This Careem captain stole something really precious from me

khalid100

Minister (2k+ posts)

So this Careem captain stole something really precious from me. I booked a Careem from Khy -Rizwan and had to go all the way to North. This guy Muhammad was my Captain. On our way at Baloch bridge a biker slipped and hurt his shoulders badly, he couldn't move his hands. We stopped, gave him a lift to his home in Gulshan and I rode his bike till there. After we dropped him the captain dropped me at my destination and there I found out that he had ended the ride at the moment we decided to help this biker. So the fare that should have been about a thousand Rupees or so was just Rs. 326.

While we were on our way to the Biker's home a thought landed in my mind that the fare is going to cost me a couple hundreds more because we were driving too slow (since I'm not an avid rider and had to be careful). I told myself it's alright it's for a good cause what's a couple hundred Rupees? We should go out of our way to help others sometimes.
I just realized that he stole the show. He stole the act. He stole all the sawab. You know I thought I was doing something good somewhere in my head unconsciously I was feeling a little smug but in fact I was just doing something in my comfort zone. The captain didn't care about his profits, he didn't care about the material and money. I got my reward right here; a discounted ride, but the Captain is going to be rewarded far more than a couple hundred bucks in Aakhirat. God bless that man. Kuddos to him and to Careem for having such amazing people in their fleet.

Last edited by a moderator:

knowledge88

Chief Minister (5k+ posts)
I don't understand something.
Doing the right thing or helping a fellow human being should not be in the greed of any reward.
Help must be selfless.
Then Allah rewards such people.
In our culture as soon as we help someone, we look in the sky and pray to God, please give me reward in Jannat for what I just did. Or before we help the needy we tell ourselves that it would bring reward in Jannat so we must help. In other words we only do good deeds to go to Jannat.
Where is the love for other human beings?

My daughter called me from school. She had tummy pain. I left my casual job and picked her up. I didn't earn money. When I left work to pick her up , was I thinking of getting rewards in Jannat from Allah in Jannat for giving up my wage for today ? No.
She is my daughter j knew I must help her. I could have arranged a cab for her to get home. But I thought she would be pleased to see me when she is in pain.
I can't believe in the thread the author is envious of the driver that he would get more reward in Jannat than him for helping someone who had an accident, as if God's reward has a limit. Instead of worrying about the health of the injured motor cyclist he was thinking who will get more reward in Jannat.
I am a Muslim too and believe on Jannat like other Muslims do. But I believe, helping other human beings must be completely selfless.
Remember, denay walah sab dekh raha hay. He knows when to reward someone.

Last edited:

Kamboz

Senator (1k+ posts)
Doing the right thing or helping a fellow human being should not be in the greed of any reward.
Help must be selfless.
In our culture as soon as we help someone, we look in the sky and pray to God, please give me reward in Jannat for what I just did. Or before we help the needy we tell ourselves that it would bring reward in Jannat so we must help. In other words we only do good deeds to go to Jannat.

My daughter called me from school. She had tummy pain. I left my casual job and picked her up. I didn't earn money. When I left work to pick her up , was I thinking of getting rewards in Jannat from Allah in Jannat for giving up my wage for today ? No.
She is my daughter j knew I must help her. I could have arranged a cab for her to get home. But I thought she would be pleased to see me when she is in pain.
I can't believe in the thread the author is envious of the driver that he would get more reward in Jannat than him for helping someone who had an accident, as if God's reward has a limit. Instead of worrying about the health of the injured motor cyclist he was thinking who will get more reward in Jannat.
I am a Muslim too and believe on Jannat like other Muslims do. But I believe, helping other human beings must be completely selfless.
Brother, the person narrated the story in a different way.... his whole point was that he thought he did a good deed...which is to help a person in need and that it will be something pleasing to God Almighty. However, he tried to make a point that the driver was of a bigger heart than him and had not cared about his fare , rather end the ride and help someone. We usually are not thinking of jannat day and night but expect Allah to give us reward which will be eventually jannat.
Let's not take his story too far. Thanks.

amm_jan

Politcal Worker (100+ posts)
Help must be selfless.

Help must be selfless.

In Islam whatever good you do... you should do it for the sake of Allah....

knowledge88

In Islam whatever good you do... you should do it for the sake of Allah....
Don't tell me what Islam says about good deeds. My islamic qualification is more than many self educated Muslims.
In Islam the relation between Allah and banda is same as Master and slave.
One of Allah name is Malik.
When you work for someone and do the right thing you leave it on the master to judge your work . You dont keep asking that , Malik. For you I did the right thing, will I get a reward ? Will I get reward ? Please will I get a reward ?
You do the right thing and the master judges what you deserve. Your concentration should only be on serving the Master. Nothing else.

BrotherKantu

ماشاءاللہ

دنیا میں ابھی بھی کچھ لوگ ہیں جنہوں نے کھوتا بریانی نہیں کھائی

Sonya Khan

Minister (2k+ posts)
Don't tell me what Islam says about good deeds. My islamic qualification is more than many self educated Muslims.
When you work for someone and do the right thing you leave it on the master to judge your work . You dont keep asking that , Malik. For you I did the right thing, will I get a reward ? Will I get reward ? Please will I get a reward ?
You do the right thing and the master judges what you deserve. Your concentration should only be on serving the Master. Nothing else.
We are all subservient to Allah .... Asking for forgiveness and reward is exactly we should all do ..... for this very fact we offer Namaz which is praying to Allah .... and say duas which is asking for different goods in this world and hereafter ..... Last but not least the kind hearted gesture that you did for your daughter will in sha Allah be a ‘Sadaqa’ if done with niyyat of ‘Sadaqa’ ..... Infact every single bite that you put in your family’s mouth is ‘Sadaqa’ if done with niyyat of Sadaqa .... :)

Citizen X

President (40k+ posts)
Man, you must really be the life of the party, just whinging all day long and negative nanny nitpicking everything!

I feel sorry for your so called "Islamic Qualification" There is absolutely no harm in asking to be rewarded for ones good deeds. Doesn't matter why one does a good deed be it for the sake of humanity, or to please his master or hoping his master rewards him for it. Point is doing good deeds and none of these intentions take away from the reward of the good deed or make it any less "good".

amm_jan

Politcal Worker (100+ posts)
Your Islamic Qualification ??? Please read Quran with translation at least once.
Allah says in Quran:
“Say, ‘Indeed, my Lord has guided me to a straight path - a correct religion - the way of Abraham, inclining toward truth. And he was not among those who associated others with Allah.’

Say, "Indeed, my prayer, my rites of sacrifice, my living and my dying are for Allah , Lord of the worlds.

No partner has He. And this I have been commanded, and I am the first [among you] of the Muslims”

[al-An‘aam 6:161-163].

Shareef

Minister (2k+ posts)
Zindabad to you and Kareem captain both. We need muslims like you. 'Kirdar kay ghazi' ,not thekadars of islam who only know how to pass judgement on others, but have nothing practical to be proud of, in their own patara.