First Street Sexual Harassment Fine Imposed in France

Vitamin_C

Chief Minister (5k+ posts)
I understand. How does that justify making legislation that says men should have privileges on the number of partners they can have?

You keep repeating the same mantra in every post without understanding what is being explained. I never said we should make laws to discriminate against any gender. All I'm saying is that men and women biologically have different mental and physical capabilities, and because of that they are NOT same/equal in every thing. This is NOT about treating them differently.

cestmoi ✅️

I understand. How does that justify making legislation that says men should have privileges on the number of partners they can have?

First of all, the law is not forcing any man to have 4 wives. Second, if a man forces 4 women to become his wives, he will be committing a crime. The Islamic laws allows a man to have 4 wives. Infact, Quran clearly says you can do 4 but stick to 1 if you can't treat them equally. Here is the translation of Chapter 4 Verse 3.

"If you fear that you might not treat the orphans justly, then marry the women that seem good to you: two, or three, or four. If you fear that you will not be able to treat them justly, then marry (only) one, or marry from among those whom your right hands possess. This will make it more likely that you will avoid injustice"

If you google, you will find detailed Islamic logic behind it. But biologically speaking, a man can and want to bond with multiple women, while women on the other hand want to bond with one partner. I'm sure you understand this from emotional perspective too since you have been with multiple women as you say.

NacGhey

Politcal Worker (100+ posts)
Dear, this is a case of "If you repeat lies hundreds of times people start believing it to be true". Reality however is very different from what we are taught in Islamiat classes and one only needs to open a book on Sharia law to confirm it. If you want to dig deep into the rat hole the findings can be appalling.

"And their Lord answereth them, 'I will not suffer the work of him among you that worketh, whether of male or female, to be lost. The one of you is the issue of the other." (Q. 3:195)

"Mankind fear your Lord, who created you of a single soul, and from it created its mate." (Q. 4:1)

"And it is for the women to act as they (the husbands) act by them, in all fairness; but the men are a step above them." (Q. 2:228)
"Men have authority over women because Allah has made the one superior to the other."(Q. 4:34) Dawood

"Men are superior to women, and a man is better than a woman." Ibn Kathir on Q. 4:34

"(The males share is that of two females). Man is more perfect than the woman in creation, and intelligence, and in the religious sphere, such as the suitability to be a judge, and a leader in worship. Also, the testimony of the man is twice that of the woman. So that whoever is given great responsibilities must be given correspondingly great privileges. As the woman is deficient in intelligence and of great lust, if she is given much money, much corruption will be the result. " Al Razi on Q. 4:11

This is just one aspect, Islam discriminates women on over a dozen others.
Good you quoted, have you taken these references after reading quran yourself or work of someone else? I am man myself but I like to see quotes which give full picture not half quotes. If time permits I will reread to bring in where Allah always stressed on the importance of females. There is no doubt that men is created stronger but women are equally capable in other aspects. I fear telling you what is not all said by Allah, this also includes telling half the story.

NacGhey

First of all, the law is not forcing any man to have 4 wives. Second, if a man forces 4 women to become his wives, he will be committing a crime. The Islamic laws allows a man to have 4 wives. Infact, Quran clearly says you can do 4 but stick to 1 if you can't treat them equally. Here is the translation of Chapter 4 Verse 3.

"If you fear that you might not treat the orphans justly, then marry the women that seem good to you: two, or three, or four. If you fear that you will not be able to treat them justly, then marry (only) one, or marry from among those whom your right hands possess. This will make it more likely that you will avoid injustice"

If you google, you will find detailed Islamic logic behind it. But biologically speaking, a man can and want to bond with multiple women, while women on the other hand want to bond with one partner. I'm sure you understand this from emotional perspective too since you have been with multiple women as you say.
And it even goes further that you will not be able to do justice between /among them...so in nutshell stick to one. One should read quran above cultural and sectarian influence.

Vitamin_C

If you are a Muslim then you believe that God wrote the Quran. Then you also believe that the word of god has precedence over word of man and therefore laws should be based on the word of God.

If law is allowing men to have 4 wives then it should also allow women to have 4 husband. What is your justification for this selective treatment and discrimination?

Quote me a scientific study that says that only men can be polyamorous but not women? I personally know many women who engage in polyamorous relationships.

Vitamin_C

If you think I am telling half of the story then show me how. I have given references so that you can cross check for yourself. But I think they are pretty clear that in Islam women are inferior to men.

