Top Batting Coach and Psychologist Needed For Pak Cricketers

RiazHaq

Senator (1k+ posts)
http://www.riazhaq.com/2013/06/pak-cricket-needs-world-class-batting.html

Pakistani national cricket team's horrible performance at the 2013 ICC Champions Trophy is uncharacteristic for a side widely regarded by experts as one of the most talented in the world. The latest losses have unleashed a torrent of anger in Pakistan with demands for heads at PCB to roll yet again.

For some in Pakistan, the understandable anger has turned into total insanity. For example, former Pakistani cricketer Aamer Suhail has laid the entire blame at the feet of Imran Khan who led Pakistan to its sole victory in ICC World Cup in 1992.

It's unfortunate that Pakistan's losses at international cricket competitions do not force a sober assessment of the team's strengths and weaknesses. Rather, the so-called "experts" resort to self-serving analyses.

In my view, a dispassionate review of the team's record would bring out the following:

1. Pakistan's bowling attack is among the most potent in the world and it should be maintained and enhanced.

2. Pakistan's batting is among the weakest in the world and it needs serious improvement.

3. Pakistani players, particularly its batting line-up, collapse under pressure.

The best way to move forward is to do the following:

1. Hire a world-class batting coach who has a track record as a super batsman but also knows how to coach a young side. This search for such a coach needs to be world-wide and selection done in a professional manner.

2. Bring on board a world-renowned sports psychologist to increase mental toughness and improve the overall temperament and tenacity of the players to perform well under pressure. The anger for the loss should not be directed against individual players. Instead, the passion should be channelized to improve the effectiveness of the team as a cohesive unit.

http://www.riazhaq.com/2013/06/pak-cricket-needs-world-class-batting.html

Last edited:

Petrolhead

Minister (2k+ posts)
Sorry, I disagree. What Pakistan cricket team needs first of all is a team representing Pakistan. When you ensure that at least 9 or 8 players playing in the team are from a single region regardless of their competence, when you fire a high performing coach because he's not from the favoured region, when you stop taking wicket keepers from the region which has always produced the best wicket keepers through out the history (Waseem Bari, Saleem Yousuf, Moeen Khan, Rashid Lateef), when you ensure that you keep Imran Farhat, Kamran Akmal and Shoaib Malik in the team in spite of them being proven losers or fixers but because they belong to a particular region, this was bound to happen.

Because of these reasons I wanted this Regional team to badly lose in Champions Trophy and am very happy they didn't disappoint me.

leo_pk

Senator (1k+ posts)
easy solution..., make pakistan cricket teams have players from all over pakistan and not from punjab as it currently is... punjabis are losers

desan

President (40k+ posts)
easy solution..., make pakistan cricket teams have players from all over pakistan and not from punjab as it currently is... punjabis are losers

Please don't use sectarianism,
despite some truth to what you said....

Shahenshah

Citizen
The domestic cricket competition along with its format and structuring is first and foremost required to be revamped before going elsewhere to redress the glaring problems of Pakistan cricket.

Petrolhead

Minister (2k+ posts)

Brother, I wouldn't call the 'Punjabis' losers, this will fall under racism. Punjab is a beautiful place and Punjabis are beautiful people. My best friend and his wife are Kashmiri Punjabi and I love them. But the way certain institutions are unjustifiably influenced rather completely dominated by some people from Punjab is a national tragedy.

There are some very good reasons why the successful nations in the West promote Diversity and Inclusion. They have hundreds of years of experience behind this concept. On the other hand we have a 65 years old history full of shameful defeats and we are still not willing to change ourselves.

The affair of Pakistan's cricket is a trivial matter. The same reasons are behind the separation of West Pakistan, separatist movement in Balochistan, unrest in the Saraiki belt and Karachi.

anas ajaz

Politcal Worker (100+ posts)
Sorry, I disagree. What Pakistan cricket team needs first of all is a team representing Pakistan. When you ensure that at least 9 or 8 players playing in the team are from a single region regardless of their competence, when you fire a high performing coach because he's not from the favoured region, when you stop taking wicket keepers from the region which has always produced the best wicket keepers through out the history (Waseem Bari, Saleem Yousuf, Moeen Khan, Rashid Lateef), when you ensure that you keep Imran Farhat, Kamran Akmal and Shoaib Malik in the team in spite of them being proven losers or fixers but because they belong to a particular region, this was bound to happen.

