Sadhguru Calls Muslim Student a 'Talibani', LSE Students' Union Terms It 'Islamophobic'

imisa2

Senator (1k+ posts)

اس جعلی ست گرو کی ویڈیوز اس فورم کے لبرلز اسے "سیکولر سادھو سنت" سمجھ کر فورم پر خوب شئیر کیا کرتے تھے۔ اس وقت بھی عرض کیا تھا کہ یہ جعلی سادھو اندر سے ایک بدبودار ہندتوی ہے۔ اور وہی ہوا جب اس نیم پڑھے لکھے شخص کا سامنا لندن میں ایل ایس ای کے طلباء سے ہوا تو اندر سے جہالت ابل ابل کر باہر آنے لگی۔ محض سوال اٹھانے پر لوگوں پر فتوے ٹھوکنے لگا۔ آپ بھی خبر پڑھئے اور اس جعلی سنت سے بچئے۔

Sadhguru Calls Muslim Student a 'Talibani', LSE Students' Union Terms It 'Islamophobic'
The spiritual guru claimed he used the word to describe an 'ardent student' and that it is commonly used in India to refer to someone who is 'over enthusiastic'.

05/APR/2019

New Delhi: The London School of Economics’s (LSE) students’ union said it was “deeply disappointed” with reports that spiritual guru Sadhguru called a Muslim student a “Talibani” after a talk that he delivered in the university.
Sadhguru, whose real name is Jaggi Vasudev, delivered a talk at an event titled ‘Youth and Truth: Unplug with Sadhguru’. Later, he had a discussion with Bilal Bin Saqib, a Muslim student, during which he called the latter a “Taliban” and a “Talibani”, according to reports. The LSESU said it views the comments as Islamophobic.
In a statement, it said:

The LSESU confirms that such comments do not have a place on campus and are to be condemned. If the comments were made in jest, this does not lessen their impact – the words still offend. Such incidents, if not duly denounced, aggregate to create a culture where casual Islamophobia becomes acceptable and, as such, we implore Sadhguru to release a formal apology to the student body with regards to the statements made.
The union reached out to Vasudev for a statement, in which he responded that he did not intend to “abuse or insult” Bilal Bin Saqib. He claimed that he was “joking” and used the word “Taliban” in its Arabic sense, to mean an ‘ardent student’.
Also Read: Why Hindutva Nationalists Need a Sadhguru
He claimed he did not have it in his heart to insult anybody, “especially this wonderful young man with so many aspirations and intentions for the world”.
The statement said:

This small video clip of a private conversation, which has been mischievously edited, is unfortunate. I would like to tell all those concerned that the word ‘Taliban’ in Arabic means an ‘ardent student’, which Bilal definitely is, as also the other two students are. This term is always used in India in relation to someone who is over enthusiastic. It is in that context that I was joking with Bilal, it is very unfortunate that it has been projected this way.
Vasudev said if his comments “in anyway offended or insulted anybody, this was not the intent”. “I wish to anyway apologize to the London School of Economics and the Students Union, if it offended any of you in some way. My gratitude to the London School of Economics and the Students Union for having organised this event,” he said.
The LSESU retorted that it does not believe the comments were “mischievously edited”. It also said it had not come across reports of the word “Taliban” being used commonly in India to mean ‘over-enthusiastic’

LSESU stands firmly on our above stance and deem the comments to be Islamophobic. We do not believe the video was “mischievously edited” and have heard no reports supporting the common use of ‘Taliban’ in India as meaning over-enthusiastic.
The students’ union said “individuals who have many followers, hold power and status, and claim to promote tolerance, should be aware of and sensitive, to the political and extremist connotations attached to the word ‘Taliban’ in our current context”.
It said “casual Islamophobia” such as Vasudev’s comments “perpetuates the culture of misunderstanding and judgement”. “This is especially relevant given recent spates of terror against Muslims in Britain, New Zealand and around the world,” the union said.

Source

Last edited:

atensari

(50k+ posts) بابائے فورم
معافی مانگ لی، میں مذاق کر رہا تھا. لیکن ہندو کا بغض ظاہر ہو گیا

Last edited:

Aliimran1

Chief Minister (5k+ posts)
tenor.gif

Khan125

اس جعلی ست گرو کی ویڈیوز اس فورم کے لبرلز اسے "سیکولر سادھو سنت" سمجھ کر فورم پر خوب شئیر کیا کرتے تھے۔ اس وقت بھی عرض کیا تھا کہ یہ جعلی سادھو اندر سے ایک بدبودار ہندتوی ہے۔ اور وہی ہوا جب اس نیم پڑھے لکھے شخص کا سامنا لندن میں ایل ایس ای کے طلباء سے ہوا تو اندر سے جہالت ابل ابل کر باہر آنے لگی۔ محض سوال اٹھانے پر لوگوں پر فتوے ٹھوکنے لگا۔ آپ بھی خبر پڑھئے اور اس جعلی سنت سے بچئے۔

The spiritual guru claimed he used the word to describe an 'ardent student' and that it is commonly used in India to refer to someone who is 'over enthusiastic'.

