Wanted Office Space for Warped Mental Space: Akbar Babar

farazah82

Councller (250+ posts)
Wanted Office Space for Warped Mental Space

Imran Khans demand coming on the heels of the Peshawar Church carnage that the militants should be allowed to open an office similar to Afghan Talibans office in Qatar has sent shock waves throughout the country. Since the opening of Afghan Talibans office in Qatar was in part facilitated by Pakistan, thank heavens IK did not also demand that India and US should facilitate the opening of TTPs office and in case of limited office space available, offered to accommodate the new TTPs office within the PTI Central Office, Islamabad!

What could be the underlying factors that led to IKs rather bizarre policy statement? Was the policy statement on opening of a TTP office ever discussed on any party platform? To the best of my knowledge, the policy statement was never discussed in the recent PTI CEC meeting of September 21-22, 2013? Why not? For the simple reason that policy issues are seldom part of CEC agenda which is more of an opportunity to vent personal feelings and grievances and posturing for positions.

In the post Half Baked Policy on PTIs demand to withdraw troops from Malakand, a demand retracted as soon as it was announced, I had concluded the post with remarks that at the very least, on sensitive matters of life and death, the PTI should think through before making public half-baked initiatives that may be construed by some as putting the cart before the horse. Any policy that remains static and does not evolve with changing ground realities is as unfit for consumption as the water from a lake that has no fresh water intake.

Appeasement of the militants to be soft on KPK government could be one underlying factor. The statement could also be driven on demands by some including myself to be more imaginative in articulating a policy that was more attune to the changing ground realities. But alas, to be creative is one thing and self-destructive quite another.

Each specific event demands a new spin in the backdrop of a well thought out and detailed policy. However, for maximum impact, political policy is articulated in one liners. For example, if I was anyone in PTI hierarchy which I am not nor do I desire, instead of mumbling and fumbling, the PTI statement after the Peshawar Church bombing would have read; (1) All those responsible for planning, masterminding, and executing the terrorist attack should be identified, located, and swiftly brought to justice, (2) Our relationship with any country be it Afghanistan, India or the US should be put on hold if any is found of providing sanctuary or support of any kind to any militant group that perpetrates such crimes against humanity, and (3) while the policy of negotiations should continue, punitive action must be taken against any militant group found responsible for such heinous crimes.

Instead of focusing almost entirely on governance in KPK and articulating clear policies, the PTI continues to be embroiled in almost never ending internal power games. As predicted, the businessman cum politician has now been appointed as the new SG of PTI. And, as expected, the lounge lizards and their affiliates are up in arms against the Chairman PTI for his decision to the extent of using abusive language for being used and abused in front of selective audiences. The PTI statement in todays newspapers on the appointment of the new SG by the not so shireen woman says the appointment has been made temporarily. Naturally, when the governing policy is any which way you can similar appointments made exactly through a similar selective process albeit through different benefactors also labeled as the now infamous lounge lizards were never termed as temporary.

At a time when all the focus should be on providing leadership to the people, the level of pettiness governing the mindset of the lounge lizards and their affiliates seems to have no bounds. For example, last evening the PTI media cell issued what it aptly titled as IMORTANT CIRCULAR instead of Important Circular. The circular is addressed to all TV anchors/directors current affairs/producers /Talk show coordinators with the instruction quote nobody, except PTI Central Medial Cell Coordinator is entitled to designate partys representatives on all these shows unquote. Why the need for the imortant circular? For the simple reason to deny Ms. Fauzia Kasuri, despite being an advisor to the PTI Chairman, from appearing on a TV talk show last evening. Notwithstanding the circular, telephone calls to the TV talk show producer, host, and even to the DSNG (mobile van operator) by PTI media cell operatives on the instructions of the PTIs spin doctor, the weeping PTI mother did appear on the TV talk show. Considering the rain shower of show cause notices for writing mass emails or postings on the face book, dont be surprised if a show cause notice is issued to the concerned TV talk show producer and host for failing to abide by the instructions of the PTI media cell!

Watching and hearing the ludicrous behind the scene machinations of the PTI lounge lizards and their affiliates and for the sake of PTI and the country, it almost makes eminent sense now to demand; a forensic examination of their brains by an independent brain surgeon to identify and cure the sick parts side by side an unfettered forensic audit of equally messed up PTI accounts.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Akbar-S-Babar-PTI-official/180101955416268

miafridi

Prime Minister (20k+ posts)
The writer should follow his own rule.

Any policy that remains static and does not evolve with changing ground realities is as unfit for consumption as the water from a lake that has no fresh water intake.’

farazah82

Councller (250+ posts)
Imran khan wrote a column in 2009, saying that if this thing is not dealt(with negotiations) it will spread like a cancer.

I agree with negotiations part but there is no need for Taliban office for that. Even the TTP never demanded that.

I think negotiation and office are two separate things. Criticism on Imran Khan is on his stance towards Taliban offices. Also it is very important to do negotiations from position of strength. So far it looks like Imran Khan is trying to please Taliban.

miafridi

Prime Minister (20k+ posts)
I agree with negotiations part but there is no need for Taliban office for that. Even the TTP never demanded that.

I think negotiation and office are two separate things. Criticism on Imran Khan is on his stance towards Taliban offices. Also it is very important to do negotiations from position of strength. So far it looks like Imran Khan is trying to please Taliban.

Well everyone was criticizing imran khan for the Negotiations before, and now many says they aren't against Negotiations but against office. It seems like people are gainst IK and not the agendas. People are fine with negotiations when PML-N decides it, but starts criticizing when IK supports it.

farazah82

Councller (250+ posts)
Well everyone was criticizing imran khan for the Negotiations before, and now many says they aren't against Negotiations but against office. It seems like people are gainst IK and not the agendas. People are fine with negotiations when PML-N decides it, but starts criticizing when IK supports it.

I think PTI needs to get out of this mentality that everybody is criticizing Imran khan just for the sake of it.

Criticism started when Imran khan gave statement about fake Taliban and real Taliban and the he tops it with Taliban office statement.

Regarding PMLN, I think you have to give credit to them, they did not take anything on media. They knew there are going to be many curve balls in this so it is better to do in background.

Perhaps Imran Khan needs a good political advisor to guide him through.

Sponsored Link