Because of these reasons I wanted this Regional team to badly lose in Champions Trophy and am very happy they didn't disappoint me.

100% agreed.. specially the way they made ASAD SAHFIQ sit on bench in the second most crucial ODI... it should be a PKISTANI team for GOD SAKE..

drshahabj

Councller (250+ posts)
I had an honor to attend a dinner with the members of Pakistani cricket team and was shocked to notice that they were not even communicating in Urdu which is Pakistan's national language. I agree if they include Sindh and Baluchistan talent, Pakistan will be an unbeaten team. We should learn from other teams. Lots of people say it was Punjab team not Pakistan who lost.

v r imran k

Chief Minister (5k+ posts)
yahan hamary karachi k bahi soobyat ko froogh day rahy hian .....bahi loug karachi sy palyer a b to nahi rahy...........

faisl iqbal ki form aap khud deklh lo...................................i meri b kahwish sy karachi sy p layer aain un k sath ziadti b hoti rhai hay yay b haqeeqat hy........lekin baqi pakistan b to bhoot barra hy..vehari our kahan kahan sy player nikly hian ab to fata sy b player nikal rahy hian

wo player jin ki team mian jaga batni hay lekin board nahi lay raha ......

khurram manzoor ........azam hussain .............akbar rehman (178) runs in quaid azam trophy match

anwar ali fast bowler iss k sath to bhoot zaidti ho rahi hy he is match performer

khalid latif .........................saeed bin nasir.......fawad alam...........sarfraz ahmed

yay esy player hian in ko chance nila perfrom b kia lekin pata mahi kai waja tha in ko team mian nahi lia gaya

mohammed sami ...............aik acha bowler jo hum zaya ker rhay hian

Last edited:

Petrolhead

Minister (2k+ posts)
yahan hamary karachi k bahi soobyat ko froogh day rahy hian .....bahi loug karachi sy palyer a b to nahi rahy...........

faisl iqbal ki form aap khud deklh lo...................................i meri b kahwish sy karachi sy p layer aain un k sath ziadti b hoti rhai hay yay b haqeeqat hy........lekin baqi pakistan b to bhoot barra hy..vehari our kahan kahan sy player nikly hian ab to fata sy b player nikal rahy hian

wo player jin ki team mian jaga batni hay lekin board nahi lay raha ......

khurram manzoor ........azam hussain .............akbar rehman (178) runs in quaid azam trophy match

anwar ali fast bowler iss k sath to bhoot zaidti ho rahi hy he is match performer

khalid latif .........................saeed bin nasir.......fawad alam...........sarfraz ahmed

yay esy player hian in ko chance nila perfrom b kia lekin pata mahi kai waja tha in ko team mian nahi lia gaya

mohammed sami ...............aik acha bowler jo hum zaya ker rhay hian

Mera khayal tha k PCB, selectors and senior Pakistani cricket players soobayyiat ko farogh dey rahey hen, lekin aap ki post parh ker pata chala k yeh tu mujh jesay kuch Karachi k bewaqoof aur taussubi log hen jinhon ney Pakistani cricket team ko tabah ker dya hey.

Karachi, Sind, Balochistan, Saraiki belt, Kashmir waghera sey tu koyee talented players nahi aa rahey lekin yeh Imran Farhat, Akmal brothers, Shoaib Malik bohat talented hen. Isi lyey team mein baar baar aatey rehtey hen.

Karachi k players k lyey wesay acchi policy hey. Ya tu thakey hoyey players lao jesay Faisal Iqbal (thanks to his Uncle Miandad) and Sami aur phir example do k dekho ab Karachi sey tu acchay players aatey hi nahi. Ya phir high potential players like Asad Shafiq, Fawad Alam, Sarfraz Ahmad ko team mey lo tu unhey andar bahar andar bahar kertay raho takey unka koyee momentum hi na ban sakay aur who over the period of time team sey nikal jayen. Ya phir Hassan Raza jesay potential ko bachpan mein hi team mey launch ker do takey woh shuru mey hi flop ho jayey.

