Pakistan's exports will increase up to $36 billion in 5 years: IMF

Imran the legend

Chief Minister (5k+ posts)
ISLAMABAD: The International Monetary Fund (IMF) has projected that Pakistan’s exports will increase to US $ 36.7 billion in five years by the year 2023-24.

The pressure of current account deficit on the country will also ease out gradually from its peak US $ 19.9 billion in 2017-18 to as low as $6.95 billion in current fiscal year while US $ 5.49 billion in 2020-21, the IMF said in its recently published staff report on Pakistan.

The trade deficit would also decline to US $ 24.9 billion in current fiscal year from US $ 29.46 billion in 2018-19, however it will further go up to US $ 26.8 billion mainly on the back of growing import needs in coming years.

Meanwhile the report also estimated that due to policy measures committed by the Pakistan authorities, the Federal Board of Revenue (FBR) is likely to collect around Rs 5.5 trillion during current fiscal year which would increase to Rs 7.001 trillion in next year while in 2021-2022 the revenues would reach to Rs 8.3 trillion and Rs 9.48 billion in the subsequent year.

The overall revenues of the country will surge to Rs 7.165 trillion in 2019-20 followed by Rs 8.9 trillion in 2020-21, Rs 10.6 trillion in 2021-22, Rs 12.12 trillion in 2022-23, and Rs 13.37 billion in 2023-24. With less than 1.5 million taxpayers filing tax returns and tax compliance generally very low, tax policy and tax administration measures will center on broadening the tax base while maintaining a low tax rate, aiming to ensure progress of the tax system, it added.

Staff and the authorities concurred that an additional 4-5 percentage points of GDP in additional tax revenues could be achieved by the end of the program, bringing Pakistan tax ratio in line with peer Emerging Markets.

In the near term, measures include removing exemptions and preferential treatment to reduce distortions in the tax system and broaden the tax base.

These include the removal of GST exemptions and preferential rates, except for basic food and medicines, a measure that would significantly improve revenues, the report added.

Greater inter-provincial harmonization and coordination of GST will also simplify filing procedures and increase compliance.
Source

Dunkin Donut

Senator (1k+ posts)
1) this is a News item from JANG/GEO group which is officially declared traitor fake news media group by Subedar Sab

2) the News item is from July when Pro IMF Champions in Pakistan were trying to create a positive image of IMF after Imran Khan's earlier statements against IMF slavery, ofcourse objective was to get a loan and save Imran's buring arse !

3) this is September and any small or large businessman or woman will spit on your face if you will say "wait you will be good in 5 years"

stargazer

Once, Bongi khan will fly, I will take a look at his flying path .
You are accepting that someone other than you is a leader, even tough you call him Bongi khan. What a contradiction in your thinking, but it explains a lot.
you want to be a follower!

Zaidi Qasim

Prime Minister (20k+ posts)
You are accepting that someone other than you is a leader, even tough you call him Bongi khan. What a contradiction in your thinking, but it explains a lot.
you want to be a follower!
Who is Bongi khan and why am I calling him that ? Could Bongi Khan be a leader ? Could someone swallow a fly knowingly ? I Guess , he /she can. Unless she and he is not Pottyhead.

stargazer

Who is Bongi khan and why am I calling him that ? Could Bongi Khan be a leader ? Could someone swallow a fly knowingly ? I Guess , he /she can. Unless she and he is not Pottyhead.
If you want to wait and see his course then, you are having a serious problem of understanding. Call him whatever but you have accepted that you are a follower.

Zaidi Qasim

Prime Minister (20k+ posts)
If you want to wait and see his course then, you are having a serious problem of understanding. Call him whatever but you have accepted that you are a follower.
You are free to twists my writing anyway you want . But I am sure you already have understood why I call him Bongi.

Sonya Khan

Minister (2k+ posts)
Loot and plunder of last 40 years will not be easy to rectify ..... The indicators will start looking good in a couple of years ..... Once the economy gets better , the politics of Sharifs and zardaris will finish ..... Then PPP and PML will HAVE to choose men/women of integrity to lead otherwise they will be wiped out and new parties will emerge......

Mojo-jojo

Minister (2k+ posts)
very rosy picture, can't be achieved without very strict descipline .

Not very difficult in my opinion if manufacturing and industrial sector is revived, agricultural output particularly in cotton improved, value addition to products carried out and new markets approached

Samlee

Senator (1k+ posts)
1) this is a News item from JANG/GEO group which is officially declared traitor fake news media group by Subedar Sab

2) the News item is from July when Pro IMF Champions in Pakistan were trying to create a positive image of IMF after Imran Khan's earlier statements against IMF slavery, ofcourse objective was to get a loan and save Imran's buring arse !

3) this is September and any small or large businessman or woman will spit on your face if you will say "wait you will be good in 5 years"

Hey Fat Amigo Why So Much Ranting Didn't Get Your Khota Biryani Today

Jack Squire

MPA (400+ posts)
Despite being a staunch IK supporter, cmon, lets be real, not gonna happen unless the ruling families of Nawaz and Zardari entirely quit politics and neglible corruption remains... perhaps then.... right now its as good as rainbows and butterflies...