Property valuation for overseas Pakistanis becomes attractive

Ahmed Jawad

MPA (400+ posts)
pic_1542129780.jpg

The property valuation in Pakistan has become really attractive considering the decrease in Rupee and stagnation in property market. I am considering buying, other overseas pakistanis should also consider this, this will also help economy of the country

Last edited by a moderator:

kakamuna420

Chief Minister (5k+ posts)
The property valuation in Pakistan has become really attractive considering the decrease in Rupee and stagnation in property market. I am considering buying, other overseas pakistanis should also consider this, this will also help economy of the country
there are no jobs, security etc. You might be a single saving every penny. The best would be rent for a while and understand the situation.

I would better buy a condo in Berlin.

Ahmed Jawad

MPA (400+ posts)
there are no jobs, security etc. You might be a single saving every penny. The best would be rent for a while and understand the situation.

I would better buy a condo in Berlin.
I think you are too naive to think that short term because of what media is portraying. You need to understand the economy. After some further devaluation things will normalize because the hard facts are that Pakistan has 25 billion exports and 20 billion sent by overseas pakistanis. This will not change and Pakistan can spend at least 45 billion dollars no matter what. Furthermore devaluation will make exports competitive so reverse forces will come into play soon.

stranger

buying in Gwadar could be risky but can also bring high returns. Rupee is depreciated a lot and if Government can have a good platform to assure overseas Pakistanis regarding some legit property schemes on a reasonable price, i believe it can attract some investment. Problem is there is not much data available if scheme is legal or not. Most of the time overseas pakistanis invest and later on they realise it was a fraud.

couple of years ago a friend of mine invested £50,000 for a 10 Marla home some housing society in Lahore and it turned out to be a fraud. If it is happening in Lahore, you can imagine how insecure it is to invest in Gwadar. You know what i mean to say

kakamuna420

I think you are too naive to think that short term because of what media is portraying. You need to understand the economy. After some further devaluation things will normalize because the hard facts are that Pakistan has 25 billion exports and 20 billion sent by overseas pakistanis. This will not change and Pakistan can spend at least 45 billion dollars no matter what. Furthermore devaluation will make exports competitive so reverse forces will come into play soon.
I think you have not been to Pakistan for a while. If you have kids born in west and then you move them to a mafia run schools then they will become mental patients. For overseas to return, you need honest and brave people to be leading the country. Most around Imran are not.

kakamuna420

with situation like this, elites are now running away and have to dispose off their property at higher price. Therefore, search for stupid overseas is in full swing.
In my opinion, overseas Pakistani families should stay where they are and wait for 5-10 years till all the corrupt run away from the country.

kakamuna420

buying in Gwadar could be risky but can also bring high returns. Rupee is depreciated a lot and if Government can have a good platform to assure overseas Pakistanis regarding some legit property schemes on a reasonable price, i believe it can attract some investment. Problem is there is not much data available if scheme is legal or not. Most of the time overseas pakistanis invest and later on they realise it was a fraud.

couple of years ago a friend of mine invested £50,000 for a 10 Marla home some housing society in Lahore and it turned out to be a fraud. If it is happening in Lahore, you can imagine how insecure it is to invest in Gwadar. You know what i mean to say
there is no water in Gawadar..Don't believe in what brokers say. They make a living off lying

stranger

there is no water in Gawadar..Don't believe in what brokers say. They make a living off lying

does not matter for now as people wont be buying to live there. these are investment opportunity for future say 20+ years from now.

Ahmed Jawad

MPA (400+ posts)
I think you have not been to Pakistan for a while. If you have kids born in west and then you move them to a mafia run schools then they will become mental patients. For overseas to return, you need honest and brave people to be leading the country. Most around Imran are not.
I go often and regularly to Pakistan, Last visit in december break. I am not thinking about my kids going to Pakistan, it is their choice, I am thinking about spending my old age where I belong

kakamuna420

I go often and regularly to Pakistan, Last visit in december break. I am not thinking about my kids going to Pakistan, it is their choice, I am thinking about spending my old age where I belong
For retirement, I would advise to wait 5-10 years. Till then all elites, irani and kalay angraiz will get lost from Pakistan. Then you enjoy their spoils. Phil donon bhai will buy a beach front mansion

Junaid2814

MPA (400+ posts)
pic_1542129780.jpg

Agreed not because I deal in Real Estate because it will bring foreign exchange and elp to boost more than 50 industries related to real estate industry. It is also best time for expats to invest in PSX

Nadir Bashir

Minister (2k+ posts)
Decaluation of rupee can play a role to reduce imports upto a certain level. If demand of material or goods still exist in the market, then you will have to import until you do not create a local production. Since devaluation is done to make local prices competitive as well. But at the same time, Government can subsidized some items to remain competitive.
Thing is you have to ban some certain items from import so that you can save some foreign reserves. For Example,

1. Estimatedly we are spending around 300 Million USD to foreign air liners.
2. People shall not be allowed to have foreign currency accounts.
3. Luxury items can be banned such as luxury mobiles, Laptops, LCDs, foreign tiles, luxury cars etc.

kakamuna420

Decaluation of rupee can play a role to reduce imports upto a certain level. If demand of material or goods still exist in the market, then you will have to import until you do not create a local production. Since devaluation is done to make local prices competitive as well. But at the same time, Government can subsidized some items to remain competitive.
Thing is you have to ban some certain items from import so that you can save some foreign reserves. For Example,

1. Estimatedly we are spending around 300 Million USD to foreign air liners.
2. People shall not be allowed to have foreign currency accounts.
3. Luxury items can be banned such as luxury mobiles, Laptops, LCDs, foreign tiles, luxury cars etc.

Good post!
I agree with your 2nd point, that people should not be allowed to hold any foreign currency accounts. Example, In USA and Europe you could only open accounts in USD and Euro.
For your 3rd point, I would increase import taxes on items which are not for general use.

FreeCountry

MPA (400+ posts)
Only a fool will buy property now, when economy is collapsing and property prices are falling.

Pakistan chose China's camp. Now US & IMF will punish Pakistan badly and things will get only worst from here. I don't think IMF will approve our bailout either.

Invest in PakistanBanao certificates instead. Your dollars will be safe and you will also recieve handsome amount of return. Let Imran Khan use this money to create jobs and generate economic acitivity.

Last edited:

Ahmed Jawad

MPA (400+ posts)
For retirement, I would advise to wait 5-10 years. Till then all elites, irani and kalay angraiz will get lost from Pakistan. Then you enjoy their spoils. Phil donon bhai will buy a beach front mansion
bhai jan, I really think you do not understand economy. It is rare that property prices totally get destroyed because they are not building any more of land on planet earth and population is increasing rapidly along with quality of life

Ahmed Jawad

MPA (400+ posts)
Only a fool will buy property now, when economy is collapsing and property prices are falling.

Pakistan chose China's camp. Now US & IMF will punish Pakistan badly and things will get only worst from here. I don't think IMF will approve our bailout either.

Invest in PakistanBanao certificates instead. Your dollars will be safe and you will also recieve handsome amount of return. Let Imran Khan use this money to create jobs and generate economic acitivity.
Again, you buy when prices are falling, not when they are increasing.