Imran Khan addresses thousands gathered at Minar-e-Pakistan

gazoomartian

Prime Minister (20k+ posts)
pti_rally_543.jpg

LAHORE: PakistanTehreek-e-Insaf (PTI) leader Imran Khan addressed a gathering of thousands of PTI fans at the Miner-e-Pakistan on Sunday, DawnNews reported.
Mr Khan said that today’s rally is a sign of revolution in Pakistan and the rulers cannot stop this revolution.
Imran Khan said that the biggest problem facing Pakistan is corruption which the PTI will strive to eradicate and install honest officers in key positions.
He further said that his party will resolve the issues of Pakistan including the electricity crisis and make it mandatory for politicians to declare their assets.
Khan also said that Pakistan is a rich country full of minerals but the corruption and bad governance turned it into a beggar state. He said that the rulers have sold their nation for dollars.
Criticizing the government Khan said that there is no comparison between Zufiqar Ali Bhutto and Asif Zardari.
“PTI will not allow the military to attack its people, PTI believes in talks with the tribals,” said Imran Khan.
Thousands of young attendants present in the rally roared as Imran Khan made his statements.
The rally in the Pakistani city of Lahore called by Imran Khan to press President Asif Ali Zardari to step down.
Dancing to a drumbeat and waving the party’s red and green flags, supporters of Khan’s Tehreek-e-Insaf filled the sprawling Minar-e-Pakistan ground which was ringed with tight security.
“Who will save Pakistan? Imran Khan, Imran Khan,” the crowd chanted.
More than 20,000 people had gathered as the meeting began at 4pm (1100 GMT) with more on the way, according to witnesses, as the crowd waited for a scheduled appearance by their hero.
Khan’s party slogan is “throw this government out and save the country,” in a campaign aimed at the ruling coalition led by Zardari and the party of former prime minister Nawaz Sharif.
The rally, seen as a show of strength, comes two days after Sharif’s brother Shahbaz, attracted some 30,000 people at an anti-Zardari protest also in the key political battleground of Lahore.
Sharif’s Pakistan Muslim League-N (PML-N) held on Friday to demand early elections in its political heartland – it controls the Punjab provincial government despite being in opposition at national level.
The venue for Khan’s public meeting was bedecked with banners and hoardings showing portraits of the former cricketer and the founder of the nation Muhammad Ali Jinnah. He was due to apeak later.
Tehreek-e-Insaf Secretary General Arif Ali said Khan “will make important announcements regarding the country’s politics and future course of action.”
“The wind of change of has started in the country and anyone coming in its way would be eliminated,” Alvi said and added “Tehreek-e-Insaf wants the rule of people constitution and law in the country.”
“It is going to be historic. We have our supporters and voters coming from Lahore and its suburban areas and the expected gathering would be over 100,000 people,” Malik Zaheer Abbas Khokhar, a member of the party’s organising committee said.
The party had expressed some concerns about inadequate security arrangements and blocking of the convoys coming from other cities.
“We have been reassured by the provincial police chief about the security of the gathering and smooth flow of traffic for our convoys,” Khokhar told AFP.
Senior police official Ghulam Mahmood Dogar told reporters that all steps had been taken to provide “fool-proof” security at the public meeting.
Around 2,000 Pakistanis led by Khan demonstrated in Islamabad on Friday to demand an end to US drone strikes in the tribal areas, claiming they kill more innocent civilians than Taliban and Al-Qaeda leaders.

Source: http://www.dawn.com/2011/10/30/thousands-gather-at-the-minar-e-pakistan-ground-for-pti-rally.html

Last edited by a moderator:

mrk123

Chief Minister (5k+ posts)
I have to say one thing - the anti-climax of the jalsa was IK's speech.......He has to realize that the talk show talking points dont apply to a jalsa this size.....he has to work on his "jalsa speech making" skills.

adnan78692

MPA (400+ posts)
Congrats to IMRAN KHAN and PTI for Such a Great Impressive Jalsa.. IK Rocksssssssss..

Imran Khan Rockssssssssssssssssssssssss..

Congrats to IK and all PTI..

and today i Officially decided and announcing in this forum to vote for Imran Khan. Maine aaj tak vote cast nai kya but aaj decide kar lia k mera or meri family k Vote inshlah IK ko he jaen gay..

gorgias

سہیل وڑائچ نے بڑی اچھی بات کی کہ نون کے جلسے اور ٹی آئی کے جلسے میں عمروں کا فرق تھا۔ پرسوں کے جلسے میں بڑی عمر کے لوگ تھے لیکن آج کے جلسے میں زیادہ تر تعداد نوجوانوں کی تھی۔
ان نوجوانوں کی عمریں اٹھارہ سے پچیس کے درمیان تھی۔یہی وہ فیکٹر ہے جو الیکشن میں اہم کردار ادا کر سکتا ہے۔اگر آپ پچھلے الیکشنوں کا ٹرن آوٹ دیکھیں تو معلوم ہوگا کہ پاکستان میں ووٹ ڈالنے کی شرح پچیس فیصد سے بھی کم رہی ہے۔ یہ نوجوان اگر اپنے گھر والوں کو الیکشن کے دن باہر نکال کر پولنگ سٹیشن تک لے آئیں ، اس ملک کی تقدیر واقعی بدل جائے گی۔

Adeel

Founder
I have to say one thing - the anti-climax of the jalsa was IK's speech.......He has to realize that the talk show talking points dont apply to a jalsa this size.....he has to work on his "jalsa speech making" skills.

