Prostitution should be legalised in India: MP Priya Dutt

KhanHaripur

Chief Minister (5k+ posts)
http://www.zoneasia-pk.com/ZoneAsia...-dutt&format=pdf&option=com_content&Itemid=68

priya.jpg
Supplanting her father as a beacon of hope for the marginalised women of Kamathipura, Congress MP Priya Dutt asserted her pro-legalisation stance regarding prostitution.
Also, she said, the sex workers of the area, currently facing dislocation, should be rehabilitated elsewhere in the city.
She even plans to meet Chief Minister Prithviraj Chavan to push for the cause.
After MiD DAY's report ('No Sex at Kamathipura', January 18) on how adherents of the world's oldest profession are being forced to evacuate on account of a proposed redevelopment of the area, Priya has been unsettled.
Distressed
The 44-year-old MP from Mumbai's North-Central constituency said she is distressed that neither builders, nor the government, nor their landlords, have any space to reintegrate the women.
Legitimising the trade, Priya thinks, will give the sex workers a minimal amount of recognition, so they can lead a life where the prospect of being homeless does not stare them in the face.
"Prostitution should be legalised here on the lines of other countries. If the trade is regularised, sex workers will be secure through registration and licences. They will have documents to prove their identity and will not be evicted," Priya said, adding, "I will meet the CM and tell him that these women need to be rehabilitated."
The first thing she did after reading about the impending displacement was call Dr Ishwar Gilada. As the honorary secretary of People's Health Organisation, India a non-profit trust for controlling child prostitution and HIV/AIDS Gilada has been working with sex workers.
Ensconcing Priya's stand on the question, he said, "The best way out of the problem is to legalise prostitution. A licence should be issued to adults wanting to get into this business. If sex workers are evicted haphazardly, they would scatter to other parts of the city."
Praise for Priya
In turn, the women, in the absence of a more vocal and public authority to give their torment a voice, appreciate Priya's gesture, even though nothing concrete can be promised to them yet.
Sanjay Shinde, head of Kamathipura Bahchao Samiti, an association fighting for the rights of prostitutes, said, "Any form of help will make the women strong, and add weight to their cause.
The sex workers expected some help from the Dutt family, and now that Priya has taken up
where her father left off, we are sure our movement will not go unnoticed."
Said Gilada, "Priya used to come here often with her father. Now whenever we have a problem, she is willing to help us. She is part of the movement," he said.
Father's legacy
Priya's basic connect with the city's oldest prostitution den is an inheritance from her father, the late actor-turned-politician Sunil Dutt. "My father used to visit the place every Raksha Bandhan.
I myself have worked on a script on child prostitution. Nobody likes to sell their body, but here they are forced to do it for a living," Priya said.
Dutt's memory is vivid in Kamathipura for his unflagging compassion for the women. "Had he been alive, we would have been given justice," said a sex worker.
"He was like a messiah for these sex workers. He'd come to Kamathipura to educate the girls on the need to keep themselves and their kids safe from HIV, so their children can lead a healthy life," said Gilada.
Article Source:
MiD DAY
http://www.mid-day.com/news/2011/jan/240111-Kamathipura-sex-workers-Priya-Dutt-sex-trade-prostitution.htm

KhanHaripur

i have no intention to oppose but just to update my fellow pakistanis.

Last edited:

faqira786

Senator (1k+ posts)
This is a big indsutry in Pakistan and Everyone knows about this but we just do NOT talk this
Lahore, Hyderabad, Karachi, Mareee, Islamabad and almost every city you will find prostitue in Pakistan. I am amaze for a longtime that nobody open this chapter in Pakistan. Prostitution is worst in Paksitan than CANADA.

Lahore has a famous place in prostitution. We just keep our eyes close and noboday say anything.

Our favourite Topic is blame Western for everything and make Pakistan are the BEST nation

I am ignoring India on this, They are hindus they can do anything

As a Pakistani Muslim, We need to correct ourself FIRST

Last edited:

Star Gazer

This is a big indsutry in Pakistan and Everyone knows about this but we just do NOT talk this
Lahore, Hyderabad, Karachi, Mareee, Islamabad and almost every city you will find prostitue in Pakistan. I am amaze for a longtime that nobody open this chapter in Pakistan. Prostitution is worst in Paksitan than CANADA.

Lahore has a famous place in prostitution. We just keep our eyes close and noboday say anything.

Our favourite Topic is blame Western for everything and make Pakistan are the BEST nation

It would be appreciated if you could take the step to open that chapter. I for one will definitly back you sir.

