The Truly Shocking story of Pakistan Airlines Flight 8303

Citizen X

President (40k+ posts)

I dunno about you but this reeks of for lack of a better word "Desi Uncle Pakistaniyat". Don't want to follow the rules, be a mr know it all, what do others know, I'll do it my way because I know better. Bus chaudrahat qaim rakhna, who is anyone to tell me anything. And also the other factor which is prevalent in most Asian societies, juniors or younger ones afraid to question their seniors/elders. To the degree even if it means losing your life over it and getting 100s others killed.

It is SO sad to see this terrible loss of life could have been avoided by simply following procedure or even listening to the First Office. Stubbornness, fuck the rules and ego in admitting a mistake led to this tragedy

Wake up Pak

Prime Minister (20k+ posts)
I recall the unfortunate incident involving PIA. My nephew was supposed to be on that flight, but canceled it and took the next day's flight to Karachi to celebrate Eid with his parents.
I am not an expert, but if the pilot and first officer had followed the standard operating procedures, the crash could have been prevented.

Citizen X

President (40k+ posts)
I am not an expert, but if the pilot and first officer had followed the standard operating procedures, the crash could have been prevented.
Yes, but it mistake after mistake after mistake after mistake due to not following procedure and listening to the Control Tower and his own first officer, Lekin Pakistani and follow procedure, yeah kaisay ho sakta hai, phannay khan ban ke dikhana zuroor hota hai. Pakistani Bus driver ho ya pilot, chalanay ka style ek hi jaisa hai.

Ironic thing is Capt saab was also the Standards Inspector! The person who trains others and keeps an eye on if standards are being followed. So you can imagine the standards of PIA

I follow aviation closely specially major incidents, never have I seen someone forget to lower landing gear while trying to land, the most basic of things man! Even if there gear was down they would have survived like Shaheen Air 142 that crashed at Lahore Airport, over there also due to not following procedures and shouki of Captain and Captain saab sharab ke nashay mein dhutt.

PPP ne Siasi bhartiya kar kar ke kar kar ke PIA ki MC di hai. This captains initial assessment report was "Bossy and overbearing with below average intelligence and little regard for authority" among many others and "Not recommended" with a evaluation like that no where in the world would be able to become a pilot, lekin probably political interference aur achi khasi raqam laga ke PCAA eventually permission ley li.