05/APR/2019

New Delhi: The London School of Economics’s (LSE) students’ union said it was “deeply disappointed” with reports that spiritual guru Sadhguru called a Muslim student a “Talibani” after a talk that he delivered in the university.
Sadhguru, whose real name is Jaggi Vasudev, delivered a talk at an event titled ‘Youth and Truth: Unplug with Sadhguru’. Later, he had a discussion with Bilal Bin Saqib, a Muslim student, during which he called the latter a “Taliban” and a “Talibani”, according to reports. The LSESU said it views the comments as Islamophobic.
In a statement, it said:

The union reached out to Vasudev for a statement, in which he responded that he did not intend to “abuse or insult” Bilal Bin Saqib. He claimed that he was “joking” and used the word “Taliban” in its Arabic sense, to mean an ‘ardent student’.
Also Read: Why Hindutva Nationalists Need a Sadhguru
He claimed he did not have it in his heart to insult anybody, “especially this wonderful young man with so many aspirations and intentions for the world”.
The statement said:

Vasudev said if his comments “in anyway offended or insulted anybody, this was not the intent”. “I wish to anyway apologize to the London School of Economics and the Students Union, if it offended any of you in some way. My gratitude to the London School of Economics and the Students Union for having organised this event,” he said.
The LSESU retorted that it does not believe the comments were “mischievously edited”. It also said it had not come across reports of the word “Taliban” being used commonly in India to mean ‘over-enthusiastic’

The students’ union said “individuals who have many followers, hold power and status, and claim to promote tolerance, should be aware of and sensitive, to the political and extremist connotations attached to the word ‘Taliban’ in our current context”.
It said “casual Islamophobia” such as Vasudev’s comments “perpetuates the culture of misunderstanding and judgement”. “This is especially relevant given recent spates of terror against Muslims in Britain, New Zealand and around the world,” the union said.

Source
Shuru me main b iskey intellectual makeup se thora impress hoa. Jb thora mazeed dig kia to SALA ANDR SE MODI hi nikla.
Iska sara falsafa sirf aik NEHAYAAT AALA DRGEY KA MAKEUP HEY....
ANDER SE YE INTEHAEE EXTREEMIST KISAM KA HINDU HEY.
thanks for sharing.

atensari

(50k+ posts) بابائے فورم
He was in a lighter mode.
Whats wrong with that
طالبان نا ہوتے تو کتنے ہندو، کتنے لبرل اور کتنے یورپین لفظ طالبان سے متعارف ہوتے. گرو کو بھی نا پتہ ہوتا کے سٹوڈنٹس کو عربی میں طالبان کہتے ہیں. گفتگو سے صاف ظاہر ہے گرو نے لفظ طالبان اور طالبانی لغوی مفہوم میں استعمال نہیں کیا

atensari

(50k+ posts) بابائے فورم
لگتا ہے گررو آر ایس ایس، بجرنگ دل کا طالبان رہ چکا ہے

طالبان کا مطلب طالب علم یا سٹوڈنٹ ہوتا ہے

Funnay Khan

Politcal Worker (100+ posts)
Shuru me main b iskey intellectual makeup se thora impress hoa. Jb thora mazeed dig kia to SALA ANDR SE MODI hi nikla.
Iska sara falsafa sirf aik NEHAYAAT AALA DRGEY KA MAKEUP HEY....
ANDER SE YE INTEHAEE EXTREEMIST KISAM KA HINDU HEY.
thanks for sharing.
Ajmal kassais are very offended

asadqudsi

Senator (1k+ posts)
This guy is psychopathic fraud. Indian culture is perfect breeding ground for this type of fake gurus. You can see the psychopathic shine in his eyes.

Ali raza babar

Thank you for showing his lighter mode, Ali Raza Babar Talibani.
O sure i enjoy if an elder makes a joke,
Sadhguru is doing so much more for humanity and poor people than i am than you are.
So i respect him immensely.
May Allah reward Him with high Ranks in Jannah