Need Provision to Remove own threads

abdulruff

Politcal Worker (100+ posts)
Need Provision to Remove own threads:lol:

This is a good Forum to express one's views. One can also change the content or updating etc. Comments are welcome. However, this should also provide option to remove the threads by the contributors for whatever reasons. Maybe, for instance, because the entry is redundant. (clap)

Friends, I hereby withdraw this post chiefly because the owners of portals might have their right to whatever they feel right. Many other portals also do the same they get the posts as a trap device and do not let democratic means survive. So once posted you lose it forever and have no control over your words.

So, no more comments on this post pl.
-Dr. Abdul Ruff

Last edited:

zerozero

MPA (400+ posts)
Very good suggestion, I have also seen this on other forums. Admin should take this one and implement!

Need Provision to Remove own threads:lol:

This is a good Forum to express one's views. One can also change the content or updating etc. Comments are welcome. However, this should also provide option to remove the threads by the contributors for whatever reasons. Maybe, for instance, because the entry is redundant. (clap)

FaisalKh

Chief Minister (5k+ posts)
Why? the thread starter must have to listen everything

Brother sometime u post something which is ambiguous or misleading and the time u realize or mods delete it, it vanishes in pool of other threads and yah u have option of editing but sometime editing become useless so thread starter should also have the right to delete his own thread if he dont want to be on the forum...

onlykami

MPA (400+ posts)
I think you dont understand the point, he was asking for the right so that the starter can del any comment from others which he not likes
Brother sometime u post something which is ambiguous or misleading and the time u realize or mods delete it, it vanishes in pool of other threads and yah u have option of editing but sometime editing become useless so thread starter should also have the right to delete his own thread if he dont want to be on the forum...

FaisalKh

Chief Minister (5k+ posts)
I think you dont understand the point, he was asking for the right so that the starter can del any comment from others which he not likes

I think he is talking about Thread not Post.... sometime u start duplicate threads due to network error.... so i think he is talking about that.... and i did not see anywhere he mentioned to delete posts of others ... and things wont work the way u said that people should have the right to delete whatever they dont like... in such a case their wont be any discussion and i think Mods know all this very well thats why thread starter cant delete posts of others...

abdulruff

Friends, the owners of portals who have got their own narrow interests in the media business might think they have their right to whatever they feel right. Many other portals also do the same they get the posts as a trap device and do not let democratic means survive. So once posted you lose it forever and have no control over your words.

Media want democracy without promoting it inside. So sad!

-Dr. Abdul Ruff

Last edited:

abdulruff

Media must abolish authoritarianism to enable the opinion makers to be frank. Otherwise democracy will die. .

Waseem

Staff member
Sorry doctor sb, I am afraid we can't allow it, in fact, members had this provision but then some of the members misused it and deleted all of their threads on getting angry over moderator's actions, and many of them were very important and well discussed ones. Now if you wish to delete your thread you can use report thread/post option we will delete it for you. thanks

http://www.siasat.pk/forum/showthread.php?34711-How-to-Report-a-Thread-or-Post

shapik

Senator (1k+ posts)
i have mistakenly a thread twice....and i cant delete them....i think a person should be able to delete his/her own thread