e-petition for Make Eid & Diwali Public Holidays in UK

simple_and_peacefull

Chief Minister (5k+ posts)
note... i just share e-petition with you all, i received it from a friend.

Created by:
Jon Timmis

Responsible department: Department for Business, Innovation and Skills

I believe that given the number of Muslims and Hindu's in this country it is only fair that we allow them to have the most important days in their faiths recognised in law.

By giving them public/bank holidays for these days we would be going some way to help to recognise the importance of these faiths to many within the country.

https://submissions.epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/53523/signature/new

Last edited:

Raaz

(50k+ posts) بابائے فورم
دیوالی کا ہمارے سے کیا تعلق ہے ؟؟؟

Allah_Ka_Banda

Senator (1k+ posts)
Wish it happens....
but the other side has an argument that if you are so keen to have holidays on Eid & Diwaali.... who is stopping you go back to Pakistan n India n settle there to observe as many holidays as you can the way you like.....

depends how far you can go to sacrifice your material interests for the sake of your religious beliefs....

If you can't sacrifice yourself, how can you expect Gora's to do it for you?

Allah_Ka_Banda

Senator (1k+ posts)
n btw having lived in the UK, Just curious to know which Eid you are talking about.....

There are atleast 2-3 different Eids here as per different Maslaq, factions n sects... every year...

sometimes I feel that most of the problems are with us... within us... by us... for us..

we should first learn to be good humans respecting our fellows' rights... n should have tolerance

simple_and_peacefull

pehle eid mananey ka Aik din tou muqarar kar lo.

دیوالی کا ہمارے سے کیا تعلق ہے ؟؟؟

Wish it happens....
but the other side has an argument that if you are so keen to have holidays on Eid & Diwaali.... who is stopping you go back to Pakistan n India n settle there to observe as many holidays as you can the way you like.....

depends how far you can go to sacrifice your material interests for the sake of your religious beliefs....

for your kind information .. i just share e-petition with you all, i recived it from a friend.

Matchless

MPA (400+ posts)
I do not agree with this e-petition. I will not be signing it. Since I have seen the 'tamasha' of our Molvis in UK every year. There used to be one Eid Holiday at our local schools for all but since last several years, they have seen that we Muslims even not united to decide on one day to celebrate out Eid even in any single town, they have abolished Eid holiday. Now local schools have told children to take day off when they will be celebrating Eid. There are always two or sometime three Eids in London. All mosques have their own way of deciding about the moon sighting. I guess this is all just to divide Muslims and make money by Molvis and Mosque Committees.

I will be willing to sign an e-petition if it is for UK government to form a Committee consisting Muslims from all different sects to decided the day of Eid.

handsome.ebi

Wish it happens.... but the other side has an argument that if you are so keen to have holidays on Eid & Diwaali.... who is stopping you go back to Pakistan n India n settle there to observe as many holidays as you can the way you like..... depends how far you can go to sacrifice your material interests for the sake of your religious beliefs.... If you can't sacrifice yourself, how can you expect Gora's to do it for you?
we expect goras to do this becoz they try to be humen ryt champions, they critisize many muslim countries for the lack of humen ryt conditions, so isnt it their responsibality to apply it to them selves before teaching to others??

Last edited:

Allah_Ka_Banda

Senator (1k+ posts)
we expect goras to do this becoz they try to be humen ryt champions, they critisize many muslim countries for the lack of humen ryt conditions, so isnt it their responsibality to apply it to them selves before teaching to others??

Do you know who are mussali(s) in Pakistan? yes they are people who clean our gutters n sewerage n they mostly belong to a specific religious belief.

And do you think we treat them equally and respectfully or we call them Mussali with disdain and scorn?

Are they made head of state or head of any institutions in Pk?

Have you ever been to Saudi to work? Did you have access to your own passport?

Have you heard of any Pakistani who couldn't attend funeral of their family member in pk cuz their passport was held by their employer in KSA?

Do you know that no employers can hold your passport in the UK?

Do you know that in almost every big institute of Gora, eg Universities, they have allowed prayer halls in building?