Aik aur pentra, pathan bhai like Younis Khan aur Shahid Afridi team mein khelen tu kyon k woh Karachi mey rehtay hen unhen bhi Karachi ka hi count ker lo.

Behetreen policy, well done. That's why Pakistan 1947 k muqabley mey aadha hey, aur jis raastey per jaa raha hey us raastay per aik hi sooba reh jayey ga Pakistan key naam ka (Allah SWT aisey waqt sey bachayey, Aameen).

Petrolhead

Minister (2k+ posts)
I had an honor to attend a dinner with the members of Pakistani cricket team and was shocked to notice that they were not even communicating in Urdu which is Pakistan's national language. I agree if they include Sindh and Baluchistan talent, Pakistan will be an unbeaten team. We should learn from other teams. Lots of people say it was Punjab team not Pakistan who lost.

I never had this honor (Alhumdulillah, I would rather spend my time watching a cock fight) but I never imagined these illiterate-turned-millionaires talking in the national language. I sometimes wonder how players like Junaid Khan, Umer Gul and Asad Shafiq feel when 90% of the team speak in a language which they can't understand.

Imranpak

We have tried all these different ways of trying to improve the team so lets not get started on the needing of some genie out of the lamp:lol::lol: Our batters are simply not good enough, they don't have the technique required that no shrink will be able to provide. It's just an excuse to give tried and failed batsmen another chance this time with a shrink standing by them, lets move on and give new batsmen a chance instead of these failures.

Rizwan2009

جب تک چيئرمين کرکٹ بورڈ سيليکشن کميٹي اور تمام ٹيم تبديل نہيں ہوتي پاکستان کبھي بھي کوئي بڑا ٹورنامنٹ نہيں جيت سکتا

v r imran k

Mera khayal tha k PCB, selectors and senior Pakistani cricket players soobayyiat ko farogh dey rahey hen, lekin aap ki post parh ker pata chala k yeh tu mujh jesay kuch Karachi k bewaqoof aur taussubi log hen jinhon ney Pakistani cricket team ko tabah ker dya hey.

Karachi, Sind, Balochistan, Saraiki belt, Kashmir waghera sey tu koyee talented players nahi aa rahey lekin yeh Imran Farhat, Akmal brothers, Shoaib Malik bohat talented hen. Isi lyey team mein baar baar aatey rehtey hen.

Karachi k players k lyey wesay acchi policy hey. Ya tu thakey hoyey players lao jesay Faisal Iqbal (thanks to his Uncle Miandad) and Sami aur phir example do k dekho ab Karachi sey tu acchay players aatey hi nahi. Ya phir high potential players like Asad Shafiq, Fawad Alam, Sarfraz Ahmad ko team mey lo tu unhey andar bahar andar bahar kertay raho takey unka koyee momentum hi na ban sakay aur who over the period of time team sey nikal jayen. Ya phir Hassan Raza jesay potential ko bachpan mein hi team mey launch ker do takey woh shuru mey hi flop ho jayey.

Aik aur pentra, pathan bhai like Younis Khan aur Shahid Afridi team mein khelen tu kyon k woh Karachi mey rehtay hen unhen bhi Karachi ka hi count ker lo.

Behetreen policy, well done. That's why Pakistan 1947 k muqabley mey aadha hey, aur jis raastey per jaa raha hey us raastay per aik hi sooba reh jayey ga Pakistan key naam ka (Allah SWT aisey waqt sey bachayey, Aameen).

brother i toatally agree with u ....problem pata hy kia hy..jub aaap mqm ki bat kerty ho to ap loug smjnay lagty ho shaid hum sub punjabiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii mohajirs kay khilaf hian ya un kay assal dushman hian

mqm sary mohajirs ko represnt nahi kerti........................kionkay mery leader jo karachi sy hian jin ka mian bay panah ehtram kerta hun un k liay mery dill mian bhoot aqeedat hy wo sub k sub mohajirs hian

