Salman Rushdie attack was unjustifiable, says Pakistan’s Imran Khan

HIDDEN

Minister (2k+ posts)
muslims commit blasphemy day in day out. Cheating, fraud, stealing....some of the filthiest folks are found in 'our' muslim community. rapists, sodomizer...and we think we have the right to take someone else to task for blasphemy?
Blasphemy has a specific definition. Sorry, I can't defend that statement although I am a staunch supporter of PTI and Imran Khan.

Jazbaati

Minister (2k+ posts)
Why does he always have to speak on controversial topics?

Pehlay hi itnay enemies bana liay hain is nai... he should use his brain before speaking.

Maybe because the Guradian asked him such a question. I don't think IK would go out of his way to bring up Rushdie in an interview unless the Western press brings up the topic.
It is guaranteed that the press will always ask a muslim leader this type of question.

Saad Yaseen

Politcal Worker (100+ posts)

4012.jpg

Salman Rushdie attack was unjustifiable, says Pakistan’s Imran Khan​

In a wide-ranging Guardian interview, the former prime minister say he understands anger The Satanic Verses created ‘but you can’t justify what happened’

Pakistan’s former prime minister Imran Khan has condemned the attack on Salman Rushdie, describing it as “terrible” and “sad”, and saying that while the anger of the Islamic world at Rushdie’s book The Satanic Verses was understandable, it could not justify the assault.

Khan also said he expected Afghan women to “assert their rights” in the face of Taliban restrictions in a Guardian interview in which he sought to moderate his reputation as a firebrand. He is fighting for his political survival after being ousted from office in April. Khan says his staff and followers are being persecuted and intimidated and he is battling eight-year-old charges of illicit campaign financing that could lead to him being banned from politics.

Ten years ago, Khan pulled out of an event in India because Rushdie would also be appearing and the two men exchanged insults, but Khan does not appear to have expressed support for violent action against the Indian-born author. His denunciation of the attack is striking, however, in a region where most politicians have ducked comment.

Asked for his response to the knife attack in New York state that left Rushdie badly wounded, Khan said: “I think it’s terrible, sad.
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2...from-civil-unrest-after-ousting-of-imran-khan
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2...from-civil-unrest-after-ousting-of-imran-khan
“Rushdie understood, because he came from a Muslim family. He knows the love, respect, reverence of a prophet that lives in our hearts. He knew that,” Khan said. “So the anger I understood, but you can’t justify what happened.”

Watch this from 2:00

nawaz.sharif

Minister (2k+ posts)
Maybe because the Guradian asked him such a question. I don't think IK would go out of his way to bring up Rushdie in an interview unless the Western press brings up the topic.
It is guaranteed that the press will always ask a muslim leader this type of question.
Yeah but any sensible leader would have given a diplomatic answer

nawaz.sharif

Minister (2k+ posts)
then why did you make a comment in the first place? ?
nahi - I mean I don't want to go into quoting the hadiths etc ... kia pata kisi khabti ko koi baat buri lag jai ... and this is exactly the same reason I asked IK to avoid speaking on this issue

surfer

Chief Minister (5k+ posts)
nahi - I mean I don't want to go into quoting the hadiths etc ... kia pata kisi khabti ko koi baat buri lag jai ... and this is exactly the same reason I asked IK to avoid speaking on this issue
Fair enough, I'm no expert on haidths either, but I'm pretty sure majority of Islamic Jurisprudence would say individuals cannot take law into their own hands.

The western media is always looking to catch Muslims out on this topic. And if a politician is asked a question, they have to answer it. I think his answer was fine.

Jazbaati

Minister (2k+ posts)
Fair enough, I'm no expert on haidths either, but I'm pretty sure majority of Islamic Jurisprudence would say individuals cannot take law into their own hands.

The western media is always looking to catch Muslims out on this topic. And if a politician is asked a question, they have to answer it. I think his answer was fine.

IK's response was what the West like to hear. If he had said anything to justify it then they would be all over him and his statement would be plastered on news sites all over the world. Deep down every muslim would not shed a tear if Rushdie was sent to hell.

Will_Bite

Prime Minister (20k+ posts)
Blasphemy has a specific definition. Sorry, I can't defend that statement although I am a staunch supporter of PTI and Imran Khan.
Not asking for any defense. Its a matter of common sense. Hypocrisy is rife within muslims, more than any other religion.

Hunter1

Senator (1k+ posts)
it's like a TLP janooni kill a proven gustakh e rasool.. will that b ok ?
is it the job of an individual ?
if we do not like such killing in our country, how can v like it somewhere else..
I agree no one should take justice into its own hand, but I am quite on this because that guy has done blasphemy openly and officially and looks like he is proud of it,
but this will also encourage some people to kill some innocent in the name of blasphemy like what happened to a Sri Lankan guy so this is very complex to discuss, but I too don't want to see this guy alive

At least Imran Khan should not say that it is terrible and sad, it should say, no one should take justice into his own hand

obviously if you insult my mom and dad I will so what ever I can to hurt you agree or not