Mosque loudspeakers volume go full blast displaying passive defiance.

Shareef

Minister (2k+ posts)
Ever since a restriction has been imposed on collective prayers in mosques to check any possibility of spread of the virus, the loudspeaker volumes have gone up noticeably for Azaan and recitation of naats etc, as if in passive defiance.

Let alone temporary modification of the Aazan, never has there been an announcement from the Masjid loudspeaker to pray in Jamaat at home with family members as per the fatawa and govt orders.. It appears the clerics do not want muslims to pray Jamaat at home which would also motivate female members to pray in Jamaat with family heads leading..

The clerics just want people to come to the mosque --that is the begining and end of their Islam, unfortunately. No lessons of character building and moral science are given in the mosques.. just pray, go out and do what you want seems to be the mission of the clergy.

Doesn't the software of the whole clergy needs to be updated to profess the true spirit of Islam instead of them limiting Islam to praying in the mosque behind them, only.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ayaz Ahmed

Senator (1k+ posts)
Totally misleading thread, never ever heard Jumma Azan, full lockdown implemented (locked mosque gates) and even loudspeakers are banned.

feeqa

Senator (1k+ posts)
Only reason is the money (chanda) which they won't get if people don't come to mosque
I can bet in Ramadan these Jahil Molvis will be in full defiance since Ramadan is their Grand Earning Season

Shareef

Minister (2k+ posts)
Totally misleading thread, never ever heard Jumma Azan, full lockdown implemented (locked mosque gates) and even loudspeakers are banned.
Brother, this is an absolutely honest and true thread. Which place are you living to be not hearing the Friday prayers Azan?. That looks rather strange.

Eyeaan

Chief Minister (5k+ posts)
After weeks long "jehad" against mulla and constant "mulla bashing" on one pretext or the other, here comes another post with a cooked-up issue.
Now start abusing mulla, and telling how a 'great' Muslims some of the members are, and start lecturing about true Islam...... Pathetic.
Looks like, at the end of this epidemic corona vanishes or not but some members will succeed killing all clergy in their operation clean-up. Good luck.

Shareef

Minister (2k+ posts)
After weeks long "jehad" against mulla and constant "mulla bashing" on one pretext or the other, here comes another post with a cooked-up issue.
Now start abusing mulla, and telling how a 'great' Muslims some of the members are, and start lecturing about true Islam...... Pathetic.
Looks like, at the end of this epidemic corona vanishes or not but some members will succeed killing all clergy in their operation clean-up. Good luck.
Dear Eyeaan chief minister sahib, Where is mulla bashing in this thread. Infact the word 'mulla' is not even mentioned. I have narrated what is my honest observation and if you have any difference on any point mention it instead of making a general statement. Do you think that clerics are preaching sadaqat, amanat and huqooq ul ibaad in mosques and tableegh? If not, then they should, is all what I want to say. Thanks.

islamabadi

Minister (2k+ posts)
Clerics? who are they? Do they matter? Are we living in theocracy ? No....at no level of government do clerics matter. How many maulvis were there during the time of our prophet? You can live your entire life religiously without meeting or interacting with a single of your so called "cleric" .... Secondly "character building " starts in school not in masjid. Not the job of a maulvi to build my kids character

Shareef

Minister (2k+ posts)
Clerics? who are they? Do they matter? Are we living in theocracy ? No....at no level of government do clerics matter. How many maulvis were there during the time of our prophet? You can live your entire life religiously without meeting or interacting with a single of your so called "cleric" .... Secondly "character building " starts in school not in masjid. Not the job of a maulvi to build my kids character
Theoretically you are right but practically, whether we like it or not, the cleric does have a most defining role in a Muslim's life (at least in Pakistan).. He is called at the time of birth to recite azaan in the ears of a newborn. He is called over for a person's last rituals at the time of death. In between we are supposed to stand behind him five times a day to pray. We consider him a bridge between us and heaven. How can we not be influenced by him? A school teachers also prays behind him five times a day and learns ethics from him. The teacher can only impart what he learns of morality from a higher authority i.e the cleric. We may not like the cleric but we cannot ignore his crucial role in the shaping of our beliefs and conduct in matters of everyday life.