PTI on the verge of a split as Angry PTI MNAs form a group

Pakistani to the core

Politcal Worker (100+ posts)
PTI had this coming all along, only thing is the foolish core committee couldn't anticipate how their stupidity would end the party's foothold in the KPK province. Better sooner than later.

‘Angry’ PTI MNAs form group

By Ismail Khan
Published about an hour ago

PTI supporters listen to Imran Khan’s speech at the sit-in here on Saturday. — Photo by AP

PESHAWAR: The Pakistan Tehreek-i-Insaf’s Members of National Assembly from Khyber Pakhtunkhwa opposed to resignation from the lower house have formed their own group and elected their own chairman to serve as focal person within the party and the parliament, a party insider told Dawn on Saturday.

A party parliamentarian told Dawn that the group consists of 13 MNAs. They have elected MNA Gulzar Khan as their leader. A vice chairman of the group has also been elected.

Gulzar Khan, a retired bureaucrat who had joined PTI shortly before last year’s general election, was elected MNA from NA-4, Peshawar-4, receiving 55,134 votes against a PML -N candidate, Nasir Khan Musazai. He has a heart condition and has been staying put in Peshawar for medical treatment.

The party insider said Gulzar Khan was conveyed the decision of his appointment as leader of the dissident MNAs, along with the name of the deputy chairman, on Friday evening. The source claimed that more MNAs from PTI were considering joining the dissident group.

The meeting of the dissident MNAs was held after behind-the-scenes deliberation following the PTI core committee’s statement about the resignation of its lawmakers. A member of the dissident group disclosed to Dawn names of some of the MNAs who, he claimed, had decided not to resign their seats.

The convener of the dissident PTI parliamentarians from KP was not available for comment and his cell phone remained switched off.

“We had told Imran Khan that we would resign only if the KP chief minister, ministers and MPAs resigned. We will not quit our seats without them,” the dissident said.

He said that the party leadership’s attempt to save their government in KP and at the same time asking MNAs to resign, smacked of opportunism. “There is no principle here,” the lawmaker said.

Shah Mehmood Qureshi, who submitted resignation of PTI parliamentarians to the Speaker of National Assembly Secretariat, said he had not counted how many of the 34 party lawmakers have resigned, but added that two or three MNAs were out of the country and would submit their resignations upon their return.

A party leader said only three MNAs from KP have so far not submitted their resignations and they had been asked to furnish them as soon as possible.

A source in the federal capital, however, claimed the PTI had submitted seventeen resignations, some addressed to the chairman of the party, rather than the Speaker of National Assembly.

Jehangir Tareen, a PTI leader who is regarded as Imran Khan’s confidant, did not reply to a question about the development.

Another lawmaker said the decision to quit the National Assembly was arbitrary and had been made without consulting the party’s legislators. “We have been pushed into a blind alley,” the lawmaker bemoaned.

“Even if we resign and our resignations are accepted, what next,” the party legislator wondered. “Nobody seems to have an answer to this,” he said, adding that the question was raised at the party’s core committee meeting too.

Published in Dawn, August 24th, 2014

Last edited by a moderator:

ash65

Imran is honest, sincere but...stupid, Imran has great passions, but lacks wisdom/insight...............

GreenMaple

Prime Minister (20k+ posts)
They probably will be kicked out of the party. The only reason they got elected was due to PTI ticket.

Its really strange no one is still blaming IK of his disastrous behavior..he and he is to be blamed. I and many looked up to PTI as a force that, in future, might be something which can get some tangible changes in the country. But IKs greed and stubbornness has crashed all hopes...and thank god that he has been exposed before most of the country would have fall in to his "honesty" which is actually only a propaganda...

