Imam Al-Ghazali (رحمتہ الله علیہ) Advice on Knowing Yourself, Time Management and Humility

abdlsy

Prime Minister (20k+ posts)
Wow ubb iskee bhee class mein baithna purrhae gaa. Awesome clip but all these qualities already embedded in a soul a human just prefers to ignore that vibe and intution n prefer to be lazy about it. Thats all. One has to act upon that feeling n walah.

ZenoInTheZoo

Minister (2k+ posts)
1) These concepts need new contexts to be relevant and useful.

2) Like all inculcation oriented activity, they ignore circumstances and need/are based on certain assumptions to be logical.

saeenji

Minister (2k+ posts)
1) These concepts need new contexts to be relevant and useful.

2) Like all inculcation oriented activity, they ignore circumstances and need/are based on certain assumptions to be logical.

You are right...... and the responsibility lies on our shoulder to make these concepts more relevant for present day circumstances/scenarios. :)

In general, the scholarly work of Imam Al-Ghazali (R.A) is invaluable. He is the only one titled 'The Proof of Islam (Hujjat-ul-Islam)'. Some of the historians consider Imam Ghazali (R.A) as the single most influential Muslim after Prophet Muhammad (P.B.U.H).
Source

Here's a very interesting video on Imam Al-Ghazali (R.A). If you haven't seen it before, then give it a try. :)

Alternative Video Link

(Here's the link to the movie, they are referring to in the video, Al-Ghazali The Alchemy of Happiness)

Last edited:

ZenoInTheZoo

Minister (2k+ posts)
You are right...... and the responsibility lies on our shoulder to make these concepts more relevant for present day circumstances/scenarios. :)

In general, the work of Imam Al-Ghazali (R.A) is invaluable. He is the only one titled 'The Proof of Islam (Hujjat-ul-Islam)'. Some of the historians consider Imam Ghazali (R.A) as the single most influential Muslim after Prophet Muhammad (P.B.U.H).
Source

Here's a very interesting video on Imam Al-Ghazali (R.A). If you haven't seen it before, then give it a try. :)

Alternative Video Link

(Here's the link to the movie they are talking about in the video, Al-Ghazali The Alchemy of Happiness)

No one can question his place in the history of Islam when it comes to advancing the essence and spirit of Islamic thought from philosophical perspective, especially in the face of influences/onslaught of Greek philosophy through the interpretations and works of the likes of Ibn Rushd.

I have seen part of his Tahafa-tul-Falasfa......

Yes, in certain dimension and for a certain group of Islamic thinkers and scholars, he is the only hujjatullah and, thus, very influential. Personally I am a great admirer of him.

saeenji

Minister (2k+ posts)
No one can question his place in the history of Islam when it comes to advancing the essence and spirit of Islamic thought from philosophical perspective, especially in the face of influences/onslaught of Greek philosophy through the interpretations and works of the likes of Ibn Rushd.

I have seen part of his Tahafa-tul-Falasfa......

Yes, in certain dimension and for a certain group of Islamic thinkers and scholars, he is the only hujjatullah and, thus, very influential. Personally I am a great admirer of him.

I knew it, that's why I shared the link of the video and the movie. :)

Last edited: