Sex Workshop in Pakistan

G

???? ????
[attachment=0:2h72fo7f]pakistan celebrations asif ali zardari.jpg[/attachment:2h72fo7f]

abduttawwab

MPA (400+ posts)

What's the point of view of muttaheda on this? would somebody from altaf-group tell how do they see this issue?

Any protest?
Any Black Banners?
Any Wall Chalking?
Any action from MQM's Coalition Govt?
Any open letter to Supreme Court CJ?
Any Strike?

OR again complete silent ................................... ? ..... Since for them it's not an important issue !!!

abduttawwab

MPA (400+ posts)
abduttawwab said:

What's the point of view of muttaheda on this? would somebody from altaf-group tell how do they see this issue?

Any protest?
Any Black Banners?
Any Wall Chalking?
Any Strike?

OR again complete silent ................................... ? ..... Since for them it's not an important issue !!!

??? ???? ?? ?????? ????? ?? ?????? ?????? ?? ?????? ??? ???? ???? ?? ????? ??? ????? ??? ??????? ?????? ???? ?? ?? ??????? ?? ???? ????? ?????? ????
??? ???? ???? ?????

abduttawwab

MPA (400+ posts)
xpakistani said:
abduttawwab said:
abduttawwab said:

Any protest?
Any Black Banners?
Any Wall Chalking?
Any Strike?

??? ???? ?? ?????? ????? ?? ?????? ?????? ?? ?????? ??? ???? ???? ?? ????? ??? ????? ??? ??????? ?????? ???? ?? ?? ??????? ?? ???? ????? ?????? ????
??? ???? ???? ?????

bilkul subh kaam inlogoon nain kerney hain or tum internet pay apni bari see .....

Subhan-Allah!!

xpakistani, teri id say teri aoquat ka andaza to tha hi, laikin jab to nay bola to pata chala keh to un logoan main say hay jo mun say bhi hagtay hain
keep it up!

abduttawwab

MPA (400+ posts)
Spartacus said:
xpakistani said:
abduttawwab said:

Any protest?
Any Black Banners?
Any Wall Chalking?
Any Strike?

bilkul subh kaam inlogoon nain kerney hain or tum internet pay apni bari see ...

Oyeee Haath halka Rukh Bhai xpakistani >>>> Yeah Loog Sirf Yahi Ker Saktain Hain>>>>They ( Punjabis) , insulted bangalis too much that Bangalis decided to part away from minority ( west pakistan )>>>>
Nowadays they are insulting Muhajirs >>> let see what name of the country Muhajir will select. As I remember Bangalis selected Bangladesh.

abduttawwab, do you know where is Hera Mundy >>>>Say to PML-N , they should go there and protest , and not only sit and destroy the rest pakistan from Raiwind palace>>>>as well as the next sex worker work shop will be held in punjab and in Islamabad >>>Stop this if you can.

Give any single leader,s name of PML-N,PPPP , ANP , PML-Q who showed their protest about this news ( Please with proof ( like TV , youtube) and not only newspaper statement ).

how do u know that I am pujabi speaking?

My point is very simple, most of the political parities keep silent on real and serious issues of Pakistan, no exception for ppp, anp, qml, nml etc etc
The question is when altaf-group can fill walls with and chalking black banners on fake videos of sawat, why they dont protest and pressurize govt. on real issues?

aBis

Politcal Worker (100+ posts)
why there is a diversion from the topic and instead of any feedback we start fighting, heera mandi and brothels in islamabad and karachi had been their since 70's, like i know in zamzama street there are 2 brothels, and if i remember correctly one is operated by a guy named aqeel and only people with references are allowed, another guy faisal operates from a bunglow in gulshan-e-iqbal and has more than 50 girls mainly from punjab, the cops are involved because they are paid well and they get the support from the govt. because ministers need them girls for their parties.

don't blame any political party because all of them benefits from it one way or another

G

??? ?? ????? ??? ???? ?? ????? ??? ????? ??? ???
???? ????? ??? ??? ???? ???

naveed66

Politcal Worker (100+ posts)
[pk flag] Aray Altaf Bhai [altaf] Wah wah Churan hi churan Mubarik Ho Bhuta Khoori Ka Ake aur darwaza khull gaya

abduttawwab

MPA (400+ posts)
taha said:
??? ?? ????? ??? ???? ?? ????? ??? ????? ??? ???
???? ????? ??? ??? ???? ???

