Why do I think Pakistan will do better than India in the coming years

Star Gazer

Chief Minister (5k+ posts)
For the past many years I have believed that Pakistan has better prospects than india for so many reasons, though I was not able to put my thoughts in words to formulate arguments. I am attempting a simple presentation of my thoughts. Please feel free to add and give your inputs. Will be appreciated much.

A general back ground is that Pakistan at it's birth was deprived of it's due share in finances, in assets and arsenal by India. All the areas included in Pakistan were extremely underdeveloped. On the other hand India used not only it's own share but also Pakistan's share.

Accepted that Pakistan could have done much much better, we have made blunders and payed catastrophic price with life and finances. Given this I would draw attention to the fact,this is without taking anything away from the hardworking people of india. Despite india's apparent success in all spheres of life there is a huge vacuum, myriad problems which have been brushed under the carpet, problems have been ignored by the world to allow india the space and time to try to achieve a status of power and success. Pakistan on the other hand been grilled, maligned, back stabbed, pulled back, ridiculed, used , sanctified, propped puppets to appease outsiders and crush citizens.

What has this done on a macro level to the mindset of the populations? Please bear in mind this is my analysis of future scenarios and NOT a reality YET.

Pakistanis have learned that we probably do not have friends in this world and the governments are not ours, or here to serve us, but serve some others. This has lead to hardship training, innovation, resourcefulness and learning to trust themselves. We do not get credit even for the sacrifices and accomplishments we have achieved, this breeds anger and declining dependence. Agreed we have far to go and do not have beacons of shimmering success stories, but the process has started.
Current image of Pakistan is not the real image it is an illusion, a facade, a fabrication. Pakistan's true image is so much better than the created one and it can not remain hidden for ever from the eyes of the whole world and one day when this happens it will be pleasant surprise for us all.

For india on the other hand the success is hyped and exaggerated, making them believe it is theirs to claim. Of course they have done well, no denying that one, but take note of the fact that majority of india feels left out. This face of india is not it's real face which is waiting in the shadows, unfortunately people hide, appear or pretend to be unaware of this and when one day the hungry faces open their mouths it will be an avalanche of misery, the world will be shocked. This includes, hunger of food, social deprivation, marginalized populations, and inherent caste system problems.
In my opinion indian public is not prepared for this revelation because they are too busy celebrating the face the world has created for india. Current image of india is not the true image of india, current image is a facade, a fabrication, an illusion and every one likes pretty illusions and illusions don't last for ever.

Last edited by a moderator:

AbuDujana

Banned
[h=2]Pakistan will do better than India :lol:[/h]
Ab shikast khurda Qooom Parastoon ki zindagi ka yehi maqsaad rah gia,better then india better then India.

Aik lamhay ka liyeh yeh maan bhi lliyeh jaay ka BETTER THEN INDIA ho bhi gia too is say kia KASHMIR AZAAD karwaya jaa sakay ga k nahi ?

Muqadas

Pakistan will do better than India :lol:

Ab shikast khurda Qooom Parastoon ki zindagi ka yehi maqsaad rah gia,better then india better then India.

Aik lamhay ka liyeh yeh maan bhi lliyeh jaay ka BETTER THEN INDIA ho bhi gia too is say kia KASHMIR AZAAD karwaya jaa sakay ga k nahi ?

Aap wohi England kay ISIS recruiter, KhanHariPur hain na?

Riemn

MPA (400+ posts)
Pak has good future provided, and last 12 years of Talban has wasted time of Pak and damage extremly high(and put Pak in Iraq and Afghan category , The perception and image is most imp in World to secure foreign investment , India has made its soft image by bollywood and Yoga and IITs ) , Talbian damage is irecoverable as in 12 years one generation grown up . However as soon as PAk over come the Religious extremism. Is there religion extremism (Like Talbian and MQM style Karachi policing) exist in Pak? Soon we shut down all the madrass better is that . , need better government in Sindh , right now Target killer MQM and corrupt Zaradi are sign of bleak future , In Punjab need to end the 30 years long rule of Sharif family (30 years is long time to check one capabality) , Sharaif family has eraned almost 12 billion dollar in these 30 years ... ............. Pak need to buy Iran gas rather to Qatar LNG , Saudi agent the Sharif family is against Iran Pak gas pipe line. .............. Sharif PM is also hate Pakistani youth as he thought , youth is with PTI , therefore He did not build any grounds and uni in last 8 years.

Star Gazer

Pakistan will do better than India :lol:

I think you have missed the point or too busy being sarcastic. Nevertheless your post reveals how you think. Thank you any ways.

Vitamin_C

We might do better than India but Pakistan will remain a third world country for at-least the next hundred years. It seems we are morally and culturally inferior to most other countries.
Scandinavian countries, Aus/NZ, Germany/France will be the most advanced countries. But UK/USA would be trailing behind them. African countries are going to get much richer than South Asia. South Asia will become the poorest region of the world followed by middle eastern countries who do not have oil wealth.

PIND-WALA

yes i agree to the point that Pakistan is more battle hardened and will fare better but there are so many variables and so many fronts where lot more work is needed .
India still has edge as they have been able to access lot more western tehnology and ideas . in addition they have been to place so many Indians on many key posts of many multinational companies and that will continue to provide benefits.

desan

President (40k+ posts)
As an eternal optimist, tend to agree with you...

