Night of Al-Qadr - When the night equals thousand

1 ummah

Councller (250+ posts)
It was narrated that in the days that Musa (alayhis-salaam) wandered with Bani Israa'eel in the desert an intense drought befell them. Together, they raised their hands towards the heavens praying for the blessed rain to come. Then, to the astonishment of Musa (alayhis-salaam) and all those watching, the few scattered clouds that were in the sky vanished, the heat poured down, and the drought intensified.

It was revealed to Musa that there was a sinner amongst the tribe of Bani Israa'eel who had disobeyed Allah (Subhanahu wa ta'ala) for more than forty years of his life. "Let him separate himself from the congregation," Allah (Subhanahu wa ta'ala) told Musa (alayhis-salaam). "Only then shall I shower you all with rain." Musa (alayhis-salaam) then called out to the throngs of humanity, "There is a person amongst us who has disobeyed Allah for forty years. Let him separate himself from the congregation and on
ly then shall we be rescued from the drought." That man, waited, looking left and right, hoping that someone else would step forward, but no one did. Sweat poured forth from his brow and he knew that he was the one.

The man knew that if he stayed amongst the congregation all would die of thirst and that if he stepped forward he would be humiliated for all eternity. He raised his hands with a sincerity he had never known before, with a humility he had never tasted, and as tears poured down on both cheeks he said: "O Allah, have mercy on me! O Allah, hide my sins! O Allah, forgive me!" As Musa (alayhis-salaam) and the people of Bani Israa'eel awaited for the sinner to step forward, the clouds hugged the sky and the rain
poured.

Musa (alayhis-salaam) asked Allah (Subhanahu wa ta'ala), "O Allah, you blessed us with rain even though the sinner did not come forward." And Allah (Subhanahu wa ta'ala) replied, "O Musa, it is for the repentance of that very person that I blessed all of Bani Israa'eel with water." Musa (alayhis-salaam), wanting to know who this blessed man was, asked, "Show him to me O Allah!" Allah (Subhanahu wa ta'ala) replied, "O Musa, I hid his sins for forty years, do you think that after his repentance I shall expos
e him?

Allah (Subhanahu wa ta'ala) revealed the Quran in the most blessed month; the month of Ramadan, the month in which the Quran was sent down. On the most blessed night, the Grand night: Laylatul Qadr; "Verily, we revealed the Quran on the night of Qadr." Ibn Jareer narrates, on the authority of Mujaahid that there was a man from Bani Israa'eel who used to spend the night in prayer. Then in the morning he would fight the enemy in the Way of Allah during the day, until the evening and he did this for a thousan
d months.

And so Allah revealed the Surah: "Verily, We sent it down in the night of Al-Qadr" until the verse "The night of Al-Qadr is better than a thousand months." That is, standing in prayer on that night is better than the actions of that man. Sufyaan ath-Thawree reports, on the authority of Mujaahid (also), that the night of Al-Qadr being better than a thousand months means that the good deeds performed on it, fasting on it, and standing in prayer on it are better than a thousand months' good deeds, prayers and
fasting. (Narrated by Ibn Jareer)

It is reported from Abu Hurairah that he said: "When the month of Ramadan came, the Messenger of Allah said: 'The month of Ramadan has come, a blessed month in which Allah has made it obligatory for you to fast; in it the gates of Paradise are opened and the gates of Hell are closed and the devils are chained. In it is a night better than a thousand months, whoever loses the benefit of it has lost something irreplaceable.'" (Narrated by Imam Ahmad and An-Nasaa'i).

It is reported on the authority of Abu Hurairah, that Allah's Messenger (Sallallahu alaihi wa sallam) said: "Whoever stood in prayer on the night of Al-Qadr, in faith and hoping for a reward from Allah, he will have all of his previous sins forgiven." (Narrated by Al-Bukhari and Muslim). This one night surpasses the value of 30,000 nights. The sincere believer who worries day and night about his sins and phases of neglect in his life patiently awaits the onset of Ramadan. During it he hopes to be forgiven
by Allah (Subhanahu wa ta'ala) for past sins, knowing that the Prophet (Sallallahu alaihi wa sallam) promised that all who bear down during the last ten days shall have all their sins forgiven.

To achieve this, the believer remembers the Prophet's (Sallallahu alaihi wa sallam) advice in different sayings wherein he used words like "seek", "pursue", "search" and "look hard" for Laylatul Qadr.

Laylatul Qadr is the most blessed night. A person who misses it has indeed missed a great amount of good. The Mu'min should search for it in the last ten nights of Ramadan, passing the nights in worship and obedience. For those who catch the opportunity, their gift is that of past sins wiped away.
www.zawaj.com

ir@pk

Politcal Worker (100+ posts)
:jazak: brother,may ALLAH give us taofeek to stand in these nights and worship ALLAH to forgive us for our sins.

angryoldman

Minister (2k+ posts)
just to remind u abt title."Equal thousand of nights" its not equal its better then thousand nights.

behter=>better=خیر

hazar =>thousand=الف

maheeny->months= شہر

1 ummah

Councller (250+ posts)
just to remind u abt title."Equal thousand of nights" its not equal its better then thousand nights.

behter=>better=خیر

hazar =>thousand=الف

maheeny->months= شہر

jzakllah bro...i try not to alter things i copy paste.. title was givn by writer