Mere Mutabiq with Hassan Nisar 9th August 2015

sngilani

Chief Minister (5k+ posts)
"A woman is a thing you keep at home," says Ejaz, a bus conductor. "You can't take women out because people stare at them - they're useless things; you have to show propriety and chasteness with them. You can take boys around anywhere with you and it isn't a big deal."
We follow 13-year-old Naeem, whose parents died when he was eight. His brother began beating him and he ran away from home. He has now been addicted to heroin for five years and frequently sells his body to fund his habit.

The question is, can anyone in authority do something to stop this exploitation? Respected politician Imran Khan says he's shocked by the footage shown: "I must say I know it happened, but I didn't realise it happened to the extent you are saying." Khan says he is committed to creating a taskforce to stop the abuse, but admits it is not easy.

One of the biggest problems is that police on the ground are more often caught up with Taliban attacks and the safety of children isn't a priority.

thinking

Prime Minister (20k+ posts)
I am always sad when i saw HN like intellectual in
channel like Geo..Gh..adar...he should leave GEO..

sngilani

Chief Minister (5k+ posts)
Streets of Shame - Pakistan.

Pakistan is a strategically important Muslim nation. It's a democracy and a nuclear power, that's allied to the West in the war against terror. But Pakistan is also a country in denial, turning a blind eye to the sexual exploitation of tens of thousands of poor and vulnerable children.

Sultan Alvi

Minister (2k+ posts)
Streets of Shame - Pakistan.

Pakistan is a strategically important Muslim nation. It's a democracy and a nuclear power, that's allied to the West in the war against terror. But Pakistan is also a country in denial, turning a blind eye to the sexual exploitation of tens of thousands of poor and vulnerable children.[/QUOTE]
How can you call Pakistan a democracy? This is NooraGardi mere bhai!

rizhussain44

MPA (400+ posts)
Very good show, HN is a genuine intellectual!

P.S. Notice the girl's dress. It has 'Pakistan' written on it in Urdu