Good you quoted, have you taken these references after reading quran yourself or work of someone else? I am man myself but I like to see quotes which give full picture not half quotes. If time permits I will reread to bring in where Allah always stressed on the importance of females. There is no doubt that men is created stronger but women are equally capable in other aspects. I fear telling you what is not all said by Allah, this also includes telling half the story.

cestmoi ✅️

If you are a Muslim then you believe that God wrote the Quran. Then you also believe that the word of god has precedence over word of man and therefore laws should be based on the word of God.

If law is allowing men to have 4 wives then it should also allow women to have 4 husband. What is your justification for this selective treatment and discrimination?

Quote me a scientific study that says that only men can be polyamorous but not women? I personally know many women who engage in polyamorous relationships.

Ok, here is another biological reason. Women give birth. If you have 4 husbands to 1 wife, you can clearly see the issue here. She can carry only one guy's baby at a time. This could become a huge issue for other men very quickly psychologically and sexually (satisfying 4 men). Now you may say, well not everyone wants babies. Thats a whole different story all together. We are talking about natural/biological things here (we are suppose to reproduce).

Regarding 'polyamorous relationships' you mentioned, my above paragraph kind of explains it. We are talking about long-term meaningful marriages/relationships NOT sleeping around.

cestmoi ✅️

If you think I am telling half of the story then show me how. I have given references so that you can cross check for yourself. But I think they are pretty clear that in Islam women are inferior to men.

I already explained this. The 'discrimination' is based on different mental and physical capabilities of men and women.

cestmoi ✅️

Also, imagine when the wife is on her periods what will those 4 husbands do? They may end up killing each other!

Vitamin_C

Making babies is not the only reasons humans make love. Most of the time it is for bonding and pleasure. And not all women can bear children.

Divorce rates or over 50% and not all marriages are long lasting.

Our animal nature is to reproduce but humans are thinking animals and may chose to over-ride those instincts and make a completely different purpose in life than to just reproduce, such as dedicate your life to finding a cure to a deadly disease instead of raising children.

And even you think women are biologically incapable of polyamory, then why limit women to 1 husband? Whats the point of the limit if you think biologically they cant handle more than one?

There are many cultures all over the world in which women are allowed to have multiple husbands at the same time
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Polyandry#Known_cases

Your argument does not hold

Ok, here is another biological reason. Women give birth. If you have 4 husbands to 1 wife, you can clearly see the issue here. She can carry only one guy's baby at a time. This could become a huge issue for other men very quickly psychologically and sexually. Now you may say, well not everyone wants babies. Thats a whole different story all together. We are talking about natural/biological things here (we are suppose to reproduce).

Regarding 'polyamorous relationships' you mentioned, my above paragraph kind of explains it. We are talking about long-term meaningful marriages/relationships NOT sleeping around.

cestmoi ✅️

Making babies is not the only reasons humans make love. Most of the time it is for bonding and pleasure. And not all women can bear children.

Divorce rates or over 50% and not all marriages are long lasting.

Our animal nature is to reproduce but humans are thinking animals and may chose to over-ride those instincts and make a completely different purpose in life than to just reproduce, such as dedicate your life to finding a cure to a deadly disease instead of raising children.

And even you think women are biologically incapable of polyamory, then why limit women to 1 husband? Whats the point of the limit if you think biologically they cant handle more than one?

There are many cultures all over the world in which women are allowed to have multiple husbands at the same time
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Polyandry#Known_cases

Your argument does not hold

You came back with the argument that I said you will. 'Not everyone wants babies' or 'Humans may not want to produce'. Well then humans wont exist anymore, end of story. Dont forget how you came into existence.

I never said making babies is the only reason we make love. It is the main reason (biologically).

NacGhey

Dear, I am not saying that you are giving me half the story, I was asking if it's your work or work of someone else, I have read Quran with translation couple of times, I don't come to the same judgment as you/ or whoever compiled the references. men are created stronger, however, the discussion is wrong, who is superior. both are creations of Allah as insan and I will never say he created one more superior than others. all are created equally, however, the capabilities are different. it all depends on how we look at it, which culture we come from and what our parents/ teachers taught us.

Vitamin_C

Your argument presupposes that the main purpose of sex is to bear children, this may be true for other animals but humans are more complex compared to other animal.

Humans are among few animals that engage in sex mostly for bonding and pleasure. You cannot assume the reason behind a marriage and make discriminatory laws based on that assumption. And don't pretend that this is the only discriminatory law against women under Islam. If I start reading the charge sheet you will have to make up more dumb arguments to support your wrong position.

You came back with the argument that I said you will. 'Not everyone wants babies' or 'Humans may not want to produce'. Well then humans wont exist anymore, end of story. Dont forget how you came into existence.

I never said making babies is the only reason we make love. It is the main reason (biologically).