only_truths

Minister (2k+ posts)
priya.jpg
Supplanting her father as a beacon of hope for the marginalised women of Kamathipura, Congress MP Priya Dutt asserted her pro-legalisation stance regarding prostitution.
Also, she said, the sex workers of the area, currently facing dislocation, should be rehabilitated elsewhere in the city.
She even plans to meet Chief Minister Prithviraj Chavan to push for the cause.
After MiD DAY's report ('No Sex at Kamathipura', January 18) on how adherents of the world's oldest profession are being forced to evacuate on account of a proposed redevelopment of the area, Priya has been unsettled.
Distressed
The 44-year-old MP from Mumbai's North-Central constituency said she is distressed that neither builders, nor the government, nor their landlords, have any space to reintegrate the women.
Legitimising the trade, Priya thinks, will give the sex workers a minimal amount of recognition, so they can lead a life where the prospect of being homeless does not stare them in the face.
"Prostitution should be legalised here on the lines of other countries. If the trade is regularised, sex workers will be secure through registration and licences. They will have documents to prove their identity and will not be evicted," Priya said, adding, "I will meet the CM and tell him that these women need to be rehabilitated."
The first thing she did after reading about the impending displacement was call Dr Ishwar Gilada. As the honorary secretary of People's Health Organisation, India a non-profit trust for controlling child prostitution and HIV/AIDS Gilada has been working with sex workers.
Ensconcing Priya's stand on the question, he said, "The best way out of the problem is to legalise prostitution. A licence should be issued to adults wanting to get into this business. If sex workers are evicted haphazardly, they would scatter to other parts of the city."
Praise for Priya
In turn, the women, in the absence of a more vocal and public authority to give their torment a voice, appreciate Priya's gesture, even though nothing concrete can be promised to them yet.
Sanjay Shinde, head of Kamathipura Bahchao Samiti, an association fighting for the rights of prostitutes, said, "Any form of help will make the women strong, and add weight to their cause.
The sex workers expected some help from the Dutt family, and now that Priya has taken up
where her father left off, we are sure our movement will not go unnoticed."
Said Gilada, "Priya used to come here often with her father. Now whenever we have a problem, she is willing to help us. She is part of the movement," he said.
Father's legacy
Priya's basic connect with the city's oldest prostitution den is an inheritance from her father, the late actor-turned-politician Sunil Dutt. "My father used to visit the place every Raksha Bandhan.
I myself have worked on a script on child prostitution. Nobody likes to sell their body, but here they are forced to do it for a living," Priya said.
Dutt's memory is vivid in Kamathipura for his unflagging compassion for the women. "Had he been alive, we would have been given justice," said a sex worker.
"He was like a messiah for these sex workers. He'd come to Kamathipura to educate the girls on the need to keep themselves and their kids safe from HIV, so their children can lead a healthy life," said Gilada.
Article Source:
MiD DAY
http://www.mid-day.com/news/2011/jan/240111-Kamathipura-sex-workers-Priya-Dutt-sex-trade-prostitution.htm

In india Parlimentarians listens to their constitunents, no what matter who they are. In this case if it is legalized then they will get protection and fight in courts about why they are in this profession e.g. who led them into? This kind of arguments in courts normally generate solution to the issues. I fully agree with Priya.

Last edited:

Night-Hawk

Senator (1k+ posts)
It would be appreciated if you could take the step to open that chapter. I for one will definitly back you sir.

To open that chapter, Faqira needs to close his "Karachi chapter" first which is comparatively not a "famous place" and hence easier to close. Perhaps he is also forgetting the history of 'Kothas' which duly flourished in UP / CP and Delhi. Elite used to send their children to those 'cultural centers of excellence' to learn civilization, language and culture. So much so that at one point of time those 'cultural artists' became part of that civilized Urdu speaking society. Hence failing to find a larger "famous place" in Karachi is quite conceivable.

Mr Faqira ! Prostitution is everywhere and we are here to comment on this very news which came from across the Radcliffe line. Therefore it was needless to expound your racial filth here. Try to promote your ethnicity in Canada and I bet you will get enough 'spanking' in your own town. Just give it a try.

I could have avoided such a rude manner had I not been familiar with your sick mentality depicted in your other posts for instance ;

What Punjabis and Pathan doing in Karachi when they come to WORK? they have guns in their hand an trained

True Story,
A Dacos (Theft) came to my shop in Karachi and collected 20 thousand ruppes and ask for more, We did not have more than 20,000 thousand ruppes at that time, The theft return the money to us and said, I can not take this, We were surprise, WHY, He said, The police man outside will take 25000 ruppess for this assignment, Where I am goona pay 5,000 dollar, Amazing but TRUE story
Most of the police man came to karachi from those places, PUNJABS and involve in those activies
http://www.siasat.pk/forum/showthre.....-Kamran-Khan&p=314144&viewfull=1#post314144

Wadaich

Prime Minister (20k+ posts)
Excellent sister ( star Glazer ) you are going in right direction !!!!

I agree. We shouldn't waste our time It is none of our business. Does it matter in a country like India who herself is a political prostitute, sometimes in the hands of Russia, and now with uncle SAM.

saudiking

Voter (50+ posts)
Good job lady. Sex worker is not the profession of choice for 95 % of women working in India. Well if they are legalized at least they will be protected.

bankalalookheti

MPA (400+ posts)
I say let them do it. It is their problem and lets not get involved in this argument.

ارے بھئ خان ہری پور بھائی جان نے اپنی روزانہ کی نئی تھریڈس کھولنے کا کوٹا بھی تو پورا کرنا ہوتا ہے

Joker

Minister (2k+ posts)
Prostitutes don't need protection ,in fact Societies need to be protected from prostitutes

Bangash

I agree. We shouldn't waste our time It is none of our business. Does it matter in a country like India who herself is a political prostitute, sometimes in the hands of Russia, and now with uncle SAM.
اپ کا کیا مطلب ہے پاکستان نے ایک عورت کی طر ح شادی کی ہے امریکا سے جو قانون کے مطابق ہے. یا پاکستان امریکا کی لونڈی ہے

Bangash

[FONT=&quot]Legalisation means doesn’t (absolute freedom) it means 100% controlling. [/FONT]

Imranpak

India is just one big ***** house so no harm in making it all legal! I recently had a massive arguement with a dirty, smelly Indian forcing or bullying him into admiting just that!

In the Middle East they send their daughters amd sisters to keep the Sheikh's bed warm as proudly reported in some Indian magazine only a few years back! We also have such a problem but no way near what those retards do across the border.

That "woman" in the pic looks like a eunuch that India is also famous for!