US warns Pakistan over terror--Wait for another 9/11 drama!

MANNO

Councller (250+ posts)
WASHINGTON: The United States warned Pakistan after the failed Times Square bombing that it must crack down on militants or face severe consequences, The New York Times reported late Saturday.

Citing unnamed US and Pakistani officials, the newspaper said US military commander in Afghanistan General Stanley McChrystal met with the Pakistani military commander General Ashfaq Parvez Kayani in Islamabad on Friday.
He urged Pakistan to quickly begin a military offensive against the Pakistani Taliban and Al-Qaeda in North Waziristan.

The meeting came as US investigators grilled Faisal Shahzad, a Pakistani-born US citizen whose large but poorly made bomb failed to detonate in New York's Times Square a week ago. He was arrested Monday aboard a plane preparing to take off for Dubai.
Shahzad, the 30-year-old son of a retired Pakistani Air Force officer, faces five terrorist charges in the United States.

US media reports said Shahzad's family knew at least two key Pakistani militants involved in terrorist activities.

Secretary of State Hillary Clinton warned Pakistan, in remarks published late Friday, that it faced very severe consequences if a terror plot like the Times Square bombing were traced to the country, although she also acknowledged Pakistan's increased cooperation against terrorism.

The Times said the new pressure from Washington was characterized by the Pakistani and US officials as a sharp turnaround from the relatively polite encouragement adopted by the administration of President Barack Obama in recent months.
It came amid increasing debate within the administration about how to proceed in the war on terror that included even a boots-on-the-ground presence on Pakistani soil, the report said.

Though the bombing in Times Square failed, Shahzad's ability to move back and forth between the United States and Pakistan has heightened fears in the Obama administration that another attempt at a terrorist attack could succeed, the paper said.
We are saying, Sorry, if there is a successful attack, we will have to act' within Pakistan, one of the US officials is quoted in the report as saying. AFP

http://www.dawn.com/wps/wcm/connect...19-us-warns-pakistan-over-terror-report-hh-07

forzeb

Minister (2k+ posts)
i am unable to understand that why 160 milllion people of pakistan cannot understand what USA is trying out of this being an educated middle class person i know what USA is trying it is very siple that they are trying to break pakistan in to peaces. But people in power they are kept quite i know they have no interest in the country and people of pakistan cause they will not loose any thing out of this.For GOD sake people wake up or ready to die very soon

kashnex

Councller (250+ posts)
The situation is very distressful. I'm wondering that just because of this staged, "DRAMA" people of Pakistan are being suffered.
I feel our leader (so called) those who are in power are the biggest Moran ever. I can't believe that if any of them can speak the truth. They (these leaders) just want Pakistan to put into hell, I'm using this very strict word with great sorrow.

Our Pakistani Nation has morally fell down under from where they can only come up with a GRAND Revolution.
People for God sake WAKE UP before you're put into the deep sleep from where you can never rise up again.

i am unable to understand that why 160 milllion people of pakistan cannot understand what USA is trying out of this being an educated middle cl*** person i know what USA is trying it is very siple that they are trying to break pakistan in to peaces. But people in power they are kept quite i know they have no interest in the country and people of pakistan cause they will not loose any thing out of this.For GOD sake people wake up or ready to die very soon

If they want to break pakistan then why have they given over $10 billion dollars within the last decade alone?? Why have they given so much military aid including drones, F16's etc?