'Silent bomber' couple jailed for London terror plot

k-a-q

MPA (400+ posts)
_87412362_87412361.jpg

Mohammed Rehman and Sana Ahmed Khan were found guilty of preparing terrorist acts

Mohammed Rehman, 25, discussed targeting the London Underground and Westfield shopping centre on social media under the name "Silent Bomber".

He and his wife Sana Ahmed Khan were convicted of preparing terrorist acts.

Jailing them both for life at the Old Bailey, Mr Justice Baker told Rehman he had been "determined to fulfil the Islamic State's call for jihad".

The couple's trial had heard how bomb-making chemicals were found at Rehman's Reading home, where he had filmed himself setting off a small explosion in the back garden.

He had been planning an attack to coincide with the 10th anniversary of the 7 July London bombings, the trial was told.

The role of 24-year-old Khan was to fund the chemicals needed to make a "huge" bomb.

Rehman, who was also convicted of possessing an article for terrorist purposes, was a "prolific" user of Twitter, the trial was told, posting extremist rhetoric alongside images of homemade devices and instructional material.

One tweet from his account read: "I have rigged my house to blow at the push of a button by my bedside if the pope [police] try to raid man. Nobody gets in the way of my jihad."

_87414810_87414809.jpg

A photo of a tweet by Rehman saying a homemade explosive was his "key to paradise"

The judge told Rehman that the reason for his conversion "may never be fully known", adding that he was satisfied he had intended to carry out an act of terrorism within the United Kingdom.

"The type of act which you envisaged not only encompassed the use of explosive substances which would be used to maximum effect so as to cause multiple injuries and fatalities, but specifically included a suicide bombing; an act which envisaged martyrdom, a notion specifically resurrected by Islamic State in order to encourage this type of venture," Mr Justice Baker said.

kqGWVKE.png

Ahead of the hearing, Khan had sent the judge a handwritten letter saying that she divorced Rehman a couple of weeks previously and that she should have distanced myself
from him a long time ago" but that she did not have the strength to do it.

_87429888_a5161a36-9894-4087-84cf-5fb91b73035f.jpg

The judge rejected her argument, telling Khan: "I am satisfied that it was you who became interested in the theological justification of its aims, and thereafter encouraged Mohammed Rehman to pursue its ideology."

source: http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-35198500

Last edited:

kpkpak

Minister (2k+ posts)
کسی نے مولانا عبدالعزیز کے مدرسے کے سرٹیفیکیٹ پیش نہیں کیے ان کے

Sohail Shuja

Chief Minister (5k+ posts)
that is just stupid!!!! were they planning to be caught?

on Prima Facie... yes indeed they were planning to be caught. Just look at their faces... do they look like Islamic Extremisits...??? they don't even look like practicing Muslims.... both were on drugs and God Knows what type of drugs they have been given by the Mi6 agents, maybe the psychoactive drugs to modify their behavior... they must have been behind providing him with the explosive material as well.

I don't know much about its details right now, but my wandering thought connects this incidence with the California shootings, where the prime cause is not clear but only that the killers were inspired by the Jihadist thought..... all of this appears to be a covert propaganda against the Muslims in the west.... it implies that they can be dangerous as to be inspired by the ISIS/Al-Qaeda agenda.... the very basis of Donald Trump's statement...."We have a problem in our country and that is Muslims"

So, in the future, it is possible that people might only be locked down or sentenced to be deported/refused asylum and immigration just on the basis that they show intents or depict a character which is Islamic and appears to be a threat for their society.

Off course, the Western media shall never report the massacre of Muslims which is done after such incidences in their own country. Like I recall an old story, when some Nigerians slaughtered a Military Band Soldier in London... there were mysterious happenings of killings of Muslims in UK after that event.

http://www.heraldscotland.com/news/...on_was_victim_of_gang_murder_on_quiet_street/

And other things also happen which never come up on their mainstream media or is never given the true hype it requires..... so in the future, just remember, on the basis of such propaganda, any Muslim can be detained for anything... even if he has proven links with a terrorist organization or not.... only his religion will be the base for him to be "inspired of ISIS/Al-Qaeda" or whatever sort of so called JIHAD. Its appears to be just a small step forward in that direction

Last edited:

SARDARSINGH

Banned
yaha cheekh pukar raula kyo pad gaya hai ? yeh dono pakistani hai kya ?

[hilar][hilar][hilar][hilar][hilar][hilar][hilar][hilar][hilar][hilar][hilar][hilar][hilar]

k-a-q

MPA (400+ posts)
Parents of 'Silent Bomber' Mohammed Rehman 'shocked'

Parents of 'Silent Bomber' Mohammed Rehman 'shocked':

Wake Up Pakistan

BC Bakwasss. Western propaganda. Only Mad person expose his plans on internet.

