلم ججوں میں ہمارے مسلمان "جنتی" ججوں میں زیادہ دل گردہ ہوتا ہے اسلیے تو انکی فوج اپنی وردی میں رہتی ہے جبکہ ہمارے گ فوج وردی سے "باہر" نکلنے کے لیے تیار رہتی ہے۔

patwari_sab

Is me kisi bench ki zarorat hi.nhi ti. ECP bound hai ke 90 din me elections krwaye. CJ bundyal raja sultan ko kehta ke ya elections krwao or ya jail jao.

Siberite

Baja Farmaya Janaab ney.
LAAKIN
mayoos na hoon pakistani Awaam ney soch liya hai, kamar kass li hai ki ab is galey sarey nezaam ko badalna hai. Bas thora intzaar aur abhi kuch log baqi hain jinhein khul kar saamney aana hai.

Don't know why Bundial is being portrayed as a hero. This mess is the creation of his own doing.
I don't doubt very much. We have witnessed the Babri Mosque case, Gujrat Train case and many other cases where the Indians never waisted a minute declaring a verdict. Some of the other remarkable cases also show how the justice was pouring out from the jaws of the Bunyas. And this Baghloul of the same country giving us lecture on the Justice.

Last edited:

Pracha

I don't doubt very much. We have witnessed the Babri Mosque case, Gujrat Train case and many other cases where the Indians never waisted a minute declaring a verdict. Some of the other remarkable cases also show how the justice was pouring out from the jaws of the Bunyas. And this Zaghloul of the same country giving us lecture on the Justice.

To be fair, Katju has criticized most of those verdicts.

Siberite

His criticism carries more weight because he is not encumbered by the slaughter of justice in India.
Listen. he should go and criticize them and try to change the historical unjust verdicts of Indian Bunya court. Is he an authority of turning unjust decisions to just ones in his own country? we don't need lectures from those whose hands are full of dripping blood of Indian Muslims.

Pracha

Listen. he should go and criticize them and try to change the historical unjust verdicts of Indian Bunya court. Is he an authority of turning unjust decisions to just ones in his own country? we don't need lectures from those whose hands are full of dripping blood of Indian Muslims.

He has an obvious point that makes total sense. See no reason for this brouhaha as it is a simple case of implementation of court order. ECP should implement the order or face contempt of court processdings.

patwari_sab

I don't doubt very much. We have witnessed the Babri Mosque case, Gujrat Train case and many other cases where the Indians never waisted a minute declaring a verdict. Some of the other remarkable cases also show how the justice was pouring out from the jaws of the Bunyas. And this Zaghloul of the same country giving us lecture on the Justice.
itna dor na ja kotti biryani. lahore model town ka massacre jo tere abbay ne kiya ta Woh bol gaya kiya

Siberite

He has an obvious point that makes total sense. See no reason for this brouhaha as it is a simple case of implementation of court order. ECP should implement the order or face contempt of court processdings.
Don't waste time with those who can't even change an unjust verdict to a just verdict in his own country. I am trying to refrain using some deserving words for them.

Pracha

Don't waste time with those who can't even change an unjust verdict to a just verdict in his own country. I am trying to refrain using some deserving words for them.

His argument doesn't become less relevant even one takes out his name.

Altruist

Minister (2k+ posts)
The caliber of the Pakistani judiciary is questionable. None of these judges have written a single landmark statement in their whole career. All they do is bikker. And if you question their acumen then they slap contempt of court to hide their short comings.

Sohail Shuja

Indian and Pakistani establishment + Fauj is the cut of the same cloth.

The reason why India has developed more in the past 20 years is our engagement in foreign wars. This gave time to them to focus and build their economy, while we were travelling in reverse gear since 2008.

Secondly, Indian Politicians, no matter how corrupt and inept, have kept the national interests above their personal ones, unlike our politicians, who are only focused on legislation on NAB laws, Clipping the wings of SC and escaping the elections, no matter how much Pakistan's economy and image is damaged because of it. See, now we've become a punching bag even for this bunya court of Hindustan.

Last edited: