The IMP Directorate General has started work immediately after its launch. The high-tech team of this department has started its task from the identification of high-end properties on sale and rent. For that purpose, it is using mainly the navigation system which has all its focus upon the real estate sector through the top real estate web portals. The FBR and IMP team will also get help from video surveys of new & upcoming real estate projects provided from authentic sources.
This special department will also be responsible for the provision of all sorts of definitions which are somehow related to the following aspects of real estate industry:
- Implied terms and expressions
- The scope
- Operational mechanics
- Procedural parameters
The Directorate General of IMP-IR has the following organizational structure:
- DG IMP:
- Director IMP-IR North:
- Director IMP-IR Central
- Director IMP-IR south
Moreover, the Commissioners BTB Islamabad, Lahore and Karachi would be assigned the additional charges of all the above-mentioned offices. Furthermore, each of the Regional Directorate will also be based at the existing BTB Zones of Lahore, Karachi and Islamabad.
Legal Functions and responsibilities of the Directorate General IMP-IR
In addition to the responsibilities assigned to that special department through section 230F, it shall also act as a specialized agency for FBR on all the matters which are related to the Real Estate/Immoveable properties. Some of these are as follows:
- Open plots
- Constructed properties both Residential, Commercial & Industrial
- Agricultural lands
- Housing Schemes and other such technically similar assets.
- Office Building:
May be this is the most significant feature in terms of properties and real estate which will be carried in the following ways:
Digitalization of all sorts of property mapping. Geo-referencing will also be a part of it based on digitized survey of immovable properties.
It will also be well equipped with Photogrammetric technology. It is a latest method of mapping totally based upon aerial and drone equipped information. It will indirectly help in the following features:
- Input to IR Policy and Operations wings with reference to real estate sector.
- Survey and market analysis of real estate Market Segments.
- Real Estate financing and insurance.
- Tracking of immoveable properties for online marketing purposes.
- Mapping of rented properties
- Tracking operations of foreign based real estate concerns.
- Real Estate metrics to gauge the health of the real estate sector.
- Linkages with provincial Revenue & Excise authorities.
- Development of SOPs.