Not Pakistans daughter-in-law

Waseem

Staff member
kamran-shahid2.jpg

http://tribune.com.pk/story/9820/not-pakistan’s-daughter-in-law/

Now that the wedding ceremony of Shoaib Malik and Sania Mirza is over there are lessons to learn for the nation, including our media which has covered every moment, glimpse and sentiment. In order to give a different flavour to the audience TV channels did not refrain from showing their bed, cushions, bathroom and even bed-sheets!

It was embarrassing when Shoaib, in an interview to Express News criticised the media for interfering in his personal life to an extent that he became the bodyguard of his wife and added that the media has made money out of his wedding which is a personal event. Regardless of whether the couple is compatible or not, there is definite incompatibility between Sania Mirzas perception of Pakistan and the perception of the press about the marriage.

Although her body language was harsh towards the people and the press, our media gave her unprecedented coverage. The media called her the daughter-in-law of Pakistan as a goodwill gesture, which she seemed to have completely rejected. We have yet to see a glimpse of joy on her face. She looks disturbed, confused and annoyed. Maybe she is afraid of extremist Hindu elements in India who consider this nation to be too soft on terrorists. After all, it is a common perception in India that Pakistanis and its establishment support atrocities like the Mumbai attacks and give refuge to alleged terrorists like Hafiz Saeed.

Mirzas visit to Pakistan seems to be a visit to an unfriendly state rather than to her friendly in-laws. Both the bride and groom failed to acknowledge the passion of the Pakistanis who welcomed them with open arms. Mirza expressed her displeasure at the way people welcomed her and the way they interfered with their private life. The only thing she praised was the food. This is a huge loss for Pakistan. We have lost a national hero. Shoaib Malik will be moving to Dubai. Dubai does have a higher standard of living and, unlike Pakistan, does not have any alleged involvement of sponsoring terrorism.

But is he going to remain a national hero if he lives outside the nation? People by and large are saying that the marriage is a milestone for South Asias peace in that it will enhance confidence between the two countries. Had peace been achieved through unpredictable relations like marriages, the region would have been stabilised ages ago, after the marriage of cricketer Mohsin Khan and actress Reena Roy. A serious approach of the Pakistani media is required to analyse something as sensitive as regional peace and national pride. The media needs to fix their professional limitations to defend the integrity of the national press.

As suggested by the couple, we should not interfere by throwing emotional welcomes. We should stop calling Sania Mirza the daughter in-law of Pakistan. Pakistans honour is above marriages of all kinds be they inter-state or inter-celebrity.

sarmad

Senator (1k+ posts)
We have yet to see a glimpse of joy on her face. She looks disturbed, confused and annoyed. Maybe she is afraid of extremist Hindu elements in India who consider this nation to be too soft on terrorists.

Spot on. She looked like a snobby bit** on TV since she came to Pakistan.

mehwish_ali

Chief Minister (5k+ posts)
ٰI think people should keep themselves out of the private lives of Malik and Sania. It is due to their so much non-invited involvement which is creating so much problems for the newly married couple.

What ever Sania and Malik do, it is their private life, but unfortunately we do not have the Tradition of respecting the Private affairs and lives (although Islam taught a lot about it).

If the couple is happy in Dubai, or on Moon or Mars or India, where ever they live we wish them happy life.

gazoomartian

Prime Minister (20k+ posts)
ٰI think people should keep themselves out of the private lives of Malik and Sania. It is due to their so much non-invited involvement which is creating so much problems for the newly married couple.

What ever Sania and Malik do, it is their private life, but unfortunately we do not have the Tradition of respecting the Private affairs and lives (although Islam taught a lot about it).

If the couple is happy in Dubai, or on Moon or Mars or India, where ever they live we wish them happy life.

when you become a celeb at the expense of public thru TV, you do not have any personal life. Look at our officials.

