The one catch that became the reason Pakistan is out of world cup

Hunain Khalid

Chief Minister (5k+ posts)
https://twitter.com/x/status/1142536223145242624
ویسٹ انڈیز کی آخری وکٹ تھی اور اسے نیوزی لینڈ کے خلاف جیتنے کے لیے 7 گیندوں پر صرف 6 رنز درکار تھے، بریتھ ویٹ نے چھکا مارنے کی کوشش میں اپنی وکٹ‌ گنوا کر نیوزی لینڈ کو یہ میچ جیتنے کا موقع دے دیا۔ جبکہ کیچ بھی باؤنڈری سے بالکل قریب سے کیا گیا۔ اُس وقت تو خیر اسے ویسٹ انڈیز کے لیے بدقسمتی سمجھا جاتا رہا مگر بالاخر یہ کیچ پاکستان کو سیمی فائنل سے باہر کرنے کی اصل وجہ بن گیا۔

کیونکہ اگر اُس دن یہ کیچ نہ ہوتا تو نیوزی لینڈ دو پوائنٹس کم ہونے کی وجہ سے پوائنٹس کی دوڑ‌ میں پاکستان سے پیچھے ہوتا۔

https://twitter.com/x/status/1142628783792504833
6c523ce742e892e7434d6834a87523f8

Last edited:

baichanrooh

Councller (250+ posts)
yesterday when i was watching the match between eng v nz i saw a decision of lbw given so quickly that no body would have been given out so quick in the entire cricket history and then it was not even reviewed by the batsman pakistan team is better then nz just a touch but better.

Sher_ka_Shakari

Senator (1k+ posts)
Their are so many debates and false excuses of Pakistan not reaching the semi's. Bhai saab, Pakistan cricket team is nothing more than kachra.

Half of the team not in a good relationship with each other, pathetic attitude, captain has no command over the team. Performance is hit and trail.

Yet we try to find excuses or blame others for ousting us out of the semi final.

This team green never deserved to be a finalist. Now they will win against Bangla and then instead of giving them treatment with LITTAR's a new wave of sympathy will start, that we secured 11 points, but this happened and had that not happened blah blah blah.

Whereas the above match is concerned, Carlos did a amazing job to bring the match so close hats off for him, but i still believe that with 6 required of 7 balls, he should have taken a single on that ball and with 5 required of 6 balls, a four could have tied the match and 6 could have won. Also he would be in position to exercise one or two double's to get closer to victory. Anyway great batting by carlos.

Last edited:

jani1

Pakistan sealed their fate after their first defeat against WI which was like losing 2 games. I'd predicted it'd come down to NRR.
n the rest of the show was just a bonus, a flop show....a drama...

یہ ہوگیا وہ ہوگیا۔۔ بہانوے میں بھی ایسا ہوا تھا۔۔ وغیرہ وغیرہ۔۔۔
سب دل کو خوش رکھنے کے ناکام خیالات تھے بس۔۔
بھئی تم شروع کرو شیشے سے اور سمجھو کہ اختتام تمہارا ہوگا کسی شیش محل میں۔۔
یہ سب تماری بھول تھی۔۔
بہانوے سے مقابلہ کرنے والے یہ کیوں بھول جاتے تھے کہ اس وقت کپتان عمران خان تھا۔۔
جو نہ تو شیشے میں رات گزارتا نہ کھیل میں منہ کھول کر باسیاں لیتا۔۔
وہ خود بھی محنت کرتا اور کھلاڑیوں کو کھوتے سے کم کی نظر سے نہیں دیکھتا تھا۔۔
جن سے کام بس کام لینا ہوتا ہے۔۔

اس سے بڑا ظلم ہو ہی نہیں سکتا کہ اس کباڑی ٹیم اور اس ورلڈ کپ کو بہانوے والے سے ملایا جائے۔۔ کہاں کپتان کا عظیم مقصد کے لیئے کھیلنا۔۔ کہاں ان جورو کے غلاموں کا بیویوں کے لیئے کھیلنا۔

Last edited:

HimSar

Minister (2k+ posts)
n the rest of the show was just a bonus, a flop show....a drama...

یہ ہوگیا وہ ہوگیا۔۔ بہانوے میں بھی ایسا ہوا تھا۔۔ وغیرہ وغیرہ۔۔۔
سب دل کو خوش رکھنے کے ناکام خیالات تھے بس۔۔

بھئی تم شروع کرو شیشے سے اور سمجھو کہ اختتام تمہارا ہوگا کسی شیش محل میں۔۔
یہ سب تماری بھول تھی۔۔

بہانوے سے مقابلہ کرنے والے یہ کیوں بھول جاتے تھے کہ اس وقت کپتان عمران خان تھا۔۔
جو نہ تو شیشے میں رات گزارتا نہ کھیل میں منہ کھول کر باسیاں لیتا۔۔

وہ خود بھی محنت کرتا اور کھلاڑیوں کو کھوتے سے کم کی نظر سے نہیں دیکھتا تھا۔۔
جن سے کام بس کام لینا ہوتا ہے۔۔​
Don't know so much about the game but it doesn't feel like a team, grouping and camps and all.

latif mk

MPA (400+ posts)
Bhai kabhi apni ghalti bhi tasleem kar leni chahiye ,agar Pakistan apne hisse k catches pakar lethe tu ye nobat na aathi. Agar Australia match de pehle ye malik aur Hassan Ali ki jaga imad Waseem aur afridi ko kila lete tu ye nobat na aathi.
Bhai na fielding na strategy tu kese WC jeetoge aur ziyada se ziyada semi final tak pohunch bhi jaate tu aage kiya karte

Will_Bite

Prime Minister (20k+ posts)
1. Pakistan lost because of that catch by Trent Boult
2. Pakistan lost because players went to sheesha cafe.
3. Pakistan lost because India lost to England.
4. Pakistan lost because NewZealand lost to England.

I think Pak team should have stayed back home.....and after the tournament was over, we simply could have said "Pakistan lost because the other teams won."

back to the future

When they win we carry them over our shoulders and when they lose we start kicking them
Is this attitude of a nation
Never seen such attitude of any balanced and progressive nation

Citizen X

President (40k+ posts)
If they win against Bangla then I have no issues with my team. Even with our broken system we came so close, that says something.

Compared to Australia, they have so much cricket starting from school level, that by the time a player is selected in the team he is already a well played, trained, experienced and mature cricketer.

While our players learn actual real world class cricket after joining the team.

infinity121

Politcal Worker (100+ posts)
If they win against Bangla then I have no issues with my team. Even with our broken system we came so close, that says something.

Compared to Australia, they have so much cricket starting from school level, that by the time a player is selected in the team he is already a well played, trained, experienced and mature cricketer.

While our players learn actual real world class cricket after joining the team.

That is not correct. Cricket is worshiped in Pakistan. When these guys get choosen to represent the country, they should perform and give it their best rather than sitting in sheesha clubs. Bunch of loosers!