SC rejects Mukhtaraan Mai Appeal

Rana Tahir Mahmood

Senator (1k+ posts)
4-21-2011_68707_1.gif

http://www.jang.com.pk/jang/apr2011-daily/21-04-2011/updates/4-21-2011_68707_1.gif

moazzamniaz

Chief Minister (5k+ posts)
Re: SC rejects Mukhtaraan Mai Appeal - News Article

اس بی بی کو اگر یھاں انصاف نا بھی ملا تو قیامت کے دن ضرور ملے گا. باقیوں کو بھی تھوڑی بہت سزا تو ملنی چاہیے ، لیکن میرا سوہنڑا پاکستان !!!!! انشاللہ آہستہ آہستہ ایک دن ہر چیز ٹھیک ہو گی، جب تخت اور سر اچھالے جائیں گے

Muhammad Tauseef A. Bajwa

Senator (1k+ posts)

اس بی بی کو اگر یھاں انصاف نا بھی ملا تو قیامت کے دن ضرور ملے گا. باقیوں کو بھی تھوڑی بہت سزا تو ملنی چاہیے ، لیکن میرا سوہنڑا پاکستان !!!!! انشاللہ آہستہ آہستہ ایک دن ہر چیز ٹھیک ہو گی، جب تخت اور سر اچھالے جائیں گے
.........................................................................................................

Most members on this forum are carried away easily by such reports. "Mukhtaraan Mai" case was highlighted by media hype otherwise more heinous crimes happens in interior Sind and "Southern Punjab where "Makhdooms" are Phaross of present times. Her case was not 100% as reported. When Punjab Governor, Lt.General Khalid Maqbool & CM; Punjab visited the village and her case became Flash Point she raised to stardom within nights. SHE visited Governor House together with her brother and later female NGOs took her to Western Countries where she gave lectures (Though herself illiterate) on plight of women back home.

She appeared in Aik Din GEO Kay Saath with Sohail Warriach showing her Educational Work in a remote area in the capacity of a well funded NGO chairperson. (Mind it her personal credentials were merely a gang raped Woman). Nail in the coffin was laid when SHE was awarded a PhD degree in Canada few months earlier. Now shes most well connected lady who married a constable in her native Goth (Village). Hope it explains her earlier links and connections with local Police before her famous reported incidence in print and electronic media. "Mukhtaraan Mai" is a celebrity now! Thanks for your human concern/sympathy for her above Supreme Court of Pakistan. Your sense of justice is questionable!

moazzamniaz

.........................................................................................................

Most members on this forum are carried away easily by such reports. "Mukhtaraan Mai" case was highlighted by media hype otherwise more heinous crimes happens in interior Sind and "Southern Punjab where "Makhdooms" are Pharos’s of present times. Her case was not 100% as reported. When Punjab Governor, Lt.General Khalid Maqbool & CM; Punjab visited the village and her case became “Flash Point” she raised to stardom within nights. SHE visited Governor House together with her brother and later female NGO’s took her to Western Countries where she gave lectures (Though herself illiterate) on plight of women back home.

She appeared in “Aik Din GEO Kay Saath” with ‘Sohail Warriach’ showing her “Educational Work” in a remote area in the capacity of a well funded NGO chairperson. (Mind it her personal credentials were merely a gang raped Woman). Nail in the coffin was laid when “SHE” was awarded a PhD degree in Canada few months earlier. Now she’s most well connected lady who married a constable in her native Goth (Village). Hope it explains her earlier links and connections with local Police before her famous reported incidence in print and electronic media. "Mukhtaraan Mai" is a celebrity now! Thanks for your ‘human’ concern/sympathy for her above Supreme Court of Pakistan. Your sense of justice is questionable!
١- اگر ہمارا ظالم اور بوسیدہ نظام انصاف مختاراں مائی کو انصاف دے دیتا تو یہ آگے سٹوری ہی نا چلتی. سلیبرٹی اس مکروہ نظام نے بنایا ہے ، جس نے دس بارہ دن تک تھانے میں مقدمہ ہی درج ہی نا ہونے دیا