Pakistan has a great potential and that prospect was on display in the 60s and 70s.

Unfortunately, we were sidetracked thanks to Zia's intervention and from there onwards we had one setback after the other.

Recent developments, especially with the emergence of a highly viable alternative away from the dynastic mafia appear to be a harbinger of unparalleled optimism.

Next few years, especially next elections will be crucial in determining the fate of this country.

Last edited:

Typhoon

Senator (1k+ posts)
Bharti ghuspithye aisi posts ke jawab mein bark nahi kareinge to aur kya karein ge lolz
Well written Star Gaze.

farooqak

Minister (2k+ posts)
I don't know if Pakistan has a good future or not, but surely the potential has no limits

There is talk of the 'economic corridor'. Only time will tell who all this will benefit and whether it is reality or just a mirage. The people are resilient and definitely tougher than the common Indian who is filled with ignorance from head to tail.

What we need is electricity 24 hours all over the country. if government can provide this which itself is a miracle, then I think the people can stand on their feet again with all the export production.

Altaf Lutfi

جب کسی ملک کے کسان قرضوں کے بوجھ تلے دب کر خود کشیاں کرنے لگیں تو یہ بدقسمتی کی انتہا ہوتی ھے، ھمیشہ کی طرح اس سال پھر انڈیا سے برُی خبریں آنا شروع ھو گۂی ھیں

jee_nee_us

One of the most delusional threads.

Pakistan will only decline and its only the matter of whether india will decline more than us?

Renegade

MPA (400+ posts)
Pakistan will definitely improve. I personally believe one point we all should focus on is that we have to tone down the love for religion. People like the late Lee Kuan Yew actually didn't liked Islam because he thought the followers just get too obsessed with hereafter and doesn't care much about this life. Singapore once was a very poor Island and was kicked out by Malaysia, a country nearly 500 times bigger, in 1965; but today, their GDP is more or less the same. We have to go the Singapore way, efficient and effective and not get bogged down due of religious or racial lines.

I think it's incorrect to say that we don't have any friends, China and Turkey are good friends but I won't go beyond them.

Star Gazer

One of the most delusional threads.

Pakistan will only decline and its only the matter of whether india will decline more than us?

I think we should stop making prophecies and start to present arguments. I have tried to make some future projections based on observations. I could be inaccurate, hope Not though!

Star Gazer

Pakistan will definitely improve. I personally believe one point we all should focus on is that we have to tone down the love for religion. People like the late Lee Kuan Yew actually didn't liked Islam because he thought the followers just get too obsessed with hereafter and doesn't care much about this life. Singapore once was a very poor Island and was kicked out by Malaysia, a country nearly 500 times bigger, in 1965; but today, their GDP is more or less the same. We have to go the Singapore way, efficient and effective and not get bogged down due of religious or racial lines.

I think it's incorrect to say that we don't have any friends, China and Turkey are good friends but I won't go beyond them.

Let's be factual here.
How many wars have been started by States of Islam? None I think. Crusades were the last ones and 2 of them were started by Christians.
WWI & WWII for political reasons, all the wars US has been involved in which are more than 50 since it's creation were for political reasons, European wars for political reasons, Iraq Iran war was political in nature.
The current ISIS and whatever crap they call themselves are NOT states but rogue elements. So just because a successfull man is ignorant or does not have more than propaganda information & superficial knowledge of something is not an argument for any one.

jee_nee_us

I think we should stop making prophecies and start to present arguments. I have tried to make some future projections based on observations. I could be inaccurate, hope Not though!

It is more a hypothesis than observations. I am all for patriotism and optimism as long as it does not push towards a delusional all good dream world.

We should not be competing india by the way , their system and progress is far from good. India might be trying to show their shining bright face to the world but the truth of the matter is that their progress is only for the higher middle class and high class , the gulf between higher middle and lower middle class is widening and so is the bandwidth of lower middle class and low class.

Afarad se banti he aqwam ki taqdeer
Her ferd he millat ke muqaddar ka sitara

Lets talk about pakistan now. There is no dearth of talent in pakistan and we witness it every other day when see a student tops some foreign exam. Our doctors are well reputed abroad and scientists (though are relatively far behind) arent too bad either given they have to through this system. But most of our bright talent flee the country seeing little or no hope of a future. In a country where the broader vision is supposed to be making roads from one part of the country to the other I cant see anything better happening even in the next 29 years. Where are the pillars of progress and where are the pillars of harmony? We have yellow cab schemes for the BA pass and instead of enabling the people we are disabling them further with benazir income schemes where they kill their self esteem to get 2000 rs a month?

For real progress we have to enable our people to indulge in the progress of the country , first and foremost definitely is justice system. Injustice results in disharmony and violence and until we find a solution to our morally bankrupt and ineffective court systems we cant ever be amongst the top nations in the world. Forget about the cosmetics which is what the world sees ,lets cure our real diseases and the dirty and stinky society we live in. I dont care if our stock exchange touches the sky... the benchmark will always be the people who are living under the poverty line.