Revival of Hockey

It is highly regrettable that PHF performance in lifting this game from doldrums is extremely poor. The main reason behind this state seems to be financial. it was reported in the media few years back that the hockey federation was found lacking in timely auditing and submitting their accounts to FBR and Ministry of Finance. i hope this practice has been improved. A body of such a sport which has been regarded a National game must revive itself to adopt better management measures and governance to address such issues.

Kam

Minister (2k+ posts)
It is highly regrettable that PHF performance in lifting this game from doldrums is extremely poor. The main reason behind this state seems to be financial. it was reported in the media few years back that the hockey federation was found lacking in timely auditing and submitting their accounts to FBR and Ministry of Finance. i hope this practice has been improved. A body of such a sport which has been regarded a National game must revive itself to adopt better management measures and governance to address such issues.
Leave hockey, we do not have 26 players for football. Less expensive and more revenue generating game.

Citizen X

President (40k+ posts)
Forget hockey, there is no money, fame or celebrity in hockey and overall people have lost interest in it, worldwide. And by modern standards not exciting enough. Everything has a its peak and its downfall.

Ever heard of Jai alai? Thought so. It was a highly popular game in the 70s and 80s in the US. It had televised events with big audiences, professional leagues, tournaments and championships. Today no ones even heard of the name.

Instead of wasting time and effort, let hockey die its natural death. You can't force people to like or support something they don't like.

Only 40 plus people even remember hockey in Pakistan