٢- مجھے سب ظلم کا شکار خواتین سے ہمدردی ہے، لیکن مختاراں مائی سے کوئی حسد بھی نہیں

٣- پی ایچ ڈی اور سب دولت بھی اسی گلے سڑے سسٹم کی مرہون منت ہے کہ دنیا اس قدر مشکلات کے باوجود اسکے اپنے حق میں آواز بلند کرنے کو سراہ رہی ہے. ظاہر ہے کہ یورپ یا امریکہ میں اگر کوئی خاتون اسی جرم کو رپورٹ کرتی تو قانون خوبخود حرکت میں آتا، مجرم پکڑے جاتے اور یہ سب کچھ نا ہوتا. یہ سب ڈگریاں اور ایوارڈز دراصل ہمارے تھانہ کلچر اور قانونی نظام کے منہ پر طمانچہ ہیں

٤-مختاراں مائی میرے اپنے شہر جتوئی- علی پور سے تعلق رکھتی ہے. اسلئیے یہ "پولیس سے دیرینہ تعلق" والی ہوائی سازشی تھیوری کو مہربانی فرما کر ایک طرف ہی رہنے دین. اور میں دو ہزار نو میں نیو یارک آیا ہوں. یہ کیسے تعلقات تھے کہ پورے دو ہفتے تک روزانہ تھانوں کے چکر کاٹنے کے باوجود پرچہ درج نا ہو سکا. ملزمان مستوئی قبیلے کو بھی خوب جانتا ہوں اور انکا پشت پناہ کرپٹ قیوم جتوئی بھی میرے حلقے سے ہے. شادی وغیرہ اور دولت کا استعمال اسکا ذاتی فعل ہے. تمام مجرموں کو سزا ضرور ملنی چاہیے

٥- حسن ظن بھی کسی چیز کا نام ہے، اسلئیے اچھا ہوتا کہ میری 'حس انصاف' اور 'انسانی ہمدردی' پر طنز و تشنیع کے تیر چلانے سے پہلے آپ میری راۓ کی وجہ پوچھ لیتے

Last edited:

Senator (1k+ posts)

١- اگر ہمارا ظالم اور بوسیدہ نظام انصاف مختاراں مائی کو انصاف دے دیتا تو یہ آگے سٹوری ہی نا چلتی. سلیبرٹی اس مکروہ نظام نے بنایا ہے ، جس نے دس بارہ دن تک تھانے میں مقدمہ ہی درج ہی نا ہونے دیا

٢- مجھے سب ظلم کا شکار خواتین سے ہمدردی ہے، لیکن مختاراں مائی سے کوئی حسد بھی نہیں

٣- پی ایچ ڈی اور سب دولت بھی اسی گلے سڑے سسٹم کی مرہون منت ہے کہ دنیا اس قدر مشکلات کے باوجود اسکے اپنے حق میں آواز بلند کرنے کو سراہ رہی ہے. ظاہر ہے کہ یورپ یا امریکہ میں اگر کوئی خاتون اسی جرم کو رپورٹ کرتی تو قانون خوبخود حرکت میں آتا، مجرم پکڑے جاتے اور یہ سب کچھ نا ہوتا. یہ سب ڈگریاں اور ایوارڈز دراصل ہمارے تھانہ کلچر اور قانونی نظام کے منہ پر طمانچہ ہیں

