Who and where are the Kurds ?

Qalandar

Chief Minister (5k+ posts)
Up to 30 million Kurds, who are mostly Sunni Muslims, do not have an official country or homeland.After the collapse of the Ottoman Empire nearly a century ago, Kurds dispersed into mostly four nations (Turkey, Iraq, Syria and Iran). They have pursued autonomy or independence.

In each of the four nations, Kurds have had years of unstable relationships with governments.In 1992, the Kurdistan Regional Government (KRG) was formed by the Kurdistan National Assembly, the first democratically elected parliament in Kurdistan (and in Iraq).

The KRG, which is a secular government, is modeled along the lines of a modern independent nation-state in a federation with the rest of Iraq.Today at least 5.2 million people live in Iraqi Kurdistan, according to the KRG.

The government has its own parliament, military (the Peshmerga), borders and foreign policy.According to the CIA factbook, Kurds make up about 10 percent of the population in Syria, 19 percent of the population of Turkey, 15-20 percent of the population of Iraq, and nearly 10 percent of Iran.The infographic below shows where the Kurds live and who the major Kurdish factions are in the region.

688d674c860842bc85f9ac2819089d4c_6.png

http://www.aljazeera.com/indepth/interactive/2017/05/kurds-170522122738085.html
688d674c860842bc85f9ac2819089d4c_7.png

Last edited by a moderator:

atensari

(50k+ posts) بابائے فورم
اردو بولنے والے ملک بھر میں جا بجا پھیلے ہوئے ہیں کیونکہ نا کراچی اور مضافات کو صوبہ "اردو" یا "لشکرستان" بنا کر انھے بھی سرکاری صوبے کا حق دے دیا جائے

Abdullah9

Senator (1k+ posts)
اردو بولنے والے ملک بھر میں جا بجا پھیلے ہوئے ہیں کیونکہ نا کراچی اور مضافات کو صوبہ "اردو" یا "لشکرستان" بنا کر انھے بھی سرکاری صوبے کا حق دے دیا جائے

dukhti rag par haath rakhna zaroori hai kya mere bhai? hehe

Qalandar

dukhti rag par haath rakhna zaroori hai kya mere bhai? hehe

For a movement of any sort there should be a group/organisation/party and a person leading it. If you have a legitimate one let me know and I'll vote for it I promise.

Qalandar

For a movement of any sort there should be a group/organisation/party and a person leading it. If you have a legitimate one let me know and I'll vote for it I promise.

By the way, this sort of movement needs hardwork and struggle rather than running away like cowards. No one can stop the formation of Saraikistan. due to this very reason.

atensari

(50k+ posts) بابائے فورم
پہلی باری کی ساتھی ایم کیو ایم کو بھول گئے

atensari

(50k+ posts) بابائے فورم
What happened then ? Go ahead ?

پی پی وفاق میں حکومت نا بنا سکی

پورے کرنے کے بعد سرائیکستان ضرور بنا دینا "group/organisation/party and a person leading it" اس باری تمام مطالبے

Qalandar

پہلی باری کی ساتھی ایم کیو ایم کو بھول گئے

What happened then ? Go ahead ?

پی پی وفاق میں حکومت نا بنا سکی

پورے کرنے کے بعد سرائیکستان ضرور بنا دینا "group/organisation/party and a person leading it" اس باری تمام مطالبے

This is the reply I got when I asked a simple question about MQM.

atensari

(50k+ posts) بابائے فورم
This is the reply I got when I asked a simple question about MQM.
سرائیکوں کا حق ہے تو اردو بولنے والوں کا بھی ہے. ویسے بھی نیکی کا آغاز گھر سے کرنا چاہے. ایم کیو ایم. پی پی کی دکھ سکھ کی ساتھی ہے

Qalandar

By the way, this sort of movement needs hardwork and struggle rather than running away like cowards. No one can stop the formation of Saraikistan. due to this very reason.

سرائیکوں کا حق ہے تو اردو بولنے والوں کا بھی ہے. ویسے بھی نیکی کا آغاز گھر سے کرنا چاہے. ایم کیو ایم. پی پی کی دکھ سکھ کی ساتھی ہے

Going in circles rather than having any actual weight in arguments. BTW why did Quaid-e-Azam refuse to recognise Israel ?

Dawood Magsi

Minister (2k+ posts)
Pakistan should have atleast 40 provinces. And I dont think anyone will object, but we need a leadership to even think about this, the ore you devolve power the more people will benefit

atensari

(50k+ posts) بابائے فورم
Now pretending to be clueless. This does happen when logic fails.
سرائیکستان کے مطالبے کو اپنی ہی گھری منطق کے مطابق سرانجام پہنچا کر اردوستان کے مطالبے کو تقویت پہچانا نہیں بھولنا

Qalandar

سرائیکستان کے مطالبے کو اپنی ہی گھری منطق کے مطابق سرانجام پہنچا کر اردوستان کے مطالبے کو تقویت پہچانا نہیں بھولنا

Don't you worry that ain't happening because Karachi is inhabitated by Sindhis from ancient times and Saraikistan is inhabitated by Saraikis from ancient times too. Your pseudo-logic fails again as usual.

atensari

(50k+ posts) بابائے فورم
Don't you worry that ain't happening because Karachi is inhabitated by Sindhis from ancient times and Saraikistan is inhabitated by Saraikis from ancient times too. Your pseudo-logic fails again as usual.
سائیں، سرائیکستان نامی کوئی جغرافیائی حد کسی مستند نقشے پر موجود نہیں ہے

Qalandar

جیسی بھی منطق ہے، اردو بولنے والوں کے کام آئے گی

Going in circles again.