Raymond Davis was gold mine of information

asif86

MPA (400+ posts)
http://pakobserver.net/detailnews.asp?id=83312

Husain Haqqani may be replaced, Foreign agents in panic, some on the run

Raymond Davis was gold mine of information

Several arrests made after Davis startling disclosures, Lead helped smash anti-Pakistan networks, Over 330 US dubious nationals start moving back

Salim Ahmed

LahoreProving to be a gold mine of information, the recently released CIA contractor Raymond Davis unmasked deep rooted anti-Pakistan networks in the country leading to smashing them by the men from Counter Intelligence of security apparatus.

Sources close to those who investigated Davis, arrested on January 27 on murdering two Pakistanis in Lahore, confided to this scribe that arrest was a blessing in disguise as his startling disclosures inflicted a heavy blow to under-cover agents working against security interests of the country.

His arrest proved so important for Pakistan that over 330 US nationals engaged in sensitive activities have started leaving Pakistan besides exposing many other foreign agents and their local links and that was considered as a major breakthrough.

Davis, who was released on March 16 on payment of blood money, was so desperate and a broken man in the last days that he dished out very useful information leading to exposure of his local links in one-go.

According to sources, on his clues, six Americans were put under scan and some of the local connections were arrested after a long- trace. Two Americans are still untraceable. A few Europeans were put on watch- list including two agents from a powerful European State.

It was shocking to discover that several third country nationals were also in contact with foreign agents. The sources believed that Davis and his companions might have tried to bring some nationals from brotherly states into their fold.

According to sources, Davis disclosures created panic among the foreign agents and some of them are on the run or went into hiding.

Many people in Pakistan considered that his release was a loss to the country, but at the same time many others believed it was a winning situation for Pakistan as national security operators have succeeded in extracting useful information from his connecting gold mines.

Davis, who walked into his own laid down trap sent ripples across the political spectrum of the country.

The political and religious parties reacted sharply and the people took to the streets forcing the governments in Punjab and centre to take shelter under the courts. The pressure built by the parties forced the stakeholders to be on one page on his issue, staving off US tremendous pressure and threats.

The impact of this earthshaking event and US pressure on Pakistan to grant diplomatic immunity to Davis was so huge that ruling party Foreign Minister Shah Mehmood Qureshi and Foreign Office spokesman Abdul Basit became its prey.

The story will not end here as repercussions of Davis might engulf Pakistan ambassador Husain Haqqani. He may be replaced after expiry of his tenure in May next as he was being accused of issuing about 400 visas to likes of Davis in one day without observing the prescribed rules and regulations, Gulf Times reported.

According to The Daily, security agencies were disturbed with the way the Pakistani embassy issued visas to Americans that led to the influx of hundreds of CIA-linked people and defence contractors to Pakistan in the garb of diplomats.

These visas were blocked earlier after complaints were received in Islamabad that a lot of dubious characters had applied for visas and were being obliged, The daily quoting a diplomatic source said.

zeshaan

Chief Minister (5k+ posts)
Hussain haqani must have the all record of american who got the visa from pakistani embassy in washington. he is the responcible person regarding this matter.
Get hold of him and dont let him go.

usm100

Minister (2k+ posts)
Now we will be feed all these stories by agencies to make us believe that what they did was a good thing to leave him as we got everything out of him. Thats a total crap. I dont buy this agencies crap.

student

Senator (1k+ posts)
kisi bhai ne eik mahawara likha tha es tera ki news ke baray mai...
"Jab Samp nikal jaye tu lakeer peetnay se kiya faida.."

gazoomartian

Prime Minister (20k+ posts)
Hussain haqani must have the all record of american who got the visa from pakistani embassy in washington. he is the responcible person regarding this matter.
Get hold of him and dont let him go.

Its also possible that Davis was given a 'I talk, I walk' deal.

If a deal was made to free Davis in exchange for tangible information then he was correctly released.

Haqqani should actually be charged with criminal negligence in fulfilling his parliamentary assigned duty to protect and uphold the security of the country.

He should also be charged with breach of oath that he took at the ceremony when he took office.

But rest assure that he has already taken care of his possible sacking and charges. He will get receive his green card before he is sacked.

Also, govt of Pakistan should launch an investigation into how much $ he made in issuing the corrupt visa to Davis and his comrades and also include all the embassy staff in the US/UK and otehrs

AbdulRehman

Staff member

If a deal was made to free Davis in exchange for tangible information then he was correctly released.

Haqqani should actually be charged with criminal negligence in fulfilling his parliamentary assigned duty to protect and uphold the security of the country.

He should also be charged with breach of oath that he took at the ceremony when he took office.

But rest assure that he has already taken care of his possible sacking and charges. He will get receive his green card before he is sacked.

Also, govt of Pakistan should launch an investigation into how much $ he made in issuing the corrupt visa to Davis and his comrades and also include all the embassy staff in the US/UK and otehrs
Brother, you raised good points here.

FlyHigh

Senator (1k+ posts)

He holds duel nationality and he was a Professor at I believe University of Boston before coming to DC. He is US ambassador to Washington DC, his minor duties are to sometime us Pakistanis.

gazoomartian

Prime Minister (20k+ posts)
He holds duel nationality and he was a Professor at I believe University of Boston before coming to DC. He is US ambassador to Washington DC, his minor duties are to sometime us Pakistanis.

lo ji phir to usko charge karna na-mumkin hi hoga

I heard the he has applied for GC but no got it yet

student

Senator (1k+ posts)
Brother, is it not most important to mention, who authorized him to issue visas directly from his office without ISI clearance? PM Gilani. So we should blame whole government.... not only Haqqani.
and why shouldn't they let american enter into Pakistan? They are their elected candidates and not Pakistanis. Querishi was treated like trash once he tried to defend his country. Nobody can dare to take action against american, they cannot even talk against them... They wake up and take dictation from US ambassador and perform like puppet on media whole day. This is their job. They have made us baggers, whole nation is considered as slave worldwide.

GeoG

Chief Minister (5k+ posts)

US does not allow Dual nationality bro. He must have surrendered his Pakistani nationality if he has US Passport. My feeling is that just had Green card and not Nationality.