Punjab CM suspends Mayo MS, chief pharmacist during surprise visit

amber123

Chief Minister (5k+ posts)
CM Punjab Buzdar Suspended a competent MS on petty admin issue. That wheel chairs were provided to the patients after taking their ID cards to msje sure that people return the chair.

This is practices in all other areas such as Packages Mall to as an adminstation tool. MS mayo hodpital Dr Tahir Khalil is a very honest person who saved Rs 40 millions in the construction of Surgical Tower in Mayo Hospital. CM Punjab totally unaware of medical issues and scrace health budget allocation suspended incharges of the institutions without departmental inquiries or keeping on board the health minister of the Province.

It seems that failing to comprehend the issues on provincial matters and demonstrate his power CM Buzdar targeted the soft targets to present his credibility to PM Imran Khan. Punjab deserves a better Chief Minister to steer its massive administrative load.

Punjab CM suspends Mayo MS, chief pharmacist during surprise visit

5c9c4834baf80.jpg

LAHORE: Chief Minister Usman Buzdar on Wednesday paid a surprise visit to the Mayo Hospital and expressed his displeasure over the unsatisfactory provision of healthcare facilities in its emergency ward and non-provision of free medicines to the patients.

The chief minister suspended Medical Superintendent Dr Tahir Khalil and drug controller/chief pharmacist of the hospital, Irshad Hussain, under PEEDA act and directed them to report back to the department.

Mr Buzdar also issued warning to Mayo Hospital Chief Executive Officer Prof Dr Asad Aslam Khan for showing poor performance.

He reprimanded the chief pharmacist over the complaints by some patients and their attendants who said they had to buy medicines privately from the market. He also expressed his displeasure over absence of signboards for the guidance of patients and their attendants in different wards.

“I am saddened over the condition of emergency of such a big hospital and the condition of CNIC for provision of wheelchair to the patients is simply uncalled for,” he said and directed that the wheelchairs should be provided without production of CNICs because these were meant for the patients.

Published in Dawn, March 28th, 2019

umer

Minister (2k+ posts)
How do we know he's honest n competent. Shall we take your word for it? . If he has sacked him, must be good enough reason. Well he should go to the courts and file case against cm . Simple

amber123

How do we know he's honest n competent. Shall we take your word for it? . If he has sacked him, must be good enough reason. Well he should go to the courts and file case against cm . Simple
He is suspended on issues mentioned in the post. Do you believe that all people will return wheel chairs once allowed for their patients. Their must be action by the respective departmental health authority and reports submitted to CM.

Abdul Allah

Minister (2k+ posts)
He is suspended on issues mentioned in the post. Do you believe that all people will return wheel chairs once allowed for their patients. Their must be action by the respective departmental health authority and reports submitted to CM.

Wheel chairs should not be allowed to go outside the hospital . So there is no point of Not returning the wheel chair if the stop wheel chairs on exit of hospitals.

I once face a very difficult issue in Mayo hospital my self.

My father was in need of wheel chair as he was not able to walk . I try to get wheel chair.

They say.

Apka mariz is department ka nahi hy ap jidar check karwany ja rahy udar sy wheel chair milay gi.

amber123

I do understand your feelings. However I personally know he saved Rs 40 million from the bureaucratic expenses while constructing Surgical Tower. We must differenciate between corruption and little managerial (though tough sometime) complaints keeping in view the load on our hispitals with insignificant health budget. Suspenion on corruption, massive managerial issues and nepotism is justified however following the departmental procedures.

islamabadi

Minister (2k+ posts)
Bas Suspend karna aata hai.....chaaapey maaro aur suspend karo.....reforms na laana hospitals mein. Hospitals ko autonomaus na banaana ....yehi circus pichley 70 salon se chala araha hai.....kabhi hospital staff suspend...kabhi SHO...DSP suspend....Kabhi passport office staff suspend....kabhi teachers suspend......ye log maghrib ki misaal dene waley.....kia maghrib mein Donald Trump or any state Governor goes around suspending people? Have u ever heard Obama or Theresa May walk into hospitals and suspend their MS Chief? Why? They have systems in place....jo buzdaar aur uski PTI party waley laaney ki ehliyat nahi rakhtey......reforms kub laogey ...retarded log

Dantheman

MPA (400+ posts)
Honest or not honest! I never liked this surprise visit suspension dramay bazi! What a noora mentality! I guess once a noora always a noora wala scene hai with this idiot CM. I don’t know what I’m ran khan saw in him, I’m 110% against jahils and incompetents like him to be put at such a big post.