1 shah ahmed norrani

2 professer gahfour ahmed

3 hakeem mohammad saeed

4 muanawar hassan sb

5 abdul sattar edhi

6 mohammad hussain mehnti.............etc

writer mian anwar maqsood haseean aapa .........iss tara artist mian .........moin akhtar shakeel tallat hussain...bahrooz qazi wajid etc etc bhoot nam hian likhoun to kamper jiay

poori tahmeed bandhnay ka maqsad yay hy aap ko mohajir punjabi sy hut k paksitnai ho k sochna paray ga

iss k liay aap ko team mian fawad alam b chiay razzaq b chiay wicket keeper sarfraz b chiay

anwar ali fast bowler b chiay sad shafiq b chiay middle order mian ....khurram manzoor azam hussain khalid latif

haan jawari and compnay

shoaib malik akmal brothran ko hameesha hameesha sy team sy bahir ker dena chiay

captian one day t twenty format only shahid afridi............test team captian misbah ulhaq

yay b desrve kerty hian.......issi tara sy imran nazir ahmed shahzad razzaq b desrving player hian

mian yay keh raha hun aap karachi sy hut keer b dekhoo jo deserve ekrta hy ussy team mian houna chiay

leekin aap ki yay bat b thik hay k karachi k palyer kl sath waqiee ziadti hoti rahi hy ab b ho rahi hay

Last edited:

lurker

I think the problem is systemic in Pakistan. You need to kick out the PCB. Perhaps setup a rival Cricket Board in Pakistan? ;)

auqab

Minister (2k+ posts)
brother i toatally agree with u ....problem pata hy kia hy..jub aaap mqm ki bat kerty ho to ap loug smjnay lagty ho shaid hum sub punjabiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii mohajirs kay khilaf hian ya un kay assal dushman hian

mqm sary mohajirs ko represnt nahi kerti........................kionkay mery leader jo karachi sy hian jin ka mian bay panah ehtram kerta hun un k liay mery dill mian bhoot aqeedat hy wo sub k sub mohajirs hian

1 shah ahmed norrani

3 hakeem mohammad saeed

4 muanawar hassan sb

5 abdul sattar edhi

writer mian anwar maqsood haseean aapa .........iss tara artist mian .........moin akhtar shakeel tallat hussain...bahrooz qazi wajid etc etc bhoot nam hian likhoun to kamper jiay

poori tahmeed bandhnay ka maqsad yay hy aap ko mohajir punjabi sy hut k paksitnai ho k sochna paray ga

iss k liay aap ko team mian fawad alam b chiay razzaq b chiay wicket keeper sarfraz b chiay

anwar ali fast bowler b chiay sad shafiq b chiay middle order mian ....khurram manzoor azam hussain khalid latif

haan jawari and compnay

shoaib malik akmal brothran ko hameesha hameesha sy team sy bahir ker dena chiay

captian one day t twenty format only shahid afridi............test team captian misbah ulhaq

yay b desrve kerty hian.......issi tara sy imran nazir ahmed shahzad razzaq b desrving player hian

mian yay keh raha hun aap karachi sy hut keer b dekhoo jo deserve ekrta hy ussy team mian houna chiay

leekin aap ki yay bat b thik hay k karachi k palyer kl sath waqiee ziadti hoti rahi hy ab b ho rahi hay

by far the best comment (clap)(clap)(clap)(clap)(clap)(clap)(clap)(clap)

kick out akmal, malik n farhat for good.

bring in razzaq,afridi,asad shafiq, ahmed shahzad, fawad alam n sarfraz!

Petrolhead

Minister (2k+ posts)

1 shah ahmed norrani

3 hakeem mohammad saeed

4 muanawar hassan sb

5 abdul sattar edhi

haan jawari and compnay

I agree with you. Am not in favour of Quota based selection. But the selection trend in the past many years forced me to talk about players from outside Punjab. I did mention a few players from Karachi because they have been unjustifiably ignored for no reasons whatsoever but I believe in Merit based selection. If no players from Karachi deserve a place, there should be 'Zero' players from Karachi. If no players from other non-Punjab areas deserve a place, 100% team should come from Punjab. But this is not likely to happen in reality. What's been happening in reality is a team which consists of 80 - 90% players and team management from one province. And this trend will continue....You have a bloody FEDERAL cabinet which is 100% from Punjab. You have the country's PM and NA's speaker once again from Punjab. The next president may also come from Punjab.

