A gem of an interview from the archives with the great Allama Iqbal's daughter

Dr Adam

Prime Minister (20k+ posts)
I usually don't post these things but loved every bit of this amazing interview by Orya Maqbool Jan with Allama's daughter Muneera Bano and his grandsons

My friend you know what....? You have done a great service by finding and posting this video. At least our younger generations should know who our ASLAF -- Founding Fathers were. How did they struggle ensuring the creation..... by putting their lives on the line, to give them this independent and a wonderful sovereign country called Pakistan. How did they live... what were their habits... and how much effort they had to put in to achieve their goals. 'Yeh hein woh hastiaan jo iss mulk ki ameen hein'. These are the revered people who need to be respected by every Pakistani from the core of their hearts and each and every individual Pakistani, regardless of his/her age, gender, faith and political orientation is under obligation to pass on the same legacy to the generations to follow them. (Not the way that Ghulam Dastgeer Khan f/o Khurram Dastgeer Khan who ridiculed and insulted Mohtarma Fatima Jinnah while electioneering against her).

I have all admiration for Orya Maqbool Jan..... the way he conducted this interview. Since Orya retired as Secretary Archive, Govt of Punjab, he has a good handle on the history and he's a very well read man.

My friend, keep on posting such videos as a public service and public education.
God bless.

bigfoot

Minister (2k+ posts)
My friend you know what....? You have done a great service by finding and posting this video. At least our younger generations should know who our ASLAF -- Founding Fathers were. How did they struggle ensuring the creation..... by putting their lives on the line, to give them this independent and a wonderful sovereign country called Pakistan. How did they live... what were their habits... and how much effort they had to put in to achieve their goals. 'Yeh hein woh hastiaan jo iss mulk ki ameen hein'. These are the revered people who need to be respected by every Pakistani from the core of their hearts and each and every individual Pakistani, regardless of his/her age, gender, faith and political orientation is under obligation to pass on the same legacy to the generations to follow them. (Not the way that Ghulam Dastgeer Khan f/o Khurram Dastgeer Khan who ridiculed and insulted Mohtarma Fatima Jinnah while electioneering against her).

I have all admiration for Orya Maqbool Jan..... the way he conducted this interview. Since Orya retired as Secretary Archive, Govt of Punjab, he has a good handle on the history and he's a very well read man.

My friend, keep on posting such videos as a public service and public education.
God bless.
exclusive from Orya

pcdoc24x7

Minister (2k+ posts)
Thank you Doctor Sahab for your kind words. When I saw the video myself, I thought that it would be a disservice not to share with all patriot Pakistanis at least on this forum. You have spoken from the heart .... We don't really care or give the importance that we should to our true heroes ... the founding fathers of Pakistan. Especially now when you look at how Muslims are treated in a majority Hindu country by racist hindus, I thank Allah for giving us this free country through people like our Quaid-e-Azam, Allama Iqbal, Liaquat Ali Khan, Sir Syed Ahmad and many other known and unknown warriors whose struggle and sacrifices is the sole reason that we can live and breathe in a free country. I will continue to search and share stories of such heroes of our motherland. We are all forever indebted by these heroes who created Pakistan for us.

God bless.

Dr Adam

Prime Minister (20k+ posts)
Thank you Doctor Sahab for your kind words. When I saw the video myself, I thought that it would be a disservice not to share with all patriot Pakistanis at least on this forum. You have spoken from the heart .... We don't really care or give the importance that we should to our true heroes ... the founding fathers of Pakistan. Especially now when you look at how Muslims are treated in a majority Hindu country by racist hindus, I thank Allah for giving us this free country through people like our Quaid-e-Azam, Allama Iqbal, Liaquat Ali Khan, Sir Syed Ahmad and many other known and unknown warriors whose struggle and sacrifices is the sole reason that we can live and breathe in a free country. I will continue to search and share stories of such heroes of our motherland. We are all forever indebted by these heroes who created Pakistan for us.

Stay tuned for some great videos from me as well.
God bless