Wealthy Arabs arriving early in London

hans

Banned
640x392_98118_146227.jpg

By CARINA KAMEL
Al Arabiya

LONDON—It’s not usually until summer is in full swing that wealthy Arabs descend upon London, but this year, along with the unusually warm weather, the rich have come early. As the Arab spring sweeps across the region, Middle Easterners seeking refuge for their cash are snapping up million-pound properties in the British capital.

From early reports that Gamal Mubarak, a son of former Egyptian president Hosni Mubarak, was hiding out in his Knightsbridge townhouse during Tahrir Square protests, to squatters taking over Saif Al Qaddafi’s Hampstead mansion, London and its prime properties have figured in the Arab uprisings.

But it is not just sons of autocrats who see London as a haven. Arabs with money to spare believe a London home–in prestigious neighborhoods in Knightsbridge, Mayfair or Belgravia—is the safest investment for their cash. And a recent report by upmarket estate agents Savills says prime London property is seen as a gold standard asset.

“In the same way gold is a hedge against inflation, a safe haven for wealth, central London property is seen in the same way,” said Yolande Barnes, Director of Research at Savills. “Somebody buying here can be sure their investment is safe.”

Another high-end property company, Knight Frank, noticed a surge in interest from the Middle East in the wake of political instability in the region.

“The turmoil in the Middle East and North Africa has had an impact in terms of driving demand into London,” Liam Bailey, head of research at Knight Frank told Al Arabiya. Mr. Bailey said the biggest impact thus far was Middle East buyers coming to the market earlier than usual this year, bringing forward the traditional Arab-buying season by almost two months.

Arabs and other foreign buyers make up about 75 percent of purchases in the premier segment of the market, which includes properties starting at least at 10 million (the equivalent of $16.5 million). And in the face of limited supply all this foreign demand is driving prices up in the capital.

The latest report from Rightmove, the UK’s biggest property Website, showed asking prices in London reached their highest ever in April and prices in central locations are up 8 percent so far this year. This is particularly striking given that prices elsewhere in the UK remain stagnant.

And as regional instability continues, London is seen as a no brainer for Arab investors: it combines the benefits of a political safe haven with a global financial center and favorable tax conditions. The pound’s relative weakness against the Euro, the pullback in house prices in 2010, and a desire to hedge against inflation, all add to the appeal.

Many buyers make their purchases sight unseen, agents said.

That was the case for Samuel Bikhit, a British-Egyptian agent who sold three properties the week after former Egyptian president Hosni Mubarak stepped down. Egyptian businessmen working in the industrial, textile and food industries bought properties for prices ranging from 3.5 million ($5.8 million) to 5 million ($8.28 million). Mr. Bikhit, Chairman of Kay and Co estate agents, confirmed that at least one of the sales went through without a viewing.

“Nobody loses money in London,” he said, explaining how a one-bedroom apartment in the 1980s would have sold for about 75,000 ($124,300) but now averages around 400,000 ($662,993). “In 30, years we have seen prices go up by several multiples. This is a small example of how you can’t lose money, especially in central London. It is money well invested,” he said.

By chance, Mr. Bikhit happened to be in Cairo during Tahrir protests and was approached by many Egyptians. They were unsure how the political situation would pan out, and they were keen to put their money in London. He has clients from around the Middle East and is planning a trip to the region where he plans to market some his prime properties to wealthy Gulf nationals.

Another agent, Camilla Dell of Black Brick Property Solutions, said enquiries from the Middle East have doubled since the beginning of this year and that she is seeing interest from a wider range of countries.

“We have always had a strong client base from Egypt, the UAE, Saudi and Lebanon,” Ms. Dell said. “However, since the crises we have noticed an increased diversity and we now have clients from Iraq, Yemen, Jordan and Bahrain.” Black Brick is currently seeking properties worth a total of more than 20 million ($33.1 million) on behalf of Arab clients.

(Carina Kamel is a correspondent in Al Arabiya’s London bureau. She can be reached at [email protected]. Lucy Stuart, also of Al Arabiya in London, contributed to this report. She can be reached at: [email protected])

Tell me please How do a given set of Arabs get to be so rich, while there home country burn ????
A clue for you guys.... Those Arab that are filthy rich.. there Grand Fathers were British Queen Balls licker.
Get my point!

