Major earthquake may hit Pakistan - Is our nation ready for this catastrophe?

hawk eyed

MPA (400+ posts)
an earthquake of about 6.5 or above magnitude is expected to hit the same zone as the last one in the following months

[h=1]Major earthquake may hit Pakistan[/h]
ISLAMABAD: The Director General of Pakistan Geological Survey, Dr Imran Ahmed Khan says an earthquake of a magnitude of 6.5 or higher might hit Pakistan this year.Dr Khan, who was briefing the Standing Committee on Petroleum, said major cities of Pakistan were located on the fault line, which also crosses the centre of Margalla Hills.The director general said the list of cities under threat has been handed over to the respective district governments.He added that the government had been informed of the Abottabad landslide four months before the incident happened.He further that that climatic change is melting glaciers at a faster rate.

http://pk.msn.com/Technology/News/alqamar/2011/july/7635092.aspx?region=pk.&featuredpk

Last edited by a moderator:

Mr.Restless

Senator (1k+ posts)
Re: is our nation ready for this catastrophe

allah kher kree...bhai g zalzala sirf aur sirf ALLAH ke narzgee ko zahir krta hai...aur hum ne ALLAH ko kab se naraz kia hoa hai es lea zalzala to boht pehlay a jana chahee tha lakin US ke apni rehmat ke wja se hum mehfooz..sub infradi tor per TAUBA kre taakeh azab se bacha ja skay warna dunya k koiasbab hmein nahn bacha skein ge...

GraanG2

Chief Minister (5k+ posts)
Re: is our nation ready for this catastrophe

I personally think Only Allah SWT has knowledge about these kinda of things...Humans can only expect...Most of the earthquakes happen in Japan...If such technology was available to be sure about it ,I am sure Japan would have it much earlier than Pakistan...

I hope this is not another scary tactic to divert the attentions of Public from the current crisis...And Pray That May Allah SWT save us from such disasters and his Azab inshaAllah....Aameen.

pakiace

Banned
Most probably it will be in these winters as according to the Japanese survey in 2008 but we as a nation ARE EVER READY MASHALLAH! and so are these leaders ready as earthquake for them is a blessing, catastrophe = inflow of dollars,yen,pound,euro! so their Eid for us a nightmare