??? ???? ??? ??? ???? ?? ?? ????? ?? ??? ? ???? ?????? ????? ???? ?? ?? ??????? ?? ???? ??? ??? ??? ?? ?? ???? ??????? ???? ?? ??? ?????? ??????

mdnod

Citizen
WAH WAH- GIEY PAKISTAN- HAM EIK AZAD QOM HAIN, HUKUMAT" TAWAIFON" PAR TAX LAGA KAR, INCOM INCREASE KARAY-

mdnod

Citizen
shaheedchoudry said:
Spartacus said:
YOUR PARENTS DID POOR JOB IN BRINGING YOU UP. LOOK AT THE LANGUAGE IN ABOVE POST OF YOURS.
ALLAH K NABI(S A W) NAY "JO APNAY BAP KO GALI DAY WOH JAHANNUMI HAY,SAHABA NAY KAHA "APNAY BAP KO KON GALI DETA HAY, ALLAH K RASOOL (S A W) NAY FARMAYA " TUM KISI K BAP KO GALI DOGAY,WOH JAWAB MAIN TUMHARAY BAP KO GALI DEGA- ALLAH KAMI BESHI MOAF FAR MAIEY-

AB MAIN KIA AAP K PARENTS K BARAY MAIN LIKHOON--------

shaheedchoudry

Minister (2k+ posts)
mdnod said:
shaheedchoudry said:
Spartacus said:
YOUR PARENTS DID POOR JOB IN BRINGING YOU UP. LOOK AT THE LANGUAGE IN ABOVE POST OF YOURS.
ALLAH K NABI(S A W) NAY "JO APNAY BAP KO GALI DAY WOH JAHANNUMI HAY,SAHABA NAY KAHA "APNAY BAP KO KON GALI DETA HAY, ALLAH K RASOOL (S A W) NAY FARMAYA " TUM KISI K BAP KO GALI DOGAY,WOH JAWAB MAIN TUMHARAY BAP KO GALI DEGA- ALLAH KAMI BESHI MOAF FAR MAIEY-

AB MAIN KIA AAP K PARENTS K BARAY MAIN LIKHOON--------
LOOK SPARTACUS, BRAVE PEOPLE DO NOT DISGUISE AND ANSWER LIKE COWARDS. YOU JUST CREATED A NEW ID AND ANSWERED BY THIS NEW ID. I WILL STILL INSIST THAT YOU HAVE BEEN KNOCKED OUT. REMEMBER, ONCE YOU USE THAT TYPE OF LANGUAGE MEANS YOU HAVE LOST THE ARGUEMENT.

G

UN funded campaign boost sex workers confidence in Pakistan

aslamualikum dear brothers and sisters ASLAMUALIKUM
mae app say yae news share kerna chta hon aur app logon ko almi taqtoon ka asal chera dikhna chta hon k wo pakistan mae funds key naam per kiya begearti aur behodgi koperwan chera rehy hean , aur hamry begeart hukmran pesa ley ker kaboter ki terha ankhen band ker key bethy hean aur un ko wo bili nazaer nai arehi jo kabootr ko khany wali hae , :( ALLAh hum sab ko apni hafazat mae rekhy aur hum ko behayai aur burai key khilaf awaaz buland kerny ki taqat atta fermaen,,aameen,,

UN funded campaign boost sex workers confidence in Pakistan

Zeba Raman is a 28-year-old Pakistani sex worker. Born into the profession in Karachi's red light district of Napier Road, she plies her trade all over the city.

She is celebrating the launch of an initiative to promote health awareness among sex workers.

"We are now revealed to society," says Ms Raman.

But prostitution remains illegal and anathema to many in Muslim-majority Pakistan. It is an ever-present fact of life, but never really acknowledged.

