Who was the better captain, Imran Khan or Misbah Ul Haq?here are the statistics of both the captains

Zamaray Khan

Chief Minister (5k+ posts)
No comparison .Comparing Imran to Misbah is an insult of cricket. Misbah can not be 5 percent of Imran .

Rest bla bla kiye Jaa

No comparison .Comparing Imran to Misbah is an insult of cricket. Misbah can not be 5 percent of Imran .

Rest bla bla kiye Jaa

bus bhai 5%............. kia ho gaya hai ... imran ki muhabbat main itnay ***** na ho jao..

Misbah has done great and your using words like Insult is an Insult to u not Misbah...

fawad ali

I have all the respect to Misbah but comparing him to Imran Khan will damage Misbahs hard work. Imran Khan was a one time legend and many consider him the Captain of the Greatest ever World 11 team. Misbah on the other hand was limited to Test matches, and during his captaincy in one day matches, we are at the lowest ranking of all time.

Ahud1

اگر گالیاں نہ دو تو
میرے نزدیک مصباح بڑا کھلاڑی ہے عمران خان سے
کیوں کے مصباح اور عمران خان کے زمانے کا فرق ہے
عمران خان نے ایک اچھے وقت میں ایک اچھی ٹیم کی ایک عزت دار ملک کی کپتانی کی تھی

اور مصباح نے برے وقت میں بری ٹیم کی برے حالات میں پاکستان کی قیادت کی

Munawarkhan

اگر گالیاں نہ دو تو
میرے نزدیک مصباح بڑا کھلاڑی ہے عمران خان سے
کیوں کے مصباح اور عمران خان کے زمانے کا فرق ہے
عمران خان نے ایک اچھے وقت میں ایک اچھی ٹیم کی ایک عزت دار ملک کی کپتانی کی تھی

اور مصباح نے برے وقت میں بری ٹیم کی برے حالات میں پاکستان کی قیادت کی

I don't think the comparison is right. I mean in football people compare Pele & Maradona and nowadays, Messi & Ronaldo. Because these pairs were world beaters and considered GOAT greatest of all time.

I like Misbah and supported him as a captain, but unlike IK, he won't go down in history as GOAT.

Humble

MPA (400+ posts)
It is obvious from the video that there is a clear bias in reflecting Misbah to be a better captain. In my opinion, most people would include IK in all time world eleven whereas Misbah can't even qualify for all time Pakistan Eleven.
Misbah has destroyed the very brand (aggression) that IK introduced. It will take years for Pakistan to recover from the defeatist mindset which Misbah has inculcated in the team. He is responsible for destroying Pakistan ODI team too.

Munawarkhan

It is obvious from the video that there is a clear bias in reflecting Misbah to be a better captain. In my opinion, most people would include IK in all time world eleven whereas Misbah can't even qualify for all time Pakistan Eleven.
Misbah has destroyed the very brand (aggression) that IK introduced. It will take years for Pakistan to recover from the defeatist mindset which Misbah has inculcated in the team. He is responsible for destroying Pakistan ODI team too.

The numbers speak otherwise. Pakistan team has averaged more runs in Misbah's tenure, compared to the period 10 yrs before him and won more tournaments.

--------------------

Humble

MPA (400+ posts)

The numbers speak otherwise. Pakistan team has averaged more runs in Misbah's tenure, compared to the period 10 yrs before him and won more tournaments.

--------------------
Please elaborate your point and substantiate it with evidence. By the way numbers/stats alone do not mean anything unless one has the eye to analyze them.

Munawarkhan

Please elaborate your point and substantiate it with evidence. By the way numbers/stats alone do not mean anything unless one has the eye to analyze them.

I think this link will help

Pakistan had six Test captains in the six years before Misbah-ul-Haq took over. He gave the team stability and his numbers are indicative of his success

254191.jpg

Again I'm not saying he is the greatest of all time. But I also don't agree that he destroyed the team and defeatist attitude.

The ultimate test is how far the team can go without their captain, IK's is clear, where players like Javed, Inzi, Waseem, Waqar etc. ruled the world. The world needs to wait for Misbah.

karachiwala

Prime Minister (20k+ posts)
Imran was a great captain no doubt but hell why are people becoming crazy on that fact? Misbah has done what Imran did not do. Imran was playing in Pakistan and had people like Imran, Waseem, Waqar and numerous others while Misbah had Younus but little else. please stop worshiping Imran, he is man and leave him as such.

Humble

MPA (400+ posts)

I think this link will help

Pakistan had six Test captains in the six years before Misbah-ul-Haq took over. He gave the team stability and his numbers are indicative of his success

254191.jpg

Again I'm not saying he is the greatest of all time. But I also don't agree that he destroyed the team and defeatist attitude.

The ultimate test is how far the team can go without their captain, IK's is clear, where players like Javed, Inzi, Waseem, Waqar etc. ruled the world. The world needs to wait for Misbah.

Again you have taken a subset of numbers which highlight Misbah's greatness. Let me give you a subset of numbers:

Which Pakistani Captain has lost the most matches? (19 Misbah)?
Which Pakistani Captain has suffered two whitewashes (South Africa & Australia) and yet retained as captain (Misbah)
Which Pakistani Captain has lost to Zimbabwe (Misbah).

Misbah has been lucky to have been retained as Captain without having to face the politics unlike all previous captains.

Besides his numbers are blown up courtesy to many wins brought through butta bowlers (Saeed and Hafeez) in UAE.

Munawarkhan

Again you have taken a subset of numbers which highlight Misbah's greatness. Let me give you a subset of numbers:

Which Pakistani Captain has lost the most matches? (19 Misbah)?
Which Pakistani Captain has suffered two whitewashes (South Africa & Australia) and yet retained as captain (Misbah)
Which Pakistani Captain has lost to Zimbabwe (Misbah).

Misbah has been lucky to have been retained as Captain without having to face the politics unlike all previous captains.

Besides his numbers are blown up courtesy to many wins brought through butta bowlers (Saeed and Hafeez) in UAE.

As I said buddy, I don't think he is the greatest captain. But unlike you, my opinion is that he was not he worst captain, nor did he destroy the team.

taban

دونوں اپنے اپنے زمانے کے بہترین کپتان تهے دونوں پاکستانی هیں

back to the future

Misbah in the present circumstances is best test cricket captain.He brought stability to pakistan cricket.

Whereas IK is the greatest of all time.Against all odd when there was no restriction on bouncers and west indies was a fearful team.He faced all the great teams and won one day world cup with a mediocre team.Before him pakistan team included members like zaheer Abbas intekhaab Alam sadiq and mushtaq muhammad all county players.Despite inclusion of these players Pakistan team performance was pathetic.

He groomed wasim Waqar in Zaman and others who became great players later on.Abdul Qadir mushtaq muhammad were the spinners introduced by him.There is no comparison Misbah did bring an element of stability in the team and is the best captain available.

Last edited:

Humble

MPA (400+ posts)
As I said buddy, I don't think he is the greatest captain. But unlike you, my opinion is that he was not he worst captain, nor did he destroy the team.

I never said that he is the worst captain, not sure where you got that from? I do however believe that he destroyed the aggressive brand of cricket which IK brought to the team. Currently, Pakistan is playing like the Indian team of 80s whereas Indian team has changed it's approach and playing agressive cricket.

khansaab1

Citizen
comparison banti nhi.ap achievements k dekh le.wasim or waqar all the time legends.pakistani test main white wash bi nhi hua or mishab k sath bht time hua hai.. imran was bowler as well