Election tribunals directs verification of another 99 voting bags in NA-118

crankthskunk

Chief Minister (5k+ posts)
I don't think this news is shared on the forum. I saw this ticker running on ARY in the morning but has not seen it on the forum, unless I missed it. Anyway, it seems slowly and gradually the chickens are coming home to roast. IK's stand is gradually proving right.

These 99 bags have gone missing from the accounts department. There is a material mis-statement in the reporting. The request was made by PTI's Hamid Zaman to inspect these 99 bags also. The PMLN had made these bags disappeared from the accounts office. We know why.
I am also enclosing the December news when the tribunal ordered for the production of these bags.

LAHORE, Dec 31 (INP): The election tribunal of Lahore has directed for verification of record of another 99 voting bags in National Assembly constituency NA-118.

The election tribunal on Wednesday conducted the hearing of a case pertaining to electoral rigging in NA-118, constituency of Lahore.

Pakistan Tehreek-i-Insaf (PTI) candidate, Hamid Zaman had filed a petition in the election tribunal contending that some 99 voting bags were lying at the Accounts Department, which could still not be verified.

He had requested the tribunal that the record of these voting bags should also be examined. In reply, the tribunal directed the election commission to authenticate the record and present it a finalized report on January 07, 2015.

PML-N nominee, Malik Riaz had emerged victorious from NA-118 in the general elections 2013 by securing 103,346 votes but his opponent PTI candidate Hamid Zaman challenged his victory.

http://dailythepatriot.com/election...fication-of-another-99-voting-bags-in-na-118/[/QUOTE]

Last edited by a moderator:

crankthskunk

Chief Minister (5k+ posts)
I don't know why Ijaz edited my post. But this is a confirmed today's news.

Lahore – An Election Tribunal (ET) has ordered arrest of Finance Department’s Treasury Officer for failing to present 99 voting bags belonging to NA-118 constituency of Lahore and ordered Chief Secretary Punjab to produce him along with record.ET, while hearing of a case pertaining to alleged rigging in the constituency on December 31, had ordered the Treasury Officer to present 99 missing voting bags on January 7. However, he failed to present the record.The tribunal today expressed displeasure over the non-compliance of order, saying non-submission of record is causing delay in announcement of verdict.Pakistan Muslim League-Nawaz (PML-N) had Malik Riaz had filed a petition in ET, stating that some 99 unverified voting bags of NA-118 are placed in Accounts Department which should be inspected.Malik had won the seat in May 2013 general elections by bagging 103,346 votes. Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf’s Hamid Zaman, who was runners-up with 43,616 votes, had challenged Malik’s victory in the tribunal.The tribunal had ordered National Database Registration Authority (NADRA) to verify ballots with thumb impressions of the voters in November 2013.NADRA, in its report submitted to tribunal in September last year, had pointed out a number of irregularities in the consistency’s polling record, ranging from mismatching of thumb impressions to invalid CNICs.The NADRA report had also revealed that 143 bags containing polling record does not belong to Election Commission of Pakistan and here the record was found in fertilizer, rice and other private bags.In October, Lahore High Court (LHC) had rejected Malik’s petition seeking recounting of votes in NA-118, stating he court cannot interfere in tribunal’s matters.
http://www.pakistantribune.com.pk/2...-tribunal-orders-arrest-treasury-officer.html