Do you know that you can report any gora here for charges on racism if they called you "hey you Paki.." ?

Do you know how many brothers in pk would say this "hey u mussali" or "hey u bengali" n would get away with it without being reported..?

Do u know if u r in KSA n want to complain against a Saudi who has not paid u salary for months, the police (shurta) will do nothing about it ?

Wish you knew that too...... :)

Last edited:

Bret Hawk

Senator (1k+ posts)
Do you know who are mussali(s) in Pakistan? yes they are people who clean our gutters n sewerage n they mostly belong to a specific religious belief.

And do you think we treat them equally and respectfully or we call them Mussali with disdain and scorn?

Are they made head of state or head of any institutions in Pk?

Have you ever been to Saudi to work? Did you have access to your own passport?

Have you heard of any Pakistani who couldn't attend funeral of their family member in pk cuz their passport was held by their employer in KSA?

Do you know that no employers can hold your passport in the UK?

Do you know that in almost every big institute of Gora, eg Universities, they have allowed prayer halls in building?

Do you know that you can report any gora here for charges on racism if they called you "hey you Paki.." ?

Do you know how many brothers in pk would say this "hey u mussali" or "hey u bengali" n would get away with it without being reported..?

Do u know if u r in KSA n want to complain against a Saudi who has not paid u salary for months, the police (shurta) will do nothing about it ?

Wish you knew that too...... :)

I have deep respect for British as well but still have guts to term many of them racists, opportunists and exploiters as well. Muslim and Hindu communities like many others have contributed immensely in the economic, social and political fields of UK for many decades with 3[SUP]rd[/SUP] to 4[SUP]th[/SUP] generations. They do deserve the acknowledgement and mostly do get it from many segments of UK government.

Being a secular state in official terms I think the British government might not consider to declare Eid or Holi as public holidays but still I reckon the adherents of these religions do get the permission to take days off in order to observe their religious days which is though not in contradiction to the professed secular manifesto of UK’s establishment.

Bret Hawk

Senator (1k+ posts)
Wish it happens....

The earth belongs to the humanity along with universe that’s what God has ordained for His fellow Men. Who are you and any other so called lousy patriot to confine humanity in some artificial boundaries? Who were the original inhabitants of this Island which is now termed as UK? Weren’t the dominant Anglo-Saxons along with Jutes come from the mainland Germany to settle in this island?

Celtic and Belgae tribes used to dwell here from the Iron Age, so will you along with the white Anglo-Saxons like to make way for their descendants scattered around in Ireland, France, Italy, Italy and Germany as the original sons of the soil? Try to be rational chum in your responses and don’t claim something which is beyond your apprehension.

The whole Humanity share this natural and beautiful endowment of this world and its all encompassing universe and no one can make exclusive claims on its vast tracts of lands and resources. By the way the whole humanity migrated from African continent to different parts of the world according to the experts would you like to pack up your bags and ready to settle the lands of your great forefathers in order to prove the legitimacy of your legacy and birth?

handsome.ebi

Do you know who are mussali(s) in Pakistan? yes they are people who clean our gutters n sewerage n they mostly belong to a specific religious belief. And do you think we treat them equally and respectfully or we call them Mussali with disdain and scorn? Are they made head of state or head of any institutions in Pk? Have you ever been to Saudi to work? Did you have access to your own passport? Have you heard of any Pakistani who couldn't attend funeral of their family member in pk cuz their passport was held by their employer in KSA? Do you know that no employers can hold your passport in the UK? Do you know that in almost every big institute of Gora, eg Universities, they have allowed prayer halls in building? Do you know that you can report any gora here for charges on racism if they called you "hey you Paki.." ? Do you know how many brothers in pk would say this "hey u mussali" or "hey u bengali" n would get away with it without being reported..? Do u know if u r in KSA n want to complain against a Saudi who has not paid u salary for months, the police (shurta) will do nothing about it ? Wish you knew that too...... :)
i know wht u r saying is true, they must do all this becoz they r champions of humen ryts, we pakis r fondmntlst and terrst how u can expect this form us ? :)))