Total Bull Shiiiiit make up story like Indians do.

Sohail Shuja

yaha cheekh pukar raula kyo pad gaya hai ? yeh dono pakistani hai kya ?

[hilar][hilar][hilar][hilar][hilar][hilar][hilar][hilar][hilar][hilar][hilar][hilar][hilar]

Pardon me if I am mistaken but it looks as if you are from India, I guess?

Sohail Shuja

Yaar mujhy to report main 3 chezain samajh nhi aa rahi

1- Tweet ka context kia tha? aisay to Quran main bhi likha huwa hay k "matt jao namaz k nazdeek".... laikin yeh to aadhi baat hay, poori aayt hay k "mat jao namaz k nazdeek jab k halat e nasha main ho". Bhai sb, baat yeh hoti hay k social media pe naam to buht saaray mil jayengay.... iss forum pe bhi aisay aisay mil jayengay k dosri dafa parhnay ki zaroorat mehsoos hoti hay.

2- Online cheezain kharidi hain to woh ship kis tarha sey hui uss tak.... kya UK k postal check walay jo aik zamanay main anthrax tak ko bhi check ker laitay thay, aaj kal un k suraagh rasan sagg (K9 dogs) kya bhang pee k paray huay hain ?

3- Video main mujhy to aik patakhay k barabar koi cheez dikhai di hay aur uss ka dmaka bhi itna hi ho ga jitna kisi "Shab-baraat" k patakhay ka hota hay.... camera daikhain to wapas nhi gaya k jaa k bataye k kya waqai uss dhamakay sey cycle tabah ho gayee thi?

To khawateen o hazrat, yeh bachay koi local bigray huay bachay hain jo UK main sharaab k saath saath crack coccaine peenay k bhi aadi hotay hain...inn ko aam taur pe wahan ki zubaan main BBCD, yaani British Born Confused Desi kaha jaata hay. Aisay aksar waqiyaat wahan k gali koochon main hotay rehtay hain. Iss khabar ko iss time pe hype denay ki baat hay, iss ki buht bari "social repercussions" hoti hain...

Last edited:

k-a-q

MPA (400+ posts)
Your statement is a statement of denial. This story is not just about the arrest of the couple but a court verdict. It means it was well prosecuted and investigated. Proofs and evidence were presented to the court and the judge found both husband and wife guilty. See few more "gems" from this would be suicide bomber:

The court heard how the couple, who wed in secret in a traditional Islamic ceremony, immersed themselves in ISIS and Al Qaeda propaganda and idolised 7/7 bomber Shehzad Tanweer.
Officers then raided Rehman's home in Reading, Berkshire, where they found 10kg of nitrate explosives - double the amount of powder used in the failed 21/7 London bombings.
In one tweet, Rehman referred to the tenth aniversary of the 7/7 attacks and told a follower: 'Are you actually trying? Why don't you head to the London Underground on the 7th of July if YOU got the balls.'

2F8C79B800000578-0-image-a-20_1450693660629.jpg

In other tweets, he boldly stated 'I'm preparing for an Istishaadi [martyrdom] operation' and bragged: 'Now I just make explosives in preparations for kuffar lol & when I've made the required amount I'll be wearing them on my chest'.
The prosecution said the would-be bomber was just days away from completing the device which would have caused multiple casualties in the capital.
Rehman's online research showed he approved and 'wished to play his own part'. He had written out a pledge of allegiance to ISIS leader Abu Bakr Al-Baghdadi and also stashed a Jihadi John style hunting knife in his bedroom.

He also had explosives and bomb-making manuals on his phone and computer.

The officer said Rehman's boast that he was 'locked and loaded' raised concerns, and when he made contact Rehman told him: 'The only most effective attack would be a martyrdom op'.

2FAB933900000578-3377728-image-a-97_1451410076001.jpg

Rehman tweeted from an account calling himself 'Silent Bomber'

2FAB930500000578-3377728-image-a-89_1451407657373.jpg

The chemical-stained clothing worn by Rehman, which was found in a bin bag by police in a raid on his home

2FAB932100000578-3377728-image-a-90_1451407661377.jpg

This picture shows a page from a notebook recovered by police on which Rehman has written a detailed list for producing an IED

2F8B7EF800000578-0-image-a-15_1450693524388.jpg

Chemicals were being prepared for a massive bomb, which was just days away from completion, the court heard. Pictured, some of the chemicals that were seized from Rehman's Reading home

2F8B7F0100000578-0-image-a-16_1450693530050.jpg

Detectives found equipment at Rehman's home which was used in preparation for the foiled attack

2F8B7F0A00000578-0-image-a-17_1450693563892.jpg

This 'Jihadi John-style' hunting knife was also uncovered during the police raid on Rehman's home

Read more at
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ing-centre-10th-anniversary-7-7-bombings.html

RAW AGENT

poor fellows , they are being targeted because they are muslim , they belong to religion of peace . how can they ?

