The Nature and Reality of Personal Love?

Bret Hawk

Senator (1k+ posts)

I was hearing these melodious tracks today and suddenly a fleeting thought prevailed in my mind in relation to the objective realities of personal love, most notably the love between a man and woman. What is the true nature of this mesmerizing feeling and where does, if any, its origin lie in the consciousness and sub-consciousness of a human being? Does this bond of love between man and woman is a mean to achieve some ends and if the answer is yes then what are they and how do those ends can fulfil our hearts and souls with eternal bliss and happiness? Let’s just think about this beautiful and divine feeling once again today on a rational and intellectual basis.

loving-couple.jpg

Last edited:

rajakhanmd

Senator (1k+ posts)
Bret Hawk:

AOA- It seems spring came a bit earlier in your heart than the rest of Pakistan.

'' beqarari bay sabeb nhein Ghalib

Kuch to hai jis ke parda dari hai ''

Raaz

(50k+ posts) بابائے فورم
یہ آج ہاک کس ٹہنی پر بیٹھ گیا ہے

Affection is natural anyways.

GuruJi

Citizen
I think every generation before us has pondered on this question. There is a fine line that separates attraction from love. Many believe they are in love when its only an attraction when attraction wears down they engage in infidelity and are in and out of love.

Love has no types i.e man woman, mother child, its universal.Regardless relationship between a man and women is very special indeed.Only reality is love everything else is false.

Last edited:

moazzamniaz

Chief Minister (5k+ posts)
بھائی، مقصد ایک خاندان کا بنانا ہے. اصل خوشیاں اور فوائد اسکے بعد شروع ہو جاتے ہیں

omerkashmiri

Siasat.pk - Blogger
Love can not be discussed rationally , it defies all logic and common sense. They say Love is blind . it sees no color , race or religion and if you see some love marriages you would tend to agree that one of them was definitely blind. There are no prerequisites nor there are any terms and conditions in Love.
Faraz said :
نہیں ہے تاب تو عاشقی کی راہ نہ چل
یہ کار زار جنوں ہے جگر نکال کر رکھ

As far as your question regarding to any achievements is concerned i will once again quote The Guru :

تم محبّت میں کہاں سود و زیاں لے آے
عشق کا نام نہ خرد ہے نہ جنوں ہے یوں ہے

Last edited:

M javed

Banned
This is the way the nature fulfills its objectives - nothing more than that

Why a child is more attractive than an old man because the nature want him to be nourished and the old person to take away.

canadian

Chief Minister (5k+ posts)

[video=youtube;Kzih2YKRZV8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kzih2YKRZV8[/vide

I was hearing these melodious tracks today and suddenly a fleeting thought prevailed in my mind in relation to the objective realities of personal love, most notably the love between a man and woman. What is the true nature and of this mesmerizing feeling and where does, if any, its origin lie in the consciousness and sub-consciousness of a human being? Does this bond of love between man and woman is a mean to achieve some ends and if the answer is yes then what are they and how do those ends can fulfil our hearts and souls with eternal bliss and happiness? Let’s just think about this beautiful and divine feeling once again today on a rational and intellectual basis.

loving-couple.jpg

Buddy you are on the right track.Keep it up.

behzadji

Minister (2k+ posts)
Well, I believe that men and women are there to fulfil each other's physical and spiritual needs. But there is nothing legitimate as love between a stranger man and a strange woman(I mean stranger as a na-mahram). Omar khayam says, ''Fortunate are those who marry their loved ones but I pray for those who marry and then love.''

All this love is just a mirage. Men and women are like a pair of tich buttons. both of them are their to join together to cover the nudeness of the body of iman.
So that's why it is said that marriage completes half of your faith. Your eyes should be focussed on the one and only purpose of life-----to seek Almighty's Pleasure and Love. The love between man and a woman means that they want to get married so that they could save their half of the faith rather than destroy it in the fire of sin.

abbasiali

Minister (2k+ posts)
Bret Hawk:

AOA- It seems spring came a bit earlier in your heart than the rest of Pakistan.

'' beqarari bay sabeb nhein Ghalib

Kuch to hai jis ke parda dari hai ''

lol

Kiya Zabardast dedication dedicate ki hai Raja Sahab, Lugta hai hai hamarey Bret Hawk ab apney ghosley main baithney waley hain, Allah Mubarak karien.

rajakhanmd

Senator (1k+ posts)
@behzadji:

both of them are their to join together to cover the ''nudeness of the body of iman''.

I am sorry but I think this statement needs some modification. Thanks.

Bret Hawk

Senator (1k+ posts)
First of all I would like to thank earnestly to bros Night_Hawk and Abbasi for their kind words and well wishes. Secondly to bro Raja I would like to forward my greetings to you as well Walikum Salam. Raja bro there’s no question of the return of spring here in my heart because I’m a person who prefers to dwell in the valley and gardens of romanticism so there’s no point of yearning for that special feeling.

Like the rest of the respondents I rather have a sceptic frame of mind though on rational level when my mind tends to scrutinise the objective realities of this feeling which exists between a man and woman. Although majority of us including the influential group of poets and literati around the world tends to visualise the feeling of love with the spectacles of emotions, burning passions which later results in exaggeration of feelings and intellectual output of those thinkers.

I myself used to have that sort of emotional predilection towards love for a long period of time until I came across some of the rare literature of some gigantic thinkers and later after some deliberation and rationalisation of those critical points I had to restructure and reform my rational views for love. Firstly there’s a problem of dualism between the independent entities of mind and body of an individual according to the Cartesian logic of Rene Descartes which tends to blur the reality of my emotions because of the duality of the above mentioned entities.

According to the theory of this dualism mind tends to conceive those realities of life which are not sometimes become correspondent to the actions of our physical bodies. Physical entity normally follow its carnal and base requirements such as lust, reproduction and personal intimacy whilst the mind (of highly educated and refined individuals) desires to tread on those routes which most of the times have nothing to do with the requirements of its physical counterpart. Probably this might has become one of the main reasons for Man’s dishonesty, egocentricity and selfishness because normally he chose to love his opposite sexual partner to fulfil his basic needs and also to appease his ego, which has been rightly indicated by the stalwarts like Plato in his Symposium and Aristotle in “Nicomachean Ethics” in antiquity.

For early Greek scholarly masters and later generations of thinkers this concept of utility and deriving comfort for one’s intimate partner can’t become a durable and ideal relationship because of the transient nature of those qualities and desires of loving partners. To overcome this narrow minded and selfish nature of Eros or sensual love Marsilio Ficino (d. 1499 C.E) coined the term of Platonic Love based on one of the dialogue of Plato in Symposium in relation to its prophetess Diotima, which is however devoid of the feelings of any sensuality and sexual relations among the lovers of two opposite sexes or between the same sexes of human beings.