Ufone to Charge WhatsApp Calls With Regular Data Tariffs

Basit147

MPA (400+ posts)
Ufone to Charge WhatsApp Calls With Regular Data Tariffs

Ufone has decided to charge WhatsApp calls as per regular data tariffs, i.e. Rs. 20 for 1st MB and then 19 MBs free. Regular usage of WhatsApp will be charged from data bundles volumes as per routine. New pricing mechanism is effective immediately.

WhatsApp calls, with all the amazing quality, have turned out to be a real threat for telcos, especially in developing markets where voice revenues are still notable and contribute a major share towards overall revenues of telecom operators.

Even worse for such telcos, WhatsApp calls work like a charm on 3G networks and this is exactly why Ufone has decided to charge WhatsApp calls as per regular data tariffs instead of bucket volume.

http://propakistani.pk/2015/05/12/ufone-to-charge-whatsapp-calls-with-regular-data-tariff/

10982001_10206739270588260_6653565490764100281_n-1.jpg

Whatsapp calls can be made on 3G & 4G network without any additional charges. However, due to the extensive use of Whatsapp, it is obvious that telcos do not want to be left out of the profits. This is why Ufone has decided to charge Whatsapp calls with regular data tariffs i.e. Rs. 20 for the first 1 MB and free for the next 19 MBs. If you think about it, 19 MBs will be used up in no time at all and Ufone can deduct additional charges for any further use.

One of the Ufone users tweeted about the new price policy and shared the image below.

http://www.techjuice.pk/ufone-will-now-charge-for-whatsapp-calls/

11218881_690234537747739_3199857674911038987_n.png

Koi SHARAM hoti Hai Koi HAYA Hoti Hai Koi ETHICS Hotay Hain Koi GRACE Hoti Hai

Last edited by a moderator:

Talha Asif

Councller (250+ posts)
Janab aap Ufone ko rotay hain ku k wo whatsapp voice call charge krain gy per Mobilink warid or Telenor to whatsapp per media download upload krny per b charge krty hain.kch kahye is bary me b

Fakhre Alam

Minister (2k+ posts)
Janab aap Ufone ko rotay hain ku k wo whatsapp voice call charge krain gy per Mobilink warid or Telenor to whatsapp per media download upload krny per b charge krty hain.kch kahye is bary me b

mobilink is not charging extra for whatsapp upload/download as per my experience. i use monthly lite bundle.

Talha Asif

Councller (250+ posts)
mobilink is not charging extra for whatsapp upload/download as per my experience. i use monthly lite bundle.
me special social package & free whatsapp ki baat kr rha hn sir.bundle me to koi b company charge nahi karti even ufone b whatsapp call charge ni krta internet bundle per

kakamuna420

Chief Minister (5k+ posts)
switch your service. Don't stick to ufone. I started using 3G with Ufone and my data was finishing in 5 days without using it. All rashii people work at ufone