If PTI has to choose; will it prefer PMLN or PPP?

Argonaut

Banned
If the next assembly is roughly divided almost equally between 3 groups led by PMLN, PPP and PTI, what role will PTI choose for itself?

I know Imran Khan has said that he'll prefer to sit in opposition.

But lets say that PMLN and PPP do not support each other in forming a government which is the most likely scenario due to the current level of animosity between the two and particularly if as expected Shahbaz Sharif leads PMLN in National Assembly. In that case, both PPP and PMLN will need PTI's support to form government. If PTI does not support either party, there will be a danger that the assembly will have to be dissolved as no one is able to show a majority. That will be a disaster for the country as it will result in chaos and instability.

I do not think that anyone including PTI will be willing to go for another elections only a couple of months after the next elections. In that scenario, PTI will have no option but either to join one of the two other parties in the government or if it prefers to remain in opposition, at least give a vote of confidence to the Prime minister from one of these two so a government can be formed.

So which one will PTI prefer in that case, PMLN or PPP?

Last edited:

Abdulmaalik

MPA (400+ posts)
In that case, PTI must not support both PPP and PMLN.This will leave no choice for PPP and PMLN but to join hands together which will guarrantee that PTI will make the govt in 2018 (or even before the elections held before time).On the other hand, if PTI joined hand with PMLN, it will be consumed inside PMLN and thus PTI will end up with the same fate as happened to PMLQ after joining PPP i-e PMLQ has been almost consumed by PPP and PMLN.

I again reiterate that PTI must not join hands with PMLN and PPP.I don't differentiate between the two. One is naked Chor and other is technical chor.

ahameed

Chief Minister (5k+ posts)
this is an impossible scenario, as both PPP and PMLN leadership is so power hungry that they will make an alliance within no time. We can't forget Shahbaz Sharif was CM Punjab where PPP was in collation with him for 3-1/2 years.

naveed

اگر تحریک انصاف ان میں سے کسی کو بھی تجویز کر لے، اسی دن تحریک انصاف کا مقصد ختم ہو جاتا ہے اور اسی دن تحریک انصاف بھی ختم ہو جائے گی

Rizwan2009

تحريک انصاف ان ميں سے کسي سے بھي اتحاد کرے گي تو يہ تحريک انصاف کي سياسي موت کا باعث بنے گي

Argonaut

Banned
When a party is in parliament, it cannot simply say that we'll oppose everyone and everything. It has to make certain choices and extend support to others on certain issues. PTI can sit in opposition and still give a vote of confidence to either PMLN or PPP so that a government can be formed. Such a government will be a minority government. But at least it will fill the vacuum for a couple of years before we can go for next polls. Furthermore, PTI can ask for support of its agenda before extending support to this minority government.

This will not mean that PTI has moved away from its philosophy. It will support or oppose each decision of such minority government based on merit. But PTI will not become a part of the government.

This scenario is quite likely to happen and PTI will have to choose between the two parties.

Last edited:

Niazi Hawk

Minister (2k+ posts)
Ppp and n will form govt,in one progamme najam sethi mentioned that zardari is looking for another 5 years and ppp will support any party having a majority provided that they will support zardari,khan has already mentioned that he will not take oath from zardari but noora had mentioned otherwise:),u might be listening to mantra of nro 2 dude,zoordari president and noora pm for 5 years,that is nro 2

KHISFO

Senator (1k+ posts)
PTI won't surrender against these two Mafia, IPakistani people made up their decision, clean sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep Inshah Allah.

Abdulmaalik

MPA (400+ posts)
When a party is in parliament, it cannot simply say that we'll oppose everyone and everything. It has to make certain choices and extend support to others on certain issues. PTI can sit in opposition and still give a vote of confidence to either PMLN or PPP so that a government can be formed. Such a government will be a minority government. But at least it will fill the vacuum for a couple of years before we can go for next polls. Furthermore, PTI can ask for support of its agenda before extending support to this minority government.

This will not mean that PTI has moved away from its philosophy. It will support or oppose each decision of such minority government based on merit. But PTI will not become a part of the government.

This scenario is quite likely to happen and PTI will have to choose between the two parties.

O bhai sahab! Just one question from you.Why do you rule out the possiblity of PMLN making alliance with PPP? Why???? Why do you think that PTI will have to give vote of confidence either to PMLN or PPP?? I simply can't understand.Where comes the isolation if PTI leaves it to PPP and PMLN to form their coalition govt?

Abdulmaalik

MPA (400+ posts)

Before 2008, I also used to think that PPP and PMLN can never sit together and form govt.But what I saw between 2008 and 2011, made me believe that it is very much possible that PPP and PMLN can again form govt in future.The only thing which PMLN might do is that it will not take Rehman Malik, and one or two other PPP members into the cabinet. Why don't you believe that PPP and PMLN can sit together in future as well????