Sohail Shuja

Your statement is a statement of denial. This story is not just about the arrest of the couple but a court verdict. It means it was well prosecuted and investigated. Proofs and evidence were presented to the court and the judge found both husband and wife guilty. See few more "gems" from this would be suicide bomber:

The court heard how the couple, who wed in secret in a traditional Islamic ceremony, immersed themselves in ISIS and Al Qaeda propaganda and idolised 7/7 bomber Shehzad Tanweer.

May be you are right.

Officers then raided Rehman's home in Reading, Berkshire, where they found 10kg of nitrate explosives - double the amount of powder used in the failed 21/7 London bombings.
From where these controlled nitrate compounds came into his custody? What the law enforcing departments were doing about it? The only well known Nitrate Explosive used in IEDs is TNT... which does not look like this and cannot be synthesized in a home lab.... the other source are the "Nitrogen Fertilizers", which are already sold like prescription drugs, even in Pakistan...

In other tweets, he boldly stated 'I'm preparing for an Istishaadi [martyrdom] operation' and bragged: 'Now I just make explosives in preparations for kuffar lol & when I've made the required amount I'll be wearing them on my chest'.

Why would anyone write "LOL" on such a serious note??

and people sometime have knives bigger than this one at common shops in the UK... how does it relate to the story?

Moreover, as I said, things like these tend to happen every now and then in UK and why it is only the cases with Muslim ancestry given so much limelight???

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...vacuated-improvised-explosive-device-bin.html

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...ritish-man-shouting-bomb-threat-a6792711.html

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3367575/Air-France-flight-forced-land-Kenya-bomb-scare.html

I am not trying to say that all of this is a make up story, it must be true to some of its bits... but it is not the whole truth, but rather a distorted version of the truth, where things are taken too far beyond the original potential of the crime

Last edited:

k-a-q

MPA (400+ posts)
You must have overlooked the video in post 9. At timeline 1:17 it clearly shows marked packets of Hexamethylene triperoxide diamine (HMTD) and other stuff. HMTD is a highly explosive organic compound. See the post 1 carefully, where there is content from social media post of the would be suicide bomber posting several pictures of "Test detonation of my 'key to paradise' 35 pounds of HME (Home Made Explosives)".

Rest of you post is irrelevant to this thread and mere speculations as there is no parallel with other incidences. This case is proved in the
court of law.
May be you are right.

Sohail Shuja

You must have overlooked the video in post 9. At timeline 1:17 it clearly shows marked packets of Hexamethylene triperoxide diamine (HMTD) and other stuff. HMTD is a highly explosive organic compound. See the post 1 carefully, where there is content from social media post of the would be suicide bomber posting several pictures of "Test detonation of my 'key to paradise' 35 pounds of HME (Home Made Explosives)".

Rest of you post is irrelevant to this thread and mere speculations as there is no parallel with other incidences. This case is proved in the
court of law.

1- I never missed that, part at 1:17, rather my point emanated from the script of the orator at the same time that "he bought things online"... is it possible to get these things online and get them shipped to you at your doorstep? specially in UK ?

2- However, I could not see the whole name of the compound as it was half covered. But, if he had the whole synthesized compound (which is really very unstable and I wonder how it reached him via internet shopping), then why he had to have all that lab equipment? As far as I know, HMTD is a ready to use compound. No point in having all those beakers and flasks.

3- There are many cases proved in the court of law... where the decisions had been reversed in 'partial closed' hearings in a plea or challenge to revise/reconsider... so what goes behind closed doors, remains behind closed doors ;) not much known to the public. Having conviction from one court does not guarantee a final word. (http://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/...n-terror-secret-trial-erol-incedal-not-guilty).

4- The other referral news I shared were to give ppl an idea that how common are these type of incidences in the west. The point is that why and how are we giving hype to something. It may have very deep political connotations and motives, for a specific time and place. But it requires some analytical thinking to be watchful of a conspiracy and yes, I acknowledge that I believe in many conspiracies... I don't take everything at their face value... as I don't think that the sun which rises every morning is just a Sun and it rises as if it rises... no, I believe in a reason behind it

Last edited: