Last edited by a moderator:

Raaz

(50k+ posts) بابائے فورم
Re: NA 241 - Check the JI Support

U will win 300 seats....for sure...

PkRevolution

Chief Minister (5k+ posts)

I appreciate all good work done by Jamat e Islami.

Take charge of Karachi city back from MQM, they made this city the most horror city of the world.

darkinsky

Banned

I appreciate all good work done by Jamat e Islami.

Take charge of Karachi city back from MQM, they made this city the most horror city of the world.

blame game is very easy, jamaat islami cant develop karachi if the funds are not provided and if they dont have the authority in the commissionaire system, JI cant win from karachi, you can see that these are all pathans who previously voted ANP, but this time they will vote JI

hamdani

Councller (250+ posts)

Jamat-e-Islami should be ashamed of their talk about Afia Siddqui Family.

Aijazahmed

Minister (2k+ posts)

blame game is very easy, jamaat islami cant develop karachi if the funds are not provided and if they dont have the authority in the commissionaire system, JI cant win from karachi, you can see that these are all pathans who previously voted ANP, but this time they will vote JI

NA 241: What areas are in this constituency? Please let me know. Thanks

delta_paki

MPA (400+ posts)

A single seat won't change anything but I guess JI will find solid support in the conservative masses of our country. On another note, anything is better than the dreaded MQM.

delta_paki

MPA (400+ posts)

Mainly Orangi Town and SITE (partly); areas of note include: Pathan Colony, Khyber Colony, Bijli Nagar, Islam nagar, Mominabad etc.

This constituency is a blend of different ethnicities and has sizeable Bengali, Pashtun, Baluch and Punjabi populations.

MMA won the seat here in 2002. So a religious votebank must exist here.

KARACHIITE

Politcal Worker (100+ posts)

This constituency is spread over about half of the former NA-185, Orangi Town, which has now been divided into NA-241 and NA-242. A portion of the old NA-185, ie, Deh Manghopir and Songal, is not included in either of the two new constituencies.

NA-241 has also two provincial seats: PS-93 and PS-94.
PS-93 comprises Mominabad’s sector 4/F, Zia Colony, Mujahid Colony, Bijli Nagar, Islam Nagar, etc. It also include Metroville Site Pathan Colony, Bawany Challi Khyber Colony (where this interview was conducted), Frontier Colony Number l to 3, Sector No 4E and Sector No 5. These areas belong to U/C Nos 4,5,6 and 7 of SITE Town.

In PS-94, prominent areas including Bis-millah colony, Fakir Colony, Haryana Colony, Hazarvi Mohalla, etc of U/C 2 Orangi Town. Alfatah Colony, Al Sadaf Colony, Sector Nos 10, 10/L of U/C 3 Orangi Town, Farid Colony, Afridi Colony, Faiz-i-Aam Colony, Urdu Chowk, Sector No 11-E, etc of U/C 4 Orangi Town, Tauheed Colony, Block L, Baba Vilayet Ali Shah, Block J, Salimabad, Iqbal Baloch Colony of Sector 11 1/2 of U/C 5, Orangi Town.

Last edited:

JI ka Karachi hamesha pur-amn raha hai--Karachi ko deshatgardi ka shehar bnane wali party MQM hai--Positive Change in Karachi:)

KARACHIITE

Politcal Worker (100+ posts)

Mainly Orangi Town and SITE (partly); areas of note include: Pathan Colony, Khyber Colony, Bijli Nagar, Islam nagar, Mominabad etc.

This constituency is a blend of different ethnicities and has sizeable Bengali, Pashtun, Baluch and Punjabi populations.

MMA won the seat here in 2002. So a religious votebank must exist here.

NA-241 Election 2008 Results
Winner
S.A.Iqbal Qadiri
MQM
Votes: 93617
Runner
Zarbali Syed
ANP
Votes: 36236

NA-241 ELECTION 2002 results.

1. Mr.Muhammad Laeeq Khan MMA 26812 (Winner)
2. Mr.Feroze Uddin Rehmani MQM 26333 (Runner)
3..Mr.Muhammad Afaque Khan Shahid PPPP 6264
4. Mr.Naeem Gul Advocate Awami National Party 5953
5. Mirza Shakeel Arman Baig Sunni Tehreek 2360
6. Mr.Wazirzada Afridi Pakistan Muslim League(N) 2470

Its not that much religious votes but mostly ethnical voting trend; as in 2002 most of Pashto speaking votes were secured by MMA(All religious parties) due to Afghan War and in 2008 most of the Pashto speaking votes went to ANP,as it immitates the voting trend of KPK. But this time MMA votes will split into JUI(F),JI,JUI(S) and ANP will not be able to contest openly due to TTP factor.

Last edited:

delta_paki

MPA (400+ posts)

I just hinted at the existence of a religious votebank, nothing more nothing less :) . But I agree on your point that the religious vote will be split between the various conservative parties and the end result will be the benefit of either PTI or MQM.

Pakistan 1st

Minister (2k+ posts)

جماعت اسلامی والوں کو چاہیے کے پہلے کلمہ یاد کریں پھر الیکشن لڑنے کا خواب دیکھیں

cashiph

Citizen

JI me koi corrupt choor nai ha lakin phir bhi log choron ko pasand karta hain. abhi sab JI ko galean de rahe hain jab PPP,MQM,ANP,PMLN walae ata hain to phir pora 5 sal inko galean deta hain. pakistan ki awam kabhi sabaq nai sekhti isi lea sab joota marta hain.