Last edited:

hans

Banned
Arn't you the same one who pretends Cow fly...or trying to influence reader that COW can fly. !!!! So Indian.... !!!!

Now would you show me my post where I said what you type. In the fusion of your Heresy you forgot that spitting into head wind only wet one's own face.

You have the right to cry now... loudly if your loving Cow and Dolphins allow.

Smile..!!!!

As for me coming out and confessing my Creed and Breed.... and my religion...
Read each and every post that I have on Siasat .. and you will know I fear Fire Breathing Taliban. and Brother they will be happy to pry my underpants for fun. So I am content and Happy to launch my Free Speech as I wish.... Sorry if you cant sleep well... I know you have bad dreams ..., see my picture.. Dam it man I am so ugly, yet so Beautiful inside. Hug me.

Arn't you the same idiot who liked Terex post in where he wished India to rule over Pakistan.
You B...., Mole, pretending to be Muslim..

Why don't you come out with true face and religion and have a debate....

Last edited:

Night-Hawk

Senator (1k+ posts)
Arn't you the same one who pretends Cow fly...or trying to influence reader that COW can fly. !!!! So Indian.... !!!!

Now would you show me my post where I said what you type. In the fusion of your Heresy you forgot that spitting into head wind only wet one's own face.

Smile..!!!!

Read each and every post that I have on Siasat .. and you will know I fear Fire Breathing Taliban. and Brother they will be happy to pry my underpants for fun. So I am content and Happy to launch my Free Speech as I wish.... Sorry if you cant sleep well... I know you have bad dreams ..., see my picture.. Dam it man I am so ugly, yet so Beautiful inside. Hug me.

Here is pictorial evidence

mole1.jpg

Following is the link of the actual post.

http://www.siasat.pk/forum/showthre...odwill-gesture&p=381673&viewfull=1#post381673

Following is the link of my response in that thread ;

http://www.siasat.pk/forum/showthre...odwill-gesture&p=381991&viewfull=1#post381991

Last edited:

GeoG

Chief Minister (5k+ posts)

Smile..!!!!

Ref: Re: Wealthy Arabs arriving early in London

Read My POST ....

I know you are not happy.. but thats how life is.
Why don't you get me banned on siasat.pk ?

Try!!!!​

Firstly stick to the main forum
No F... Private messages from you, I have told you that before,
whatever you have to say, say on the forum

Night-Hawk Brother has given you the evidence
Deny that and deny using Israeli Flag too..

hans

Banned
Picture Show Member called Terex.. and I am Hans
Are you guys Blind or what?

May be the Cow is related to Terex....? As for like and dislike... its a notion or gesture or wink or node....
YOu can not take this human gesture as a standing legel guidance for prosecution. If some one makes a stupid remark and I smile even if he is a Mullah ... that act cant be pulled against me. As I have not commited any crimes, its a gesture.

Meaning and defination of Gesture
A gesture is a form of non-verbal communication in which visible bodily actions communicate particular messages, either in place of speech or together and in parallel with spoken words

Make this clear, If one throw a stupid remarks on any one and they reply comes back, and stupidity gets highlighted, gesture endorse no commitment or agreement. Grow up and lean some English.... for a change...

Get my point blind dolphins... as for Night Hawk.. try changing your Night vision.. you look pretty blind to me.
So the Pictorial Evidence is eaten by the Cow while Hawk is declared a endangered species as it cant Judge or see.

Night Hawk, request you to resign and give me your post.

On the personal note.. I am very sorry. But you guys keep hitting me.. the more you do the better I come out and as I said before I love eating little babies... just for fun.

mole1.jpg

http://www.siasat.pk/forum/showthre...odwill-gesture&p=381673&viewfull=1#post381673

http://www.siasat.pk/forum/showthre...odwill-gesture&p=381991&viewfull=1#post381991

Last edited:

Night-Hawk

Senator (1k+ posts)

May be the Cow is related to Terex....? As for like and dislike... its a notion or gesture or wink or node....
YOu can not take this human gesture as a standing legel guidance for prosecution. If some one makes a stupid remark and I smile even if he is a Mullah ... that act cant be pulled against me. As I have not commited any crimes, its a gesture.

A gesture is a form of non-verbal communication in which visible bodily actions communicate particular messages, either in place of speech or together and in parallel with spoken words

Make this clear, If one throw a stupid remarks on any one and they reply comes back, and stupidity gets highlighted, gesture endorse no commitment or agreement. Grow up and lean some English.... for a change...