Pakistani to the core

Jinho ne kal chorna hey aaj chor jaen.

sahi kaha aapnay.... magar Imran Khan Shaadi pakki kiye baghair Islamaabad say nahi niklega.... ;)

mujhe pehlay hee shakk thaa keh larki waalo nay shart rakkhi hogi keh 10 din Parliament kay baahir dharna diya to Shaadi hogi warna kuch nahi hoga.... aakhir kal Imran Khan nay apna vision saamnay rakh hee diya. :D

pcdoc24x7

Minister (2k+ posts)
Aap ko Imran ki shaadi ki itni fikar kiyon hai ... asal fikar to tum jaise paid touts ko un paison ki hai jo ab thode din main band hone wale hain .... shamelss and souless creature. I would recommend you to change your ID to "Patwari to the core" because that's exactly what you are ... clear from your behavior. Writing's on the wall for all the status quo parties and the beneficiaries of this corrupt system .... Time's up for you soon. Try finding some work which require some real skills and some brain work.

sahi kaha aapnay.... magar Imran Khan Shaadi pakki kiye baghair Islamaabad say nahi niklega.... ;)

mujhe pehlay hee shakk thaa keh larki waalo nay shart rakkhi hogi keh 10 din Parliament kay baahir dharna diya to Shaadi hogi warna kuch nahi hoga.... aakhir kal Imran Khan nay apna vision saamnay rakh hee diya. :D

Talwar Gujjar

Chief Minister (5k+ posts)
Imran is honest, sincere but...stupid, Imran has great passions, but lacks wisdom/insight...............

I agree that Bonga Khan is stupid. He is also dishonest, selfish, cheat and a karaey ka tattoo. He is doing all this dharna thing not for dhandli (there is none that you can prove) but for getting Musharraf out of the country. He made big bucks during Musharraf era (an ex PTI talked of brief cases full of cash) and he must have been paid specifically for this event. This joker may have made a few millions but he has caused a loss of billions to the economy.

Every elected MNA in his party is more capable and sensible than this stupid playboy. They should ditch him and stand on their own. It is no joke running an election and winning it. They have been entrusted a trust by the people. They should honor it and try to help solve whatever prevalent problems they can work on in their respective constituencies.

Pakistani to the core

Aap ko Imran ki shaadi ki itni fikar kiyon hai ... asal fikar to tum jaise paid touts ko un paison ki hai jo ab thode din main band hone wale hain .... shamelss and souless creature. I would recommend you to change your ID to "Patwari to the core" because that's exactly what you are ... clear from your behavior. Writing's on the wall for all the status quo parties and the beneficiaries of this corrupt system .... Time's up for you soon. Try finding some work which require some real skills and some brain work.

the threat you just made to me is appreciated... we are after all shameless and soul-less.... since my days are numbered, let me at least enjoy the last few days O my pious friend!

I still can't imagine what will happen to all PTI supporters when Imran Khan will try to justify the biggest blunder of his life after these few days of absolute foolishness! :D

mali_june

This is a good news! If they leave, party will be cleaner. I think they have not learned yet that Imran CANNOT be blackmailed.

pcdoc24x7

Minister (2k+ posts)
Nothing will happen to PTI supporters .... buddy ... don't worry ... We are with Imran as he is a patriotic, corruption-free, sincere and visionary leader....unlike you and your other friends who show up here to defend the corruption of your masters. Enjoy this money which is provided to you courtesy of tax payers of this nation on which you and your masters are enjoying without any shame or guilt. Even if Imran fails...it doesn't matter .... He is after all one man against all the axis of evil and corruption... At least his struggle is not for himself but for the people of this nation ... unlike your masters whose sole purpose of getting into power is to loot this nation more and make poor poorer and rich richer. Only someone who either is a paid tout or beneficiary of this system can defend these filth of the Earth who has been sitting like leeches and sucking it dry for last 30-40 years so I know it is difficult for you to let go now.

the threat you just made to me is appreciated... we are after all shameless and soul-less.... since my days are numbered, let me at least enjoy the last few days O my pious friend!

I still can't imagine what will happen to all PTI supporters when Imran Khan will try to justify the biggest blunder of his life after these few days of absolute foolishness! :D

Abdul jabbar

Minister (2k+ posts)
kiki.gif

Awan-1

Minister (2k+ posts)
Its really strange no one is still blaming IK of his disastrous behavior..he and he is to be blamed. I and many looked up to PTI as a force that, in future, might be something which can get some tangible changes in the country. But IKs greed and stubbornness has crashed all hopes...and thank god that he has been exposed before most of the country would have fall in to his "honesty" which is actually only a propaganda...

10000% agreed

Mehrushka

Prime Minister (20k+ posts)
Ye log concert main busy hain....Aur govt is busy in something else :biggthumpup: I've heard esteefon pe kuch pe naqli signs hain [hilar]