٤-مختاراں مائی میرے اپنے شہر جتوئی- علی پور سے تعلق رکھتی ہے. اسلئیے یہ "پولیس سے دیرینہ تعلق" والی ہوائی سازشی تھیوری کو مہربانی فرما کر ایک طرف ہی رہنے دین. اور میں دو ہزار نو میں نیو یارک آیا ہوں. یہ کیسے تعلقات تھے کہ پورے دو ہفتے تک روزانہ تھانوں کے چکر کاٹنے کے باوجود پرچہ درج نا ہو سکا. ملزمان مستوئی قبیلے کو بھی خوب جانتا ہوں اور انکا پشت پناہ کرپٹ قیوم جتوئی بھی میرے حلقے سے ہے. شادی وغیرہ اور دولت کا استعمال اسکا ذاتی فعل ہے. تمام مجرموں کو سزا ضرور ملنی چاہیے

٥- حسن ظن بھی کسی چیز کا نام ہے، اسلئیے اچھا ہوتا کہ میری 'حس انصاف' اور 'انسانی ہمدردی' پر طنز و تشنیع کے تیر چلانے سے پہلے آپ میری راۓ کی وجہ پوچھ لیتے
...........................................................................................................

Read your sympathetic and elaborative reply with utmost sincerity and Im sorry to say that you played no active role in seeking justice for her even after having an old acquaintance (Being of same Village). Further, you claim to be knowledgeable about her entire efforts in seeking justice from Police. What a mockery! "Mukhtaraan Mai" registered gang rape case against ten (10) persons but her medical examination revealed only ONE rapist had committed this heinous act. Five accused were declared innocent after preliminary hearing when entire "State Machinery" was then, fully on her back. Other fours were also released by the court and the actual persons sentence was reduced to life imprisonment from death penalty. Is this act was really something astonishing or completely new for a man of your stature? Well, my only concern is why she was taken by NGOs to US for lectures on women plight in southern Punjab. I shall be further obliged if you through some light on her selection to run an educational NGO in your Goth (Village) to aware other down trodden females in vicinity of their human rights? Did it Stop such incidents?
Billion Dollars question is whats her personal effort or struggle for which she got a PhD from an acclaimed University in Canada? Come on no more false clarifications to protect a slut simply because she is personally known to you (For being of same place/origin).

pak4rule

Senator (1k+ posts)
So called supreme court exposed!

Dear Noman, supreme court give verdict on the evidence, proof and documentation and other legalities.

Bureaucracy in Pakistan is largely corrupt, incompetent and ineffective in administering the country.
Police you already know, might is right in this country only because above mentioned reasons.
They had loopholes due to which criminals get advantage, court many times said and remarks about these practices.
In Karachi most wanted and dangerous criminals got clean chit due to same facts.

I hope you will realise this. Court can not verdict without evidences and proof.

Last edited:

moazzamniaz

...........................................................................................................

Read your sympathetic and elaborative reply with utmost sincerity and I’m sorry to say that you played no active role in seeking justice for ‘her’ even after having an old acquaintance (Being of same Village). Further, you claim to be knowledgeable about her entire efforts in seeking justice from Police. What a mockery! "Mukhtaraan Mai" registered gang rape case against ten (10) persons but her ‘medical’ examination’ revealed only ONE rapist had committed this heinous act. Five accused were declared ‘innocent’ after preliminary hearing when entire "State Machinery" was then, fully on her back. Other fours were also released by the court and the actual person’s sentence was reduced to life imprisonment from death penalty. Is this act was really something astonishing or completely ‘new’ for a man of your stature? Well, my only concern is why ‘she’ was taken by NGO’s to US for lectures on women plight in southern Punjab. I shall be further obliged if you through some light on her selection to “run” an educational NGO in your Goth (Village) to aware other down trodden females in vicinity of their ‘human rights’? Did it “Stop” such incidents?
Billion Dollars question is what’s her personal effort or struggle for which she got a PhD from an acclaimed University in Canada? Come on no more false clarifications to protect a slut simply because ‘she’ is personally known to you (For being of same place/origin).
آپ کو کس نے بتا دیا کہ میں نے رول ادا کیا یا نہیں؟؟؟؟؟اور جس نے رول ادا نہیں کیا ، کیا وہ راۓ نہیں دے سکتا؟؟؟ یہ کس قسم کا جواز ہے. اور شہر سے مراد گاؤں نہیں کہ وہ میری ذاتی جاننے والی تھی، نا ہی میں نے یہ لکھا ہے. کہنے سے مراد یہ تھا کہ 'پولیس سے دیرینہ تعلقات' والی ہوائی باتوں سے پرہیز کریں. اور میں پولیس اور عدالتی سسٹم سے بھی واقف ہوں. مستوئی قبیلہ سردار کوڑے خان جتوئی کی چار ہزار ایکڑ زمین کا مالک ہے. سیاسی دباؤ اور رشوت سے جیسے کیس کو بے جان کیا جاتا ہے ، سب کو معلوم ہے. اپنے سسٹم، خاندانی اور روایتی دباؤ اور معاشرتی رسومات کے باوجود ظلم کے خلاف آواز بلند کرنا میرے خیال میں بہت بہادری ہے. باقی ڈگریوں اور لیکچرز کا میں نے بتا دیا ہے کہ اگر قانون اور انصاف کا نظام مستحکم ہوتا تو شاید نا تو یہ ظلم ہوتا، اور اگر ہوتا بھی تو پرچہ درج ہوتا اور نا ہی میڈیا میں آتا. یہ پاکستانی قانونی نظام کی خامی ہے کہ اسے بین الاقوامی شہرت ملی. دوسروں سے میری مراد پنچایتی ہیں ، جنہوں نے اس بھیانک ظلم کی اجازت دی

جہاں تک میری معلومات ہیں، وہ ان پڑھ اور مطلقہ تھی اور والدین کے گھر بچوں کو قرآن کی تعلیم دیتی تھی. یہ "فاحشہ" جیسے الزامات کا بوجھ اٹھانا میرے بس کی بات نہیں. آپ شوق سے یہ کام جاری رکھیں

Last edited:

Abdul Allah

Minister (2k+ posts)

"Mukhtaraan Mai" registered gang rape case against ten (10) persons but her ‘medical’ examination’ revealed only ONE rapist had committed this heinous act. [/I][/COLOR][/SIZE]

If that is true then why to blame supreme court?

Senator (1k+ posts)

....................................................................................................

Just go on TOP to 1st post and read it again. Things will be crystal clear. Those who argue never reply to major questions! Why she was awarded a P.hd degree and how she transformed from 'Rags to riches". Who said " She was a virgin when raped"? Moreover, same emotional cover up that she used to teach "Qu'ran" to children. What was her relation with policeman before creating hype against a well known & powerful corrupt (Known to all in the area as stated by moazzamniaz here in above. Arguments for sake of arguments! Better let moazzamniaz reaps the benefits for having origional FIR.

moazzamniaz

بائیس مئی کو گینگ ریپ ہوا، اور تیس تاریخ کو میڈیکل ہو رہا ہے. سپرم چوبیس گھنٹے میں مر جاتے ہیں. اور تین سے چار دن میں عموما سب کچھ ختم ہو جاتا ہے. مختاراں مائی ایک باکرہ بھی نہیں تھی . کپڑوں پر دو سیمن کے نشانات ملے اور دو خراشیں. اب یہ کس قسم کا میڈیکل تھا، سواے خانہ پری کے. اور یہ کیسے پتہ چلا کہ ایک نے ریپ کیا یا کہ چار نے . میں خود ڈاکٹر ہوں، اور یہ آٹھ دن بعد والا میڈیکل صرف ایک ڈھکوسلا تھا. بھیا،پہلے اسکے بھائی کو ایک الزام لگا کرتین چار آدمی ریپ کرتے ہیں، محبوس بناتے ہیں، اور اسی بھائی کو پولیس کے حوالے کر دیتے ہیں اور پولیس اسی وقت آ کر لے جاتی ہے . پھر بعد میں باپ اور انکل کی موجودگی میں پکڑ کر کمرے میں لے جا کر مختاراں مائی کے ساتھ ریپ کیا جاتا ہے، اسے پھٹی قمیض میں بغیر شلوار سب کے سامنے گھمایا جاتا ہے اور "پولیس سے دیرینہ تعلقات" والی اس "فاحشہ"(بقول محترم بھائی) کا مقدمہ ہی درج نہیں ہوتا. اٹھائیس مئی کو لوکل امام مسجد لوگوں کو غیرت دلاتا ہے اور واقعہ میڈیا میں آتا ہے. اور اسکے بعد اسکا بھائی تھانے سے واپس گھر لایا جاتا ہے. بھائی کم از کم وکی پیڈیا پر کیس کی تفصیلات پڑھ لیں. دونوں خاندانوں کی حالت، دباؤ وغیرہ کیس کی ایک ایک سطر سے جھلکتا ہے. وکی پر ہی سارے سورسز اور انکی سائٹس بھی دی گئی ہیں. شکریہ
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mukhtaran_Bibi

