Saudi women call new day of defiance against driving ban

Muhkam

MPA (400+ posts)
photo_1379850711666-1-0.jpg

Saudi women activists have called for a new day of defiance next month of the long-standing ban on women driving in the ultra-conservative kingdom.

An online petition entitled "Oct 26th, driving for women" had on Sunday gathered more than 5,800 signatories, as activists try again to push authorities to end the unique ban.

"I will drive on October 26," activist Nasima al-Sada told AFP on Sunday, saying that some 20 women are going to take part in the campaign in the kingdom's Eastern Province.

"Many women are enthusiastic about learning to drive, or to teach other" women how to drive, she said, as many Saudi women have obtained abroad the driving licences they are denied in their homeland.

"There is not a single text in the Sharia Islamic law that prevents us (from driving). Any pretexts used to do that are based on inherited customs," said the online petition.

"Just as revered women (at the time of the prophet) rode horses and camels, it is our right to drive cars -- the mode of our modern age, unless you want us to go back to mules and horses," the petition said.

The last day of of defiance against the ban was on June, 17 2011, when few women answered a call to drive, with some stopped by police and forced to sign a pledge not to take to the wheel again.

"I can't drive because of the pledge I signed," said Najla al-Hariri, who took part in the protest in 2011, expressing strong support for the new campaign.

In addition to the driving ban, Saudi Arabia imposes other major restrictions on women, including a requirement to cover from head to toe when in public.

The 2011 call, which spread through Facebook and Twitter, was the largest mass action since November 1990, when 47 Saudi women were arrested and severely punished after demonstrating in cars.

http://en-maktoob.news.yahoo.com/saudi-women-call-day-defiance-against-driving-ban-115413040.html

dagreat123

Siasat.pk - Blogger
very weird country!! they treat women as objects ,respect on one side for saudi kingdom but they are very weird people what hard poor women can do if they drive a car!!

ali-raj

Chief Minister (5k+ posts)
Its Masharti Islam. I don't know what is the exact fear behind letting those women drive. but a women in Islam can ride, drive, work, fight, educate and Play as well, but keeping the laws of shariah intact, and same goes for a men too.

Niazi Hawk

Minister (2k+ posts)
Its Masharti Islam. I don't know what is the exact fear behind letting those women drive. but a women in Islam can ride, drive, work, fight, educate and Play as well, but keeping the laws of shariah intact, and same goes for a men too.
actullay during pbuh time women were not allowed to have a driving seat on camels...........that was the reason provided bu one of my friend when i inquired him abt this topic,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

such bolo

اصل مسلہ یہ نہیں که کار ڈرائیو کرنا شرعا جائز ہے که نہیں

اصل مسلہ یہ ہے که عورتوں کو اجازت دینے کی صورت میں پیدا ہونے والے شر کو روکنا ہے جسکا شکار عورتیں بھی ہونگی مگر اسکا احساس عورتوں کو نہیں (سعودی تناظر میں خاص طور پر)ھ

یہ ایسے ہی ہے جیسے ہم اپنے معاشرے میں بڑھتے عفریت اور بگاڑ کو سامنے رکھ کر بچے بچیوں کو گھر سے باہر نہیں نکالتے که یہ انکے تحفظ میں معاون و مددگار ہوتا ہے
اسی طرح ١٨ سال سے کم عمر کے لڑکوں تک کو ڈرائیونگ کی اجازت نہیں که اجازت دینے کی صورت میں بہت سے نقصانات ہیں

سعودی علما کی بصیرت اس معاملے میں ایسی ہی ہے...بہرحال وقت کے ساتھ ساتھ نظر یہ آ رہا ہے که دباؤ بڑھ رہا ہے حکومت پر اور بلآخر یہ اجازت دیدیجائیگی

ڈرائیو کی اجازت نا دینا چھوٹی مشکل ہے...اور ڈرائیو کی اجازت دینے کے بعد کی صورتحال بڑی مشکل ہے

عورت جتنا مرد کی کفالت اور مرد کی ذمہ داری کی دائرے
سے باہر آئیگی اتنا ہی کھجل ہوتی جائیگی
عورت دراصل آزاد نہیں هو رہی بلکہ مرد کو آزاد کر رہی ہے ذمہ داریوں سی اور اپنی ذمہ داریاں بڑھا رہی ہے..اپنے لئے مشکل خود پیدا کر رہی ہے
عورت نے ہمیشہ حقوق کے نام پر انتہائی چھوٹی اور کم درجے کی چیزوں کا تقاضہ کیا ہے
یہی وجہ ہے که حقوق تو کیا ملے عورت دو کوڑی کی ہوگئی اور ہوتی جا رہی ہے

Last edited:

Humi

Prime Minister (20k+ posts)
Saudi women should give it a break....it hurts male ego a lot when women drive...poor men...leave them alone you evil women! Stop trying to cause evil in the society!

