Pakistan Garment Makers Chase Rivals in India and Bangladesh

Xiggs

Chief Minister (5k+ posts)
I have not seen any Made in Pakistan dress shirts or cotton pants or children's dresses in the stores here in USA.

Pakistani garment manufacturers need to diversify further and improve the quality and designs of their products
Right! I have seen only men's MIP tshirt. Will let you know if see any other clothing item.

v r imran k

yay apnay her brand main giay ka moter cow urine mix kerty hian even priminster house rashtrya baven ki safai kay chemcial mian b giay ka moter mix kerty hian iss liay loug indian sy hath milanay k bad apna hath saaf kerty hain

desicad

کبھی آپ نے انڈین گارمنٹ دیکھیے ہیں؟ ..جتنی خراب کوالٹی ان کی ہوتی ہے کسی کی نہیں ہوتی ..میٹریل بھی اور سلائی بھی ..اس سے بہتر پاکستان کی سائیڈ واک پر کپڑے ملتے ہیں .کپڑے کی کوالٹی بھی اچھی اور سلائی بھی ..اور پرائس بہت ہی کم .میں ٹیگ دیکھیے بغیر بتا سکتی ہوں کہ یہ میڈ ان انڈیا ہے
پاکستان کا مسلہ یہ ہے کہ یہ کوالٹی برقرار نہیں رکھتے ..سونے کے انڈے دینے والی مرغی کو ایک بار ہی ذبح کرنا چاہتے ہیں
You should start running in opposite direction as fast as you can when you see any garment made in India or any Indian product for that matter........

Last edited:

Phoebusrex

Senator (1k+ posts)
کبھی آپ نے انڈین گارمنٹ دیکھیے ہیں؟ ..جتنی خراب کوالٹی ان کی ہوتی ہے کسی کی نہیں ہوتی ..میٹریل بھی اور سلائی بھی ..اس سے بہتر پاکستان کی سائیڈ واک پر کپڑے ملتے ہیں .کپڑے کی کوالٹی بھی اچھی اور سلائی بھی ..اور پرائس بہت ہی کم .میں ٹیگ دیکھیے بغیر بتا سکتی ہوں کہ یہ میڈ ان انڈیا ہے
پاکستان کا مسلہ یہ ہے کہ یہ کوالٹی برقرار نہیں رکھتے ..سونے کے انڈے دینے والی مرغی کو ایک بار ہی ذبح کرنا چاہتے ہیں

Absolutely Right. You hit bull's eye.
The main problem with Pakistani Exporters is that they give low importance to world market.
I have observed it on a very small scale, but it gives an insight into their mental approach.
I have a friend running Sports Shop in KSA. Each of his order is a headache. Delivery vs. Order is awfully pathetic and cumbersome. For example, delivery of ordered Items is not complete, required brand items are replaced by a low brand, or by those which are unsold or not in demand locally - (assuming they will not be returned due to heavy courier/cargo cost), timelines are not met and a lot of documentation required by the govt.
Our businessmen need to take exports seriously. Coming back to garments,
Indian and Bangleshi garments stand nowhere as compared to Pakistani garment in terms of quality, color schemes, and fabric. Still we find no Pakistani products in KSA even. Its really sad.

liuali

MPA (400+ posts)
Correct! Most of the US superstores like Macys JCPenney Kohls have abundant made in india/bangladesh/Indonesia/vietnam apparels and it will be hard for pakistani manufacturers to penetrate market here.

I was browsing JCPenney app when saw some made in Pakistan Tshirts. Bought 5 immediately and infact wearing one right now.

When I visited Australia in 2008, most cheap super stores like Kmart, Target etc were full of Pakistani cloths and other items but now a days only Bangladeshi, Indian and Chinese items are visible.

Citizen X

President (40k+ posts)
A lot of the garments produced in Bangladesh are actually made by Pakistani owned businessmen who left Pakistan to set up business elsewhere due to massive load shedding during the last 10 years.

khipk

Senator (1k+ posts)
Correct! Most of the US superstores like Macys JCPenney Kohls have abundant made in india/bangladesh/Indonesia/vietnam apparels and it will be hard for pakistani manufacturers to penetrate market here.

I was browsing JCPenney app when saw some made in Pakistan Tshirts. Bought 5 immediately and infact wearing one right now.
I have not seen any Made in Pakistan dress shirts or cotton pants or children's dresses in the stores here in USA.

Pakistani garment manufacturers need to diversify further and improve the quality and designs of their products
I think uptil 15 years ago Pakistan had a really big share in the Textile industry. But it shifted due to inconsistencies in Pakistan. The buyers will come back as soon as things improve.
Its not hard to get orders if you are consistent, the biggest problem in Pakistani industry is order problems, they dont deliver on time, and alot of merchandise are messed up, like wrong sizes, incomplete sets, and lower number of products than what was ordered. THIS IS A HUGE PROBLEM! I would pay 50 cents more per item, if that would mean that i dont have to physically open each package and verify that its correct. As in other industries in the country, utter unprofessional.

such786

Senator (1k+ posts)
Pakistan garment industry should take advantage of tariff war between China and USA and I have seen product in different chain stores carries towels, LEE T-shirts and socks etc. I remember back in days China was buying raw cotton and processed it and make thread and resell to Pakistan and I think it still does but instead of making inexpensive its own they export raw material to other countries and then import it expensive. So Pakistan need to improve technology to produce inexpensive with high quality and low waste of material and also education system need to be improve skilled educators instead of simple educators.

islamabadi

Minister (2k+ posts)
Dont expect things to change until Overseas Pakistanis take the initiatives and join multinational brands in decision making roles. Right now you see bhartis in every top post in all major world brands and I suspect they intentionally Do not source material and garments from Pakistan. Overseas Pakistanis will have to stop focusing on taxi driving or IT and engineering and instead join major brands. I myself used to work 8 years ago at managerial level for PRIMARK (not in their purchasing dept though) and I hated to see all their clothing line MADE IN Bangladesh ....Bharat. Not 1 item was from Pakistan...If i had been in the purchasing department I woudl have made sure I source some items from Pakistan

khipk

Senator (1k+ posts)
Dont expect things to change until Overseas Pakistanis take the initiatives and join multinational brands in decision making roles. Right now you see bhartis in every top post in all major world brands and I suspect they intentionally Do not source material and garments from Pakistan. Overseas Pakistanis will have to stop focusing on taxi driving or IT and engineering and instead join major brands. I myself used to work 8 years ago at managerial level for PRIMARK (not in their purchasing dept though) and I hated to see all their clothing line MADE IN Bangladesh ....Bharat. Not 1 item was from Pakistan...If i had been in the purchasing department I woudl have made sure I source some items from Pakistan
" Overseas Pakistanis will have to stop focusing on taxi driving or IT and engineering and instead join major brands"
stop focussing on IT and Engineering ? Thats the most idiotic statement I have heard in a while. Indians have their presence mainly in these two fields world wide, and thats how they make their influence, secondly, I am an oversees Pakistani, and if my company came to me for an opinion on doing business with a random Pakistani company, I would advise them against it.! As I said in my previous post, Pakistani companies even the big ones are run with the old Seth mentality. The employees are not loyal to the company brand, and quite frankly they dont care about its reputation, partly because the brand success isnt shared with them, and also its in our culture that we never think of working as a team, and help each other out for the benefit of the team.