Last edited:

shamsheer

Senator (1k+ posts)
Dear Noman, supreme court give verdict on the evidence, proof and documentation and other legalities.

I hope you will realise this. Court can not verdict without evidences and proof.
[hilar] and it does not have enough evidence against zardari. I am talking about the cases that are pending with supreme courty related to NRO and eligibility of zardari presidency that supreme court uses when badmash brother needs it.

Mughal1

I think solution of problems lies in knowing them and acknowledging them and in looking for their best solution not in sweeping them under the carpet.

Degrees are of two kinds, educatoinal and honorary. Educational degrees are awarded by higher education institutions on successful completion of courses but honorary degrees are awarded to people to honour them because they have done some thing extraordinary or courageous in social context.

http://www.siasat.pk/forum/showthread.php?50593-Javed-Ghamdi-Salman-Taseer-Asma-Jhangir-Khuda-ka-khof-karen-plz!-Nice-Column-by-Orya-Maqbool-Jan/page5

http://www.siasat.pk/forum/showthread.php?50607-Pakistan-religion-secularism-amp-tribalism

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V2muWwwmq9c&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zoA_h1oe9-M&feature=player_embedded

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TSku2Gj37JQ&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6AW1PQANFUU&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kUjyCAzZEFo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XirhIfgbJKI&feature=player_embedded#at=22

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jhvVYNYNQe0&feature=player_embedded

Last edited:

molson4u

Senator (1k+ posts)
Shame of supreme court and its judges.... Justice is only for mian nawaz sherif and family who spent million to restore this judicary and got out of a treason case that the previous court have them convicted. Justice is only given to rich people and poor have no right to justice. I am so hurt with this dicision and will never support this judicary...

pak4rule

Senator (1k+ posts)
[hilar] and it does not have enough evidence against zardari. I am talking about the cases that are pending with supreme courty related to NRO and eligibility of zardari presidency that supreme court uses when badmash brother needs it.

Dear Shamsheer, I understand why you stated such a point, and to some extent I do think the same way some time when I feel frustrated over LAW and Order situation of Pakistan but I hope you will consider the fact that LAW , Justice process, Court proceedings , Legalities are not that simple as a common person like us will give clear cut statement . You know that a lawyer is called devil coz its depend on usage.
I acknowledge that everything is not green here, I just wanted to say that certainly the case of this poor lady must have had loopholes in the investigation report that the court had to give such verdict.

QaiserMirza

Mukhtar Mai Case: Supreme Court Rejects Appeal Against LHC Verdict. What Now?

Mukhtar Mai Case: Supreme Court Rejects Appeal Against LHC Verdict. What Now?

ISLAMABAD: Upholding the Lahore High Courts verdict, the Supreme Courts three-judge bench acquitted five out of six suspects in the Mukhtaran Mai case on Thursday, DawnNews reported. However, the sixth suspect, Abdul Khalique will complete his life imprisonment sentence, the court stated in its verdict.