Also, that way bad tameez larki is, I have serious reservations that the marriage would last very long.

commander: When you going to put members gender and age? Abbasi promised long timed ago. Pass this on to him please...... thank you

LeftBrain

MPA (400+ posts)
Well all this hype was limited to one province, no body in Baluchistan or KP or Sind gave a damn about these two loosers.......... so at best she can be bahu of Punjab.
Leave my Pakistan out of this non sense

GeoG

Well all this hype was limited to one province, no body in Baluchistan or KP or Sind gave a damn about these two loosers.......... so at best she can be bahu of Punjab.

Punjab Mars Par Hai Kia, raciest ...?

awan4ever

Some people just cant get over this whole issue and feel insulted by Sanias posturing for no reason. I mean she is probably a bitch but why the hell did we go out of our way to welcome her and everything. Shoaib Malik is not really much of a hero. Hes just a cricketer of no huge repute. Mohammad Yousuf is much more accomplished and more of a hero than Malik can ever dream of being. If we want to be concerned we should raise our voices against his expulsion from the team rather than Shoaibs bride dissing us! She has absolutely no impact on our lives in anyway.
I cant believe the way so many people turned up to see her in Lahore and caused a mess in the lobby with all the pushing and shoving and then when she gets pissed we say oh shes such a bitch. Well we are all losers for being so smitten with the whole event in the first place!
I wish I could ban this whole event from further coverage!

mehwish_ali

It hurts me when we are using the bad word like bi... for her. Where have gone the good Manners of my nation? Please stop usage of such bad language.

People must understand that it is not ONLY Sania, but MILLIONS of Indian Muslims are under pressure due to this marriage.

Have you not seen the Video where Indian Maulvies and few Muslim politicians were also making the same objections as had been made by Bal Thakray and BJP? They were asking Sania: "Why she was unable to get a single man from millions of Indian Muslims and it is shameful that she wants to get marry with man from enemy state of Pakistan."

I find Sania a wonderful woman.

She faced all the Pressure from Bal Thakray for Shoaib.

She faced all the pressure from own Indian Muslim Community for Shoaib.

She supported Shoaib through out his fight with Aisha Siddiqi. Sania and her family had to face a lot of problems from Indian Media on this Issue. They even had to face the Indian Police who was coming to their home.

While when Pakistani newspapers and awam were boasting that they are BIG MARD upon whom Indian women dies, it was Sania who was facing the anger of Indian awam and politicians. It was Sania who were punished for it and she lost millions of Rs. Contracts with different firms who did not want to renew her contracts.

The problem lies much deeper than this (as mentioned above).

Other side of Problem is we ourselves.

How much a Paradise has been made Pakistan by us during last 60 years?

Why should a foreigner Non Pakistani could wish to come and live in Pakistan?

Have you seen the standard of life in Sialkot?

Even the Standard of Educational difference between Sania and Malik is also clear all the time.

Actually, we as Pakistanies, we have YET not made ourself GOOD enough that people of other nations feel PROUD to be part of us. Just look at European countries, which have developed themselves good enough and thus millions of Pakistanies feel proud to be part of these countries and to live there.

People in Pakistan may not understand it, but those Pakistanies who have lived for several years in Europe, even many of them will now refuse to return to Pakistan and live in those conditions. Then why could we expect Sania to be more Pakistani than those original Pakistanies and their Children?

We have to develop ourselves before making any claims upon the others and complaints against them. Why we are not so much developed as Dubai is? Had we developed us too to Dubai's standards, then for surely Sania and many many Pakistanies would have no problem in returning to Pakistan and living here.

We will be blind enough (actually we are blind) to not to see all these problems. Making complaints against others is easy, and forgetting all the Sacrifice which Sania did for Shoaib is also easy, but facing the reality is very difficult.

GeoG

It hurts me when we are using the bad word like bi... for her. Where have gone the good Manners of my nation? Please stop usage of such bad language.

People must understand that it is not ONLY Sania, but MILLIONS of Indian Muslims are under pressure due to this marriage.

Have you not seen the Video where Indian Maulvies and few Muslim politicians were also making the same objections as had been made by Bal Thakray and BJP? They were asking Sania: "Why she was unable to get a single man from millions of Indian Muslims and it is shameful that she wants to get marry with man from enemy state of Pakistan."

We will be blind enough (actually we are blind) to not to see all these problems. Making complaints against others is easy, and forgetting all the Sacrifice which Sania did for Shoaib is also easy, but facing the reality is very difficult.

Akhtar Tumhari Tan Moulvi Par Aa Kar Hi Kun Toot-ti hai.
I don't know which Moulvis protested in India but even if there was any protest, were there Moulvis only in the protest or you go blind when seeing shaven men.

I am all for Indian beauties and celebrities to marry Pakistanis

but your comment, Sania sacrificed for Shoaib, huh, What Sacrifice so far?

Last edited by a moderator:

mehwish_ali

Akhtar Tumhari Tan Moulvi Par Aa Kar Hi Kun Toot-ti hai.
I don't know which Moulvis protested in India but even if there was any protest, were there Moulvis only in the protest or you go blind when seeing shaven men.

I am all for Indian beauties and celebrities to marry Pakistanis

but your comment, Sania sacrificed for Shoaib, huh, What Sacrifice so far?

?? ?? ???? ?? ????? ???? ?? ?? ???? ????? ??? ?? ?? ?? ??? ???? ?? ???? ??? ????? ???? ?? ?? ?? ???? ?? ??? ???????? ??? ?? ??? ??? ???? ???? ?? ?? ?? ????? ?? ??????

??? ?? ?????? ?? ?????? ?? ??????? ??? ??????? ?? ???? ?? ?? ?? ??? ?????? ?? ?? ??? ? ??? ????

??? ?????? ?? ?? ?? ???? ?????? ???? ??? ??? ?? ?????? ?? ??? ???? ?? ??? ?????? ?? ??? ?? ???? ??? ?? ?? ?????? ?? ??? ????

??? ?? ?? ?????? ?? ???? ?????? ?? ??? ???? ?? ?? ???? ??? ?? ???????? ????? ? ?? ???? ?????? ???? ???? ?? ???? ??? ??? ???????? ?? ?? ??? ???? ?????? ???? ???

Last edited by a moderator:

LeftBrain

MPA (400+ posts)
Punjab Mars Par Hai Kia, raciest ...?
mars par to naheen lekin Pakistan ki ideology or Pakistan ke awam se bhi us ka door dor tak koi taluq naheen hey.

bas aik taluq hey ke wo Pakistan ki mushkilat ke zimme daar hain

FlyHigh

Senator (1k+ posts)

A typical MQM mentality, then they say nobody likes them...traitors and racist

GeoG

?? ?? ???? ?? ????? ???? ?? ?? ???? ????? ??? ?? ?? ?? ??? ???? ?? ???? ??? ????? ???? ?? ?? ?? ???? ?? ??? ???????? ??? ?? ??? ??? ???? ???? ?? ?? ?? ????? ?? ??????

??? ?? ?????? ?? ?????? ?? ??????? ??? ??????? ?? ???? ?? ?? ?? ??? ?????? ?? ?? ??? ? ??? ????

??? ?????? ?? ?? ?? ???? ?????? ???? ??? ??? ?? ?????? ?? ??? ???? ?? ??? ?????? ?? ??? ?? ???? ??? ?? ?? ?????? ?? ??? ????

??? ?? ?? ?????? ?? ???? ?????? ?? ??? ???? ?? ?? ???? ??? ?? ???????? ????? ? ?? ???? ?????? ???? ???? ?? ???? ??? ??? ???????? ?? ?? ??? ???? ?????? ???? ???

Ankhain Khol Kar Dekho In Main Bagair Dhari Kay Bi Hain
Everyone knows here kis Ki Zuban Zehar Say Bhari Hai,

Sponsored Link