I agree with this. It was pretty plain, the crowd needed something to get them pumped up

junaids

MPA (400+ posts)
In the PMLN rally, it was the provincial government workers who had been forced to attend, hence mostly older individuals. Besides having a younger attendance, the PTI Jalsa also had people who were attending any such gathering for the very first time.

Fahad Abid

Voter (50+ posts)

Actually I was there and it was the best part of the whole Jalsa. Instead of regular climatic speeches he was giving real figures and hope to Pakistani people even the illiterate people were more happy with IK speech than others. That's the sole reason he is gaining so much fame.

mrk123

Exactly - the crowd needs to go home thinking about what he said not saying "man, he didn't say anything that i didnt know and he didnt really get my blood racing to get ready for change right this second" - i know that there are PTI die hards here but to me the speech was a disappointment.

I said on here before that he should get some really good speech writers and sit with them and use his ideology and goals to write a really good motivational speech. Even the greatest of speakers write their speeches beforehand, get help in writing them and not going extempore......Imran has to realize that it doesnt come naturally to him and needs to think about it if he needs to get people moving in these jalsas or people will stop coming to these meetins thinking that they are not going to hear anything new or special.....one example was he addressed the women - i could think of so many way to get the women motivated and we know that if women do get charged up they could get the men to do things - but whats the best he had to say to women "we will make sure you get your share in inheritance" pretty lame if you ask me....

I agree with this. It was pretty plain, the crowd needed something to get them pumped up

gazoomartian

Prime Minister (20k+ posts)
Re: Congrats to IMRAN KHAN and PTI for Such a Great Impressive Jalsa.. IK Rocksssssssss..

Imran Khan Rockssssssssssssssssssssssss..

Congrats to IK and all PTI..

and today i Officially decided and announcing in this forum to vote for Imran Khan. Maine aaj tak vote cast nai kya but aaj decide kar lia k mera or meri family k Vote inshlah IK ko he jaen gay..

(clap)

Thats the key to all. Just get out of the house on the elections day and VOTE, use your right. If I am in hometown, I always vote - city, provincial, and federal.

humdaan

Senator (1k+ posts)
ha ha ha wether you like mqm or not you cant ignore mqm. Pmln arrange jalsa with the help of pathwari, pti working for the jalsa since one month no doubt pti jalsa was good enough but with the help of establshment.but mqm arrange jalsa in two days with out any bodys help and they easily out numbered pti and pmln this is amazing.mqm faded pti big day today.mqm zindabad pakistan zindabad

mrk123

I respect your opinion.....and maybe that kind of speech does it for you but I think that I saw people getting distracted by the facts and figures (facts and figures have a place in a press conference or a talk show but not in a jalsa this size) - i saw women enjoying their kulfis instead of listening to the speech with rapt attention :)

Actually I was there and it was the best part of the whole Jalsa. Instead of regular climatic speeches he was giving real figures and hope to Pakistani people even the illiterate people were more happy with IK speech than others. That's the sole reason he is gaining so much fame.

gorgias

عمران خانکے کرپشن کے خلاف ایک واضح موقف اختیار کیا، یہ ایک اچھی بات ہے۔اگر پاکستان سے لوٹی گئی رقم پاکستان واپس لائی جائے تو پاکستان کے سارے قرضے ختم ہو سکتے ہیں اور پاکستان اقتصادی طور پر واقعی ایشین ٹائیگر بن سکتا ہے۔

Fahad Abid

Voter (50+ posts)
I respect your opinion.....and maybe that kind of speech does it for you but I think that I saw people getting distracted by the facts and figures (facts and figures have a place in a press conference or a talk show but not in a jalsa this size) - i saw women enjoying their kulfis instead of listening to the speech with rapt attention :)

And i respect yours:)
but what i saw (well the people around me in the male side at least) were giving more attention and more passion to IK speech then the others.

UKPakistani

Are you allowed an opinion ? I thought you were neutral and above politics. :P

I think it was more about a show of support more than the content of what he said, and I do not think many would have gone home disappointed. He was having a prob with his throat, because he kept asking for water.

Fahad Abid

Voter (50+ posts)

Also i actually agreed with your opinion till now. when i was there the other speeches were just like people competing in speech competition in schools but IK had something special about him.(clap)

pardese

Minister (2k+ posts)
wow, what is this, its history,never seen such a crowed in my entire life, salut to lahore and other people from pakistan, what a impressive,we will save Pakistan INSHALLAH.