Speaking to journalists outside the Supreme Court, Mukhtaran Mai voiced a lack of confidence on the verdict and said that she that had lost faith in the judicial system. Human Rights organizations also condemned the release of the suspects in the Mukhtaran Mai case. When asked about a review of the Supreme Courts verdict, Mukhtaran Mai said she would take a decision on the matter after conferring with her lawyers.

Mukhtaran Mai was represented by public prosecutor, Advocate Atizaz Hassan.

In the Mukhtaran Mai case, Police submitted a challan against 14 suspects in the Anti-Terrorism Court in July 2002. The court declared the death sentence to six suspects and released the other eight. After the verdict of the Anti-Terrorism Court was handed out, five suspects were released by the Lahore High Courts Multan bench. Whereas, one suspects death sentence was changed to life imprisonment.

I did not receive justice today, hence I have left my fate in the hands of God, Mukhtaran Mai said while speaking to journalists from her house later. The release of the suspects has put my life in grave danger, she added.

We have written before about our respect for Mukhtar Mai, and how I have admired the grace and dignity under adversity that she has come to embody (here, here and here). I have detailed my own encounter with her and recounted how I saw this grace and dignity in practice. My view of her as a person and my dejection certainly sadness, and even anger at the decision of the three-judge bench cannot, therefore, be a surprise to anyone.

The verdict is not just a blow for Mukhtaran Mai (and the release of the accused could heighten the treats against her life) but it can and will be seen as another limp response to rape as a crime, a reflection of societal chauvinism, and a blow to womens rights in the country. Most importantly, the practical manifestation of the decision will be to deny closure to and to bring back into painful scrutiny the life of a woman who has already been through so much too much pain.

For all these reasons I am sad and angry at the decision. Of course, I realize that courts are meant to make decisions on the evidence available and the laws as stated (in principle, the system of justice works only if the idea that everyone even the patently guilty is innocent until proven guilty) and also that to accept the principle of an independent judiciary is also to accept the fact that the judiciary will sometimes make decisions that we will not like or agree with. Since I was not privy to the proceedings or to the details of the judgment from the three-judge bench, I do not know the legal minutia on which the judges made their decision. But, this is what I do know: I know that the social and political shadows of this decision will be deep and long certainly for Mukhtaran Mai herself, but for all women, and for all of society in Pakistan.

For all these reasons, I believe that the next step has to be to go back to the courts. I hope that Mukhtaran Mai will not allow the case to die just yet. My understanding is that the three bench decision can still be appealed once before the full bench of the Supreme Court. I hope that Mukhtar and her legal team will do so.

I realize the emotional cost of such a decision on Mukhtaran, especially given just how long this case dragged in the Supreme Court the first time around. But I also know the importance of doing so, if only for advancing the judicial discourse on this important issue.

What happened to Mukhtaran Mai cannot be reversed, nor will societys imbeded prejudices be over-turned by any one decision. But for those of us who believe that societal sanction for violence against women has to be over-turned, the battle for justice must go on; no matter how disheartened, sad or angry we may be at any one decision on any one day.

On the Twitter account in Mukhtar Mais name, a recent message read: No court can weaken my resolve to stand against injustice. I cannot agree with that sentiment more.

hammad78

MPA (400+ posts)
Re: Mukhtar Mai Case: Supreme Court Rejects Appeal Against LHC Verdict. What Now?

Justice Iftikhar should take notice of this

adnan_swati

Senator (1k+ posts)
Re: Mukhtar Mai Case: Supreme Court Rejects Appeal Against LHC Verdict. What Now?

koi jawah hi nahi bana .taqatwar kay darr say kamzoor chup ho jatay hain .na insafi hi haar burai burai ki jar hai

M_Adnan.L

Councller (250+ posts)
Allah ki adalat hai sub say bari. Haath uskay saamnay phelao jo kisi ka muhtaaj nahi... Inn judges k saamnay kia reham ki appeal karte ho