Get my point blind dolphins... as for Night Hawk.. try changing your Night vision.. you look pretty blind to me.
So the Pictorial Evidence is eaten by the Cow while Hawk is declared a endangered species as it cant Judge or see.

On the personal note.. I am very sorry. But you guys keep hitting me.. the more you do the better I come out and as I said before I love eating little babies... just for fun.

Try to focus on red rectangle Mr Blind ! :)

GeoG

Chief Minister (5k+ posts)

hans

user-offline.png

Intermediate
3.png
spacer.gif
Zimbabwe.GIF
Join DateApr 2009Last OnlineToday @ 08:58 PMLocationMoonPosts754Post Thanks / Like Likes (Given)4Likes (Received)29Dislikes (Given)0Dislikes (Received)5

from Mole ..... how stupid can you go ...?????

On the personal note.. I am very sorry. But you guys keep hitting me.. the more you do the better I come out and as I said before I love eating little babies... just for fun.​

Stay on the forum you AH
I told you time and again no Private Messages from you idiot...
Can't you understand...

Wadaich

Prime Minister (20k+ posts)
Please look into the mirror Mr. Hans Sunni Muslim with hexagonal David Star (clap) as shown by Brother Night_Hawk, But it takes little bit of sharam to be ashamed of. Where should you hide your illuminated tale Mr. Mole as called by Brother Night_Hawk. Satanlets cannot hide themselves. Aimaan is after them like a shooting star. However, enjoy!!!!!!!!!!!

Our dear "sunni" "pakistani" member ---- hans ---- exposed again (clap)(clap)

mole1.jpg

This was preceded by many disinformation articles ; however prior to becoming Pakistani this was his country flag

attachment.php

Dear hans ! I must appreciate your stubbornness, but let me tell you that I enjoy following moles with illuminated tails. ;)

hans

Banned

Boss,

Are you getting what I said or deliberately trying to waste my time...

It seems that Cow and Hawk trying to play some kind of kiddy game or what?

Let me rephrase my wording if my last reply was not to your intellect.

There is a small difference between Post and “like/ dislikes”… “Like /dislike” option is a Gesture. Not a POST! Remember when you class teacher beat the crap out of you guys for not bringing in your Homework… what you did… nod your head in agreement that you in future shall abide by his or her order…. Same over here but in a very friendly way.

The post you are arguing about …it self very stupid… so if I agree to word slapping.. it means that I agree to Trex on his word slapping. Oh! whats so wrong about word slapping… don’t tell me that now I am Gunahon Ka Devta based on a Gesture.

Here is an example for you guys to better understand my views…There are other post where I have been a stiff opponent of Altaf Husssain that does not make me a Punjabi huger, or a H-MQM member….. I voted for MQM Altaf group, so what’s so wrong about it.. I don’t like ALtaf Hussian. But that does not make me a better Pakistani / Indian RAW Agent, or Anti Christ.

Do not accuse me for what I am not…
You are a better Muslim then me? let Allah (SWT) be the judge as for better Pakistani …. Can’t say much but one time or another some where between 50 to 400 Pakistani trust me with there lives every day… when I am at work.

Trust me, for what I am.. If you were to read my post you will sure find a trend that On a personal note I have never accused any siasat member of its Caste Creed or religion. It has been only members that even stooped so low as to bring in my Sister/Daughter my family my religion and my opinion into the fringes of undignified fame.

Get my point, Small head Night Hawk and ever flying Cow!

If any one of you would like to say sorry... kindly go ahead....

p.s.
Ask your self why am I been bashed?

Reason, I am Anti Wahhabi, Anti Taliban, Anti Saudi Arabia or any Government that chose to govern there locals based on Fear and limitless debaucheries.

Last edited:

Jack Sparrow

Minister (2k+ posts)
Boss,

Are you getting what I said or deliberately trying to waste my time...

It seems that Cow and Hawk trying to play some kind of kiddy game or what?

Let me rephrase my wording if my last reply was not to your intellect.

There is a small difference between Post and “like/ dislikes”… “Like /dislike” option is a Gesture. Not a POST! Remember when you class teacher beat the crap out of you guys for not bringing in your Homework… what you did… nod your head in agreement that you in future shall abide by his or her order…. Same over here but in a very friendly way.

The post you are arguing about …it self very stupid… so if I agree to word slapping.. it means that I agree to Trex on his word slapping. Oh! whats so wrong about word slapping… don’t tell me that now I am Gunahon Ka Devta based on a Gesture.

Here is an example for you guys to better understand my views…There are other post where I have been a stiff opponent of Altaf Husssain that does not make me a Punjabi huger, or a H-MQM member….. I voted for MQM Altaf group, so what’s so wrong about it.. I don’t like ALtaf Hussian. But that does not make me a better Pakistani / Indian RAW Agent, or Anti Christ.

Do not accuse me for what I am not…
You are a better Muslim then me? let Allah (SWT) be the judge as for better Pakistani …. Can’t say much but one time or another some where between 50 to 400 Pakistani trust me with there lives every day… when I am at work.

Trust me, for what I am.. If you were to read my post you will sure find a trend that On a personal note I have never accused any siasat member of its Caste Creed or religion. It has been only members that even stooped so low as to bring in my Sister/Daughter my family my religion and my opinion into the fringes of undignified fame.

Get my point, Small head Night Hawk and ever flying Cow!

Hans ! you are a damn funny guy.

gazoomartian

Prime Minister (20k+ posts)

mole1.jpg

good work hawk - nobody can refute a daleel.

many a times Hans' post has been anti Pakistani and pro-Indian. And now the proof that he MAY BE an Israeli agent on board here, is also undeniable.

Proof Is In The Pudding

islamabadi

Minister (2k+ posts)

You will be eating more than little babies if you continue to write against my country....coz I'll your stinking teeth in your mouth

Night-Hawk

Senator (1k+ posts)
Boss,

There is a small difference between Post and like/ dislikes Like /dislike option is a Gesture. Not a POST! Remember when you class teacher beat the crap out of you guys for not bringing in your Homework what you did nod your head in agreement that you in future shall abide by his or her order. Same over here but in a very friendly way.

[/B]Get my point, Small head Night Hawk and ever flying Cow!

p.s.
Ask your self why am I been bashed?

Reason, I am Anti Wahhabi, Anti Taliban, Anti Saudi Arabia or any Government that chose to govern there locals based on Fear and limitless debaucheries.

C'mon come up with solid arguments. Whatever gestures you have shown are your actions speaking louder than your lengthy words and narrations. You are trying to bluff others by beating about the bush.

Pakistanis are like Afghanis in their approach. They fight with each other all the time, but when it comes to enemy they get united and make a firm stand. This is our national trait. In intelligence terms 'mole' is a native agent (often a dissident, minority member or a greedy dollar driven scum) who undertakes foreign agenda of undermining his own brothers. You might be having Pakistani nationality but your soul resides somewhere else.

Your overcareful gestures of saying "we Pakistanis", "we sunnis" are mere optics. And let me tell you, that your tactics are counterproductive. Like Shakespeare said in Hamlet

"The lady doth protest too much"

You insist so passionately on something that it arouses suspicion in readers. And with the same go you start spreading enemy's propaganda. There is a thin line between factual positive criticism and enemy's propaganda and you have crossed it time and again. When signs are evident, your posts are self-explanatory then who needs to waste his time in heeding to your "pro-pakistani" clap-trap.

I have always criticized role of Pak Army especially about their homeland ventures, but I always dislike an Indian bashing my army and my country. Same is the thinking of each and every patriot in this land of pure. And you initially choosing (out of 200 flags) Israeli flag followed by repeated anti-pakistan and pro-India rhetorics, think that we won't notice your characterless maneuvering. Pathetic loser ! An open enemy can have some virtues but an enemy within (if within) is munafiq a worst of its kind -- thus despicably called a "mole".

We do criticize Saudi Arabia and her leaders, their support to a strict brand of Islam, but we have no obsession. Afterall same saudis supported us during sanctions after nuclear tests. They gave us free oil --- they have funded our covert nuclear and missile programme. They have allowed our countrymen to work there and improve their standard of living. They have stood by us in our wars with India. And above all they are officially regarded as trusted friends of Pakistan. With your character in mind, your over-tilt and exaggerated obsession in this regard are quite comprehensible.

For people like you -- Scott once said,

Breathes there the man with soul so dead,
Who never to himself has said,
This is my own my native land.