'Pakistan drone war, Obama's poll ploy'

Humi

Prime Minister (20k+ posts)
US President Barack Obama is following the drone war in Pakistan as an "election campaign strategy" for next year's presidential race in the United States, an investigative journalist tells Press TV.

"The president has personal political interests that certainly are aligned with the interest of the CIA," Gareth Porter said in an interview with Press TV's US Desk on Tuesday.

The US president has an interest in showing that he is successful in combating al-Qaeda, he added.

Porter said as far as the CIA is concerned, the agency is engaged in the drone operations to "satisfy its own constituency, its own staff."

"They (CIA authorities) had made commitment to the staff that we're in this to stay. That is to say we're going to be committed to a drone war and there's going to be lots of jobs," he said.

The US frequently carries out non-UN-sanctioned drone attacks on Pakistan's tribal areas.

The attacks were initiated by former US President George W. Bush and have been escalated under President Obama.

The White House claims the attacks target al-Qaeda-linked and pro-Taliban militants in Pakistan's northwestern tribal regions bordering Afghanistan. However, locals insist that the strikes mostly kill civilians.

The issue of civilian casualties has strained relations between Islamabad and Washington.

Pakistan has repeatedly condemned the strikes as a violation of its sovereignty, asserting that such attacks have proven counterproductive in the so-called war against terrorism.

http://www.presstv.ir/detail/197848.html

garry317

Banned
there should be more drone attacks,if necessary conduct them in cities..these terrorist are doing harm sitting in cities and affecting other countries(thumbsdown)(thumbsdown)(thumbsdown)(thumbsdown)(thumbsdown)(thumbsdown)(thumbsdown)(thumbsdown)(thumbsdown)

Humi

there should be more drone attacks,if necessary conduct them in cities..these terrorist are doing harm sitting in cities and affecting other countries(thumbsdown)(thumbsdown)(thumbsdown)(thumbsdown)(thumbsdown)(thumbsdown)(thumbsdown)(thumbsdown)(thumbsdown)

The cities are very crowded..you cant kill 5 innocent children and women to get a suspected terrorist..and i thought usa was pro-democracy..what happened to innocent until proven guilty..nice hypocrisy...(clap)

garry317

Banned
The cities are very crowded..you cant kill 5 innocent children and women to get a suspected terrorist..and i thought usa was pro-democracy..what happened to innocent until proven guilty..nice hypocrisy...(clap)

when two elephant fights,grass gets crushed..so it is........
blow that house if terrorist is found like obl incident.

i m not hypocrite,as u know:P:P:P:P:P:P:P:P:P:P

Humi

when two elephant fights,grass gets crushed..so it is........
blow that house if terrorist is found like obl incident.

i m not hypocrite,as u know:P:P:P:P:P:P:P:P:P:P

hmm..didnt i see you type somewhere that pakistan should have a democracy like india and here you are promoting killing innocents to get a suspected terrorist who has not been proven guilty...

as for blowing up houses, NATO carried out assassinations of some top supporters of Ghaddafi like that..but guess what...their wives and little children were in the house and got blown up as well..

garry317

Banned
hmm..didnt i see you type somewhere that pakistan should have a democracy like india and here you are promoting killing innocents to get a suspected terrorist who has not been proven guilty...

as for blowing up houses, NATO carried out assassinations of some top supporters of Ghaddafi like that..but guess what...their wives and little children were in the house and got blown up as well..

i m not going to do same if we dont know about suspect completely...if info is 100 per sure then nuke that house,i dont mind...but killing on the base of suspect is not good.

so how is this related to indian democracy.../?

same goes with pakistan also..they shower the rockets on the a-stan border and are u confirmed that they will hit only target?..who knows whom get killed??
;);););););););););)
so every body is naked while bathing or so called killing;););););)

Humi

i m not going to do same if we dont know about suspect completely...if info is 100 per sure then nuke that house,i dont mind...but killing on the base of suspect is not good.

so how is this related to indian democracy.../?

same goes with pakistan also..they shower the rockets on the a-stan border and are u confirmed that they will hit only target?..who knows whom get killed??
;);););););););););)
so every body is naked while bathing or so called killing;););););)

no, killing is not good if you are not 100% sure..unfortunately, that is the case with the drone attacks in pakistan's tribal belt..
it relates to indian democracy because it contradicts when you say we should adopt democracy and then say carry on these drone attacks which kill people without a trial..
I never said pakistani's rockets have never killed any civilians...when these things hit, they dont see who they kill...however we are not promoting human rights and democracy like other countries are..our government may say this, but i think we all know that is a big fat lie when the government itself does not follow the laws of a democracy

garry317

Banned
so read my post of elephants..it is unfortunate that it is hard to stop.
if i hide smwhere n strike is done on me and all who are with me will be target..
so the soln may be to conduct ground operation but is also error prone ,usa cant do ground operation.
so i think,pakistan will have to face drone attacks till next decade untill usa lives there and this cycle will go on.

karachiwala

Cities like Bombay, Calcutta, Delhi, Agra, . . . .

Reactionary

Politcal Worker (100+ posts)
na..islamabad,lahore,karachi..if terrorist are found there:P

read these posts by HINDU's and realize why liberal pakistanis are ignorant in their utopian idealism. It is imperative to observe the HINDUstanis on this board are so venomous in their zeal to facilitate the spilling of pakistani blood under the transparent excuse of fighting terrorism; nothing pulls the wool over the eyes of pakistanis more quickly than a friendly sounding hindu spouting harmonious nonsense

pakistan is bankrupt; living off of western blood money in combination with loans from the biggest financial enslavers on earth: the IMF/world bank does not qualify as an economy.

pakistan also doesn't have much for anti-aircraft batteries, especially the type necessary to target drones
; thus the dual reason of drones for money and being unable to shoot them down renders pakistani civilians as helpless sacrificial lambs waiting to get slaughtered

EVEN if pakistan possessed the right type of anti-aircraft weapons to shoot the drones down (and thus protect its civilians from a hostile foreign military-exactly what a REAL national military is intended for in the first place), it would not do so, because pakistan, unlike iran AND NORTH KOREA, is a coward nation that is too afraid to stand up for itself EVEN WHEN THOUSANDS OF FEMALE AND CHILDREN DEATHS ACCUMULATE ALMOST WEEKLY (SOMETHING THAT WOULD NOT OCCUR EVEN IF THE COUNTRY WEREN'T CONSTANTLY ON THE BRINK OF FINANCIAL INSOLVENCY)

THUS, THE COWARD PAKISTAN GOVERNMENT AND ITS COWARD MILITARY LEADERSHIP CONTINUOUSLY ALLOW THE DEATHS OF ITS CIVILIANS BECAUSE IT IS TOO AFRAID OF WHAT WILL HAPPEN IF IT DECIDES TO GROW A SPINE AND STAND UP FOR ITSELF

what the ***** do you think the IZRAELI response would be to a FOREIGN drone bombing and killing dozens of children
?!

Last edited: