Samsung Galaxy On5 (2016) [Problem Solving]

Pak News Official

MPA (400+ posts)
Well, I do not usually review about technology products, so you might have to go to other websites for more technicalities :P
So I purchased this phone called Samsung Galaxy On5 (16) two weeks ago from Telemart- Star Mall Saddar Branch. After a little research in the mall, I came to know it is the Korean version of Samsung Galaxy J5 Prime (p.s. Samsung itself is a Korean company). The phone was priced for a reasonable 16000/- Rupees and looks and feels really nice (much better than what it looks and feels in picture).

Anyhow, there are a few problems that you will come across, which I will highlight and some possible solutions for those problems.

1) No Compass - So if you go to remote areas frequently or you have to sail probably then you might find this phone a little useless (Just Kidding!). But yeah if you travel and need to find Qibla direction then this is a genuine problem with no possible solution.

2) WhatsApp/Push Notification - Ok this is something that will definitely piss off the phone's buyer. But luckily for a Google-tech-problem-solver like me it was not an issue for more than 4-5 days. (searching takes time, c'mon!)

The notifications started coming in after these three steps

i) Go to Settings - Applications -Application Manager- WhatsApp- Notifications- Toggle on Set as Priority.

ii) Keep WhatsApp opened in background, to make it sure, you need to close the lock icon above WhatsApp in background/running apps.

iii) Download the app called "Push Notification Fixer (PNF) from Play Store"

3) Third problem is that when you'll receive a call, the caller ID would not show number of contacts with country code (+92). To counter this, you can download "TrueCaller" that will hopefully solve problem.

So I hope this article will help at least those who are regretting after the purchase of Samsung Galaxy On5 and are cursing their seller and can't do much since it does not comes with a warranty. If any of these problems (or other ones related to On5) persist, then let's sort them out together in this thread,

Good luck!

Last edited by a moderator: