If I get Covid ? Prof Dr Javed Iqbal ۔

Citizen X

President (40k+ posts)
Very useful information and 100% correct. My father was sick with fever and nausea and self isolating but he was in very good spirits, specially one day before he was admitted, he was said he was feeling very good, had gone to the balcony to get fresh air and that he would recover and most probably he didn't have covid ( hadnt done the tests yet )

Last I spoke to him was when he was admitted and he said the nurses had told him he was covid 19 positive and that had demoralized him a lot and I could hear that in his voice. I tried to cheer him up as much as possible saying it not a big deal, you will recover in a few days, you are 100% fit and have no preexisting conditions etc etc.

Next day he his condition got worse, was put on a ventilator, never to recover again. Even though his last two tests had come as covid negative but the virus had done its job and damaged his lungs, kidneys and heart to such a level they all failed one after another in quick succession.

SO moral of the story is just follow basic SOP and keep a sensible head on your shoulders. And God Forbid if you get infected keep positive thoughts in your mind and stop looking at covid related news, views and videos, just focus on the positive and look forward to the day you will you recover.

I contracted covid and my mrs and daughter from my father too ( I don't have 100% proof it was covid because I didn't want to take the test because if it came out positive I would be forced to home isolate and I could not afford that as I am the only family member present here right now and needed to make all the funeral arrangements for my father) But I am pretty sure it was covid as instantly all three of us fell sick at the same time.

But Alhamdulilah I did nor my family got any severe symptoms other than fever, nausea and feeling lethargic most of the times. But arranging for my fathers last rites kept me busy and I literally had no time to be sick, a few panadol extra in the morning kept the symptoms away until I returned home in the evening and being tired as hell from the run around fell asleep right away.

So I literally had no time to be sick or to even think about the negative consequences of being sick.