Pakistan Army and bureaucracy is massively dominated by people from Punjab. When people, especially from Karachi apply for jobs in Army, PAF, Navy, Police, Rangers and bureaucracy, the interviewers ask about their forefathers' origins. One of my relatives left the (Civil Services) interview after this question and then developed hatred for (you know whom). If this kind of things happen in the UK the interviewers and senior management of such institutions will be thrown out of the system thanks to the anti-discrimination laws.

These facts are bitter, but they are facts after all.

PS: Please also read about the other regions I've mentioned in my post. Also, in another post on the same topic I did mention what I think about the Punjabi people (in case one doesn't bother to search, I expressed my likeness and love for them).

v r imran k

I agree with you. Am not in favour of Quota based selection. But the selection trend in the past many years forced me to talk about players from outside Punjab. I did mention a few players from Karachi because they have been unjustifiably ignored for no reasons whatsoever but I believe in Merit based selection. If no players from Karachi deserve a place, there should be 'Zero' players from Karachi. If no players from other non-Punjab areas deserve a place, 100% team should come from Punjab. But this is not likely to happen in reality. What's been happening in reality is a team which consists of 80 - 90% players and team management from one province. And this trend will continue....You have a bloody FEDERAL cabinet which is 100% from Punjab. You have the country's PM and NA's speaker once again from Punjab. The next president may also come from Punjab.

Pakistan Army and bureaucracy is massively dominated by people from Punjab. When people, especially from Karachi apply for jobs in Army, PAF, Navy, Police, Rangers and bureaucracy, the interviewers ask about their forefathers' origins. One of my relatives left the (Civil Services) interview after this question and then developed hatred for (you know whom). If this kind of things happen in the UK the interviewers and senior management of such institutions will be thrown out of the system thanks to the anti-discrimination laws.

These facts are bitter, but they are facts after all.

PS: Please also read about the other regions I've mentioned in my post. Also, in another post on the same topic I did mention what I think about the Punjabi people (in case one doesn't bother to search, I expressed my likeness and love for them).

i know this i agree that why bloauch want to separate fform pakistan ..this is mind set we should defeat this mind set but our struggle should be polite manners ..every forum we raise this kind of voice .......................army should know every paksitnai is good paksitani either urdue speaking sindhi our blaochi punjabi pathan .................................................but we accpet this paksitan as a country coz sum urdu speaking playing in the hand of indian raw agents like mqm

Petrolhead

Minister (2k+ posts)
i know this i agree that why bloauch want to separate fform pakistan ..this is mind set we should defeat this mind set but our struggle should be polite manners ..every forum we raise this kind of voice .......................army should know every paksitnai is good paksitani either urdue speaking sindhi our blaochi punjabi pathan .................................................but we accpet this paksitan as a country coz sum urdu speaking playing in the hand of indian raw agents like mqm

My friend, this applies to all races living in Pakistan. Some Balochs play in the Indian hands, some pushtuns play in the Indian hands, some Punjabis play in the Indian hands, some Sindhis play in the Indian hands.

As far as MQM is concerned, yes I agree it's a fashist party, was supported by India (may be still supported by them) but remember India will support any party any time which is willing to destablise Pakistan. Have you seen mass campaign of hatred against the Balochs because of the BLA? Remember the number of votes the PTI got from Karachi without any campaign!!!

Another very very harsh message with apologies - have you ever wondered why a movement/party/people outside Punjab are immediately labelled as 'anti-Pakistan, Indian/RAW sponsored' but the same never happens for people operating inside Punjab - whether it's Lashkar-e-Jhangvi, Lashkar-e-Muhammad pbuh, Punjabi Taliban, etc. This is the mindset of the top brass in the Pakistani establishment (am not blaming the masses here). And this mindset has not only put other races in an isolated and dark corner but also against Punjab.

I believe that this discussion has gone completely off track from the original post but it's a good idea to discuss this very openly so people in Pakistan know how the races in minority feel. At the same time I would like to acknowledge that the responses on siasat.pk against such messages have been positive (including from our brothers inPunjab). Let's discuss these issues, understand each other and work together for common goals by bringing our diverse skills and qualities together. That's what diversity and inclusion is all about.