The last two decades, given the increasing Islamisation of Pakistani society, have further reinforced stereotypes about such women.

But the profession has only grown. Karachi alone has at least 100,000 female sex workers, according to data gathered by local welfare organisations.

Lahore has 75,000 sex workers while the military garrison town of Rawalpindi has at least 25,000.

'Spirit of openness'

Pakistan's first workshop on health awareness among sex workers has contributed to a new spirit of openness in the profession.

"Earlier we were doing our jobs secretly, but now we can raise our voice for our rights," Ms Raman says.

The three-day event was recently held in Karachi by Gender & Reproductive Health Forum (GRHF) - a local social welfare organisation - in collaboration with the United Nations Fund for Population (UNFPA).

"I am very happy that a number of sex workers attended the workshop," says Ms Raman.

"This has provided us an opportunity to gather and exchange views and experiences."

She is not the only one to have benefited.

"I became a sex worker five years back," says Nadia, 26.

Nadia said that she learned about safe sex measures at the workshop.

"I had heard about HIV/Aids, but I thought that it could only be transmitted through blood transfusions.

"I did not know that precautionary measures should be taken during sex as well," she said.

Before the workshop, most sex workers who attended did not know about measures for safe sex, Nadia added.

Dr Ghulam Murtaza, the head of the GRHF and the man behind the workshop, said the organisation was working to create awareness of safe sex among female sex workers.

Ms Raman said she drew a lot of confidence from the workshop
"It was very difficult to gather sex workers under one roof. Many were simply afraid of being arrested," he said.

"We offered several incentives and assurances and paid them 1,000 rupees ($20) per day for their attendance," he said.

"Finally, we succeeded in gathering almost 100 sex workers at the workshop held at a local hotel."

Most of the sex workers who attended avoided the cameramen there, saying they were afraid of being exposed to their families.

Many said their husbands or family members did not know they were sex workers. They told their families that they worked for private firms.

Despite these barriers, Dr Murtaza said the workshop had been successful.

"We have trained some female sex workers. They will now go to their community to create awareness among their co-workers."

'Reinvigorated'

The international participants at the workshop were of the view that Pakistan was still relatively safe as far as HIV/Aids was concerned.

The UNFPA representative, Dr Safdar Kamal Pasha, said at least 100 HIV-positive sex workers had been found in central Punjab. But the number of HIV-positive women was not high among female sex workers in Pakistan.

"It can be controlled by creating awareness about the disease among sex workers and about usage of precautionary measures," he said.

The workshop was widely considered to be a success and Dr Pasha said they were considering organising a national convention for sex workers next year.

The sex workers themselves were moved by the workshop.

"Having attended the workshop, I feel reinvigorated," Zeba Raman declares.

"I can now continue with my profession with more confidence."

http://www.pakistanintellectuals.co...-in-pakistan&catid=19:pakistan-news&Itemid=75

Wadaich

Prime Minister (20k+ posts)
Mubarak Ho, Sar Utha Kay Jeo, Humein Muhazab Banaya Ja Raha hey?

:13:............way that appreciates the professions for prostitutes (*****s) and encourages them to continue it with dignity- that too in a Muslim country with Islamic laws and constitutions where the profession and acts like such are not only prohibited by law but also punished- is I believe worth a thousands condemnations!

http://www.haqeeqat.org/2009/08/29/...s-promoting-illegal-prostitution-in-pakistan/

digitalzygot

Senator (1k+ posts)
He's such a weiner, he's trying to dramaticize the whole thing and the way he's describing is provocative just to infuriate. I know it sounds bad but the news was in dawn too and aim of workshop was to give information to sex workers about HIV and other STD's, these workers might be spreading the disease and it's just sad and alarming, it shouldn't be happening in Pakistan but lets face it, it's happening at underground level. If such workshops help such workers in preventing diseases I don't see a problem, lets not be judging people, no one wants to be in such a position, it's just extremely sad. If the media is so worried may be they should form charity groups and help such sex workers in whatever way they can and push government to help them secure jobs and get out of the profession.