The Turkish War of Independence - A comparison with Pakistani/Indian 1857

shujauddin

Minister (2k+ posts)
The Turks defeated a combined army of France, UK, Italy, Greece, Armenia and liberated their country in a time span of less than 5 years.
We Pakistani/Indians got our chance in 1857 and were colonized from 1858 to 1947 almost 100 years . The main reason why we were not able to win a military victory was treachery of our own people

Munawarkhan

Chief Minister (5k+ posts)
a lot of our people got extreme rich in the process.

eg Bhutto’s grand father got 2,500 acres of land in Larkana. He used to serve in Junagadh and had nothing to do with Larkana back then. maybe it was some sort of reward

The Turks defeated a combined army of France, UK, Italy, Greece, Armenia and liberated their country in a time span of less than 5 years.
We Pakistani/Indians got our chance in 1857 and were colonized from 1858 to 1947 almost 100 years . The main reason why we were not able to win a military victory was treachery of our own people

Truthstands

Minister (2k+ posts)
I think Turkey doesn't have hindutava who can betray for land after 1000 years of Muslim rules.

farooqak

Minister (2k+ posts)
Turks had 1 language which created unity across all the tribes
This region has so many languages, there was always issue of unity and still exists today.
had there been 1 language and 1 ethnicity, story would have been different in 1857

shujauddin

Minister (2k+ posts)
This region has so many languages, there was always issue of unity and still exists today.
had there been 1 language and 1 ethnicity, story would have been different in 1857
I think Turkey doesn't have hindutava who can betray for land after 1000 years of Muslim rules.

The Shah's of Southern Punjab, The Maliks and the Hayats of Punjab and KPK etc were not Hindutava. Infact the Marathas etc fought against the British.

Truthstands

Minister (2k+ posts)
I dont disagree with you but Turks has traitors and enemies, while in our region the history is different.

The Shah's of Southern Punjab, The Maliks and the Hayats of Punjab and KPK etc were not Hindutava. Infact the Marathas etc fought against the British.

shujauddin

Minister (2k+ posts)
I dont disagree with you but Turks has traitors and enemies, while in our region the history is different.
worth a watch.

A complete commentary on all the Traitors !

farooqak

Minister (2k+ posts)

the history is very different in South Asia
Even when the british were around, Durrani Empire covered almost all of Pakistan today
Infact the Durrani empire also defeated the marathas
as i said, the region was more complex than Anatolia. Always 4 to 5 different empires existed in south asia

shujauddin

Minister (2k+ posts)
the history is very different in South Asia
Even when the british were around, Durrani Empire covered almost all of Pakistan today
Infact the Durrani empire also defeated the marathas
as i said, the region was more complex than Anatolia. Always 4 to 5 different empires existed in south asia
No Such thing as Durrani empire. Do you even know what an empire is? But yes ahmad shah abdalli - the ruler of Aghanistan - ex general of Nadir Shah ( Persian King) did defeat the Marhatas but never stayed in India/Pakistan. Left soon after defeating. Some of the examples of empires are :

Mughul Empire
Delhi Sultanate
Persian Empire
Roman Empire
Greek Empire
Ottoman Empire
British Empire.

Durranies were just small scale rulers of Afghanistan with limited historical impact.

farooqak

Minister (2k+ posts)
No Such thing as Durrani empire. Do you even know what an empire is? But yes ahmad shah abdalli - the ruler of Aghanistan - ex general of Nadir Shah ( Persian King) did defeat the Marhatas but never stayed in India/Pakistan. Left soon after defeating. Some of the examples of empires are :

Mughul Empire
Delhi Sultanate
Persian Empire
Roman Empire
Greek Empire
Ottoman Empire
British Empire.

Durrani Empire only exists in your Akhroot mind?

please stop getting personal and sending unnecessary comments about mind and akhrot
he didn't stay long, but durrani empire did exist even if it was for few years
u must be be some famous historian who has a different definition for empire from the rest of the world

shujauddin

Minister (2k+ posts)
please stop getting personal and sending unnecessary comments about mind and akhrot
u must be be some famous historian who has a different definition for empire from the rest of the world

What does Empire mean? Empire is vast - consists of many countries and wide geographical areas. How can the ruler of Afghanistan become a holder of empire. Lets not make a small bird an Ostrich. Case closed . No more discussion with a person who doesn't know history!

shujauddin

Minister (2k+ posts)
Can you shed some light as to what ahmad shah durrani has to do with this thread? Next u know , somebody will start posting about Raja Dahir, Raja Porus, Khushaal Khan Khattack, Mangal Pandey etc. etc. I am sure you are an intelligent man and know what context and subject this thread was started on. Sorry if I hurt your feelings but you tried to change and ruin the topic !

farooqak

Minister (2k+ posts)
Can you shed some light as to what ahmad shah durrani has to do with this thread? Next u know , somebody will start posting about Raja Dahir, Raja Porus, Khushaal Khan Khattack, Mangal Pandey etc. etc. I am sure you are an intelligent man and know what context and subject this thread was started on. Sorry if I hurt your feelings but you tried to change and ruin the topic !
what? there was no change of topic
i just made a point that durrani empire defeated marathas
what is wrong in that? anyway let it rest