Last edited:

Vitamin_C

Its neither mine nor anyone else's, just a small part of what Islam says about women's rights, it discriminates against women in nearly every area. I wouldn't advise reading cover to cover as the Quran is not written in chronological order. And the author's insistence to make it sound poetic has made it vague and less objective to understand. Therefore it is important to read it with reference to Tafsirs, Prophets Biography and Hadith. Then you will get the real picture of what is going on.

Dear, I am not saying that you are giving me half the story, I was asking if it's your work or work of someone else, I have read Quran with translation couple of times, I don't come to the same judgment as you/ or whoever compiled the references. men are created stronger, however, the discussion is wrong, who is superior. both are creations of Allah as insan and I will never say he created one more superior than others. all are created equally, however, the capabilities are different. it all depends on how we look at it, which culture we come from and what our parents/ teachers taught us.

cestmoi ✅️

Your argument presupposes that the sole purpose of sex is to bear children, when thats not true, humans engage in sex mostly for bonding and pleasure. You cannot assume the reason behind a marriage and make discriminatory laws based on that assumption.

I clearly said in my previous post that making babies is not the only reason for making love. However it is the main reason biologically. Without this, humans will cease to exist. You have to talk biology. You are talking more like how everyone is talking these days to be politically correct.

Also, the reason behind marriage does not have to be 'making babies'. Biologically, 1 woman cannot sexually satisfy 4 men in the long run. You can deny this as much as you want but this is true! Google it. Islam goes by 'nature'. However, one can do whatever the fcuk they want.

Vitamin_C

Not true. The main reasons humans engage in sex is for pleasure and bonding. Why do you think there is a market for condoms and birth control? Why do couples engage in sex even after a woman is pregnant?

Humans are complex animals our biology is not as straightforward as fruit flies that die after injecting sperm.

I googled it and it showed many videos in which a woman satisfied much more than 4 men, however I saw very few in which men could do the same.

I clearly said in my previous post that making babies is not the only reason for making love. However it is the main reason biologically. Without this, humans will cease to exist. You have to talk biology. You are talking more like how everyone is talking these days to be politically correct.

Also, the reason behind marriage does not have to be 'making babies'. Biologically, 1 woman cannot sexually satisfy 4 men in the long run. You can deny this as much as you want but this is true! Google it. Islam goes by 'nature'. However, one can do whatever the fcuk they want.

cestmoi ✅️

I have explained this to him in few different posts. How hard it is to understand. A physically stronger person is superior to a weaker. We all know and acknowledge this in real life. This does not mean we should treat them differently. This difference is important to understand.

cestmoi ✅️

Not true. The main reasons humans engage in sex is for pleasure and bonding. Why do you think there is a market for condoms and birth control? Why do couples engage in sex even after a woman is pregnant?

Humans are complex animals our biology is not as straightforward as fruit flies that die after injecting sperm.

I googled it and it showed many videos in which a woman satisfied much more than 4 men, however I saw very few in which men could do the same.

Ok, I dont think I can explain any more. I can only laugh at this point.

How old are you by the way?

Vitamin_C

You can laugh all you want, logic and evidence does not support what you say

You only need to have sex once to have a child followed by 9 months of labour, but healthy adult couples have sex at-least twice a week. This describes your desperate and dumb arguments to defend a 7th century barbaric mentality.

https://www.jstor.org/stable/3813418?seq=1#page_scan_tab_contents

https://courses.lumenlearning.com/wmopen-psychology/chapter/introduction-to-sexual-behavior/

How do you justify a woman's testimony to be equal to half that of a man?

Ok, I dont think I can explain any more. I can only laugh at this point.

How old are you by the way?

cestmoi ✅️

You can laugh all you want, logic and evidence does not support what you say

You only need to have sex once to have a child followed by 9 months of labour, but healthy adult couples have sex at-least twice a week. This describes your desperate and dumb arguments to defend a 7th century barbaric mentality.

https://www.jstor.org/stable/3813418?seq=1#page_scan_tab_contents

https://courses.lumenlearning.com/wmopen-psychology/chapter/introduction-to-sexual-behavior/

How do you justify a woman's testimony to be equal to half that of a man?

FFS! You are dumb not to understand that I never said humans should not or cannot have sex for pleasure. Humans have sex everyday and even multiple times a day. You just keep repeating the same shit over n over which I never said.

You need to get out of the porn world. Did you seriously google and watched a gangbang video and came back telling me that a woman satisfied 4 men? Please tell me you did not! LOL. We are talking about long term one-on-one sex! Islam does not allow the husband to have sex with all 4 wives at the same time OR to your argument 4 husbands with 1 wife at the same time.