Humi

Prime Minister (20k+ posts)
actullay during pbuh time women were not allowed to have a driving seat on camels...........that was the reason provided bu one of my friend when i inquired him abt this topic,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

the Prophet (PBUH) and his wife Aisha used to have camel races....I dont think that could have happened without her riding the camel..

Niazi Hawk

Minister (2k+ posts)
the Prophet (PBUH) and his wife Aisha used to have camel races....I dont think that could have happened without her riding the camel..
pbuh and hazrat aisha(ra) used to play inside their home,,,,,,,,,,,the problem is that women at that time were not allowed to ride on their own..........i dont know who much that can be applicable today,,,,,,,,,,,,,

hikmat

Banned
اصل مسلہ یہ نہیں که کار ڈرائیو کرنا شرعا جائز ہے که نہیں
اصل مسلہ یہ ہے که عورتوں کو اجازت دینے کی صورت میں پیدا ہونے والے شر کو روکنا ہے جسکا شکار عورتیں بھی ہونگی مگر اسکا احساس عورتوں کو نہیں (سعودی تناظر میں خاص طور پر)ھ
یہ ایسے ہی ہے جیسے ہم اپنے معاشرے میں بڑھتے عفریت اور بگاڑ کو سامنے رکھ کر بچے بچیوں کو گھر سے باہر نہیں نکالتے که یہ انکے تحفظ میں معاون و مددگار ہوتا ہے
اسی طرح ١٨ سال سے کم عمر کے لڑکوں تک کو ڈرائیونگ کی اجازت نہیں که اجازت دینے کی صورت میں بہت سے نقصانات ہیں

سعودی علما کی بصیرت اس معاملے میں ایسی ہی ہے...بہرحال وقت کے ساتھ ساتھ نظر یہ آ رہا ہے که دباؤ بڑھ رہا ہے حکومت پر اور بلآخر یہ اجازت دیدیجائیگی

ڈرائیو کی اجازت نا دینا چھوٹی مشکل ہے...اور ڈرائیو کی اجازت دینے کے بعد کی صورتحال بڑی مشکل ہے

عورت جتنا مرد کی کفالت اور مرد کی ذمہ داری کی دائرے
سے باہر آئیگی اتنا ہی کھجل ہوتی جائیگی
عورت دراصل آزاد نہیں هو رہی بلکہ مرد کو آزاد کر رہی ہے ذمہ داریوں سی اور اپنی ذمہ داریاں بڑھا رہی ہے..اپنے لئے مشکل خود پیدا کر رہی ہے
عورت نے ہمیشہ حقوق کے نام پر انتہائی چھوٹی اور کم درجے کی چیزوں کا تقاضہ کیا ہے
یہی وجہ ہے که حقوق تو کیا ملے عورت دو کوڑی کی ہوگئی اور ہوتی جا رہی ہے

یار تم نے تو مسلہ ہی ھل کر دیا. واقعی یہ شر سے بچنے کیلئے بھوت اچھا اقدام ہے. اور یہ تو واقعی میں آپ نے اپنا علمی دریا بھا دیا یہ کہ عورت دو کوڑی کی ہوگی اپنی حقوق لے کر. ماشاللہ

hikmat

Banned
Saudi women should give it a break....it hurts male ego a lot when women drive...poor men...leave them alone you evil women! Stop trying to cause evil in the society!
میں تو کہتا ہوں دفع اے شر کیلئے مردوں کی ڈرایونگ پر ببھی پابندی لگا دینی چاہئے. سعودی ویسے ہی تیل کی کمائی آ رہی گھر میں بیٹھ کے نماز روزہ کریں اور تمام شر سے مھفوز رہیں

ali-raj

Ok, it is basically related to physcial imbalance and some sexuality. but car is something else. Anyway, i've seen some arabian women and hell, they are more advance even after this much restrictions, and i can't imagine what they will do once without restrictions. but again, its their right.

lurker

I have a solution for all the young hot Saudi women who have transportation problems. They can marry me, upto 4 at a time. This way I can drive them around for free ofcourse. Islam bhi khush. Khawateen bhi khush. Aur meri bechari selfless sacrifice. :D

Imranpak

They don't want women to drive but it's perfectly acceptable for Saudi men to have affairs and give million's to Hollywood prostitutes.