How to donate to Shaukat Khanum Memorial Cancer Hospital ?

janbazali

Chief Minister (5k+ posts)
a4ca47d37a98817207dfcf2fa774bf78.jpg

Petrolhead

Minister (2k+ posts)
Ray of hope - seen again today

Home1.jpg

The way people have reacted against Noon League's shameless allegations against Shaukat Khanum Memorial by giving more donations has shown me ray of hope for Pakistan's future, AGAIN.

May Allah SWT wipe off the likes of Noon League and Zaradari League from the face of the earth, specially the ones who lead defamation campaigns, for eg, Khawaja Asif, Hanif Abbasi, Mushahidullah Khan, Parvaiz Rasheed, Rana Sanaullah and of course Dengue brothers, Aameen!

Ghzanfar

MPA (400+ posts)
Re: Ray of hope - seen again today

Inshallah, this time we won't sit idle, rather attack back and bring them down to their knees.

MunchyMike

Minister (2k+ posts)

I have just donated 20 pounds to shaukat khanum. Inshallah Imran Khan cancer appeal will raise more this year and break records!

johny

MPA (400+ posts)

the allegations khawaja asif have done a good job. So every one should appreciate him.
ake sure when you give zakat say that it is zakat dont say that it is donation when you are paying the akat. because donations can be spent on sutta not the zakat

abdullah.drs

Senator (1k+ posts)

the allegations khawaja asif have done a good job. So every one should appreciate him.
ake sure when you give zakat say that it is zakat dont say that it is donation when you are paying the akat. because donations can be spent on sutta not the zakat

ALso u should know kay Zakat aur Donations kay seperate funds hain.
Real estate satta ho gaya tau Hasan nawaz ka tau poora business he real estate hai

Last edited by a moderator:

Petrolhead

Minister (2k+ posts)
What is an Endowment Fund?

Home1.jpg

Someone educate Noora League please, but alas, they don't have the capacity to understand this.

Source 1: http://www.investopedia.com/terms/e/endowment-fund.asp#axzz22KYKze8z

icon_book.png
Definition of 'Endowment Fund'

An investment fund set up by an institution in which regular withdrawals from the invested capital are used for ongoing operations or other specified purposes. [HI]Endowment funds are often used by nonprofits, universities, hospitals and churches[/HI]. [HI]They are funded by donations, which are tax deductible for donors.[/HI]

icon_inv.png
Investopedia explains 'Endowment Fund'

There are three main components to the typical endowment fund:

1. Investment Policy: This policy dictates the types of investments the manager can make and how aggressive he or she can be in meeting return targets.
2. Withdrawal Policy: This policy determines the amount that the institution can take from the endowment fund at each period and is usually based on the institution's needs as well as the amount remaining in the fund.
3. Fund Usage Policy: This policy ensures that the money from the endowment fund is being used properly and for the purposes set out by the fund.

Source 2: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Financial_endowment

A financial endowment is a transfer of money or property [HI]donated[/HI] to an institution. The total value of an institution's investments is often referred to as the institution's endowment and is typically organized as a public charity, private foundation, or trust.
[HI]Among the institutions that commonly manage an endowment are[/HI]: academic institutions (e.g., colleges, universities, private schools), cultural institutions (e.g., museums, libraries, theaters, [HI]hospitals[/HI]) and religious establishments.
An endowment may come with stipulations regarding its usage. In some circumstances an endowment may be required to be spent in a certain way or [HI]alternatively investe[/HI]d, with the principal to remain intact in perpetuity or for a defined time period. This allows for the donation to have an impact over a longer period of time than if it were spent all at once.

Clear

Councller (250+ posts)
Re: What is an Endowment Fund?

SKMH is a great thing in Pakistan.

But I do think that money should not be invested outside Pakistan especially in Dubai. Dubai is known for real state frauds. Pagall Khan started these blame games and now others are blaming him. If you have any evidence then go to courts and let judges decide who is corrupt.

Waste of time and our media has nothing positive to do.

Yasirsaeed2002

MPA (400+ posts)
Re: Pakistani stars while inaugurating SKMH

In sharifoon ki asliyat khul k samnay a gaee ha. Aafreen ha yaar in logon nay taraptay mareezon ka bhee koe khiyal nahee kiya.

Last edited by a moderator:

abdullah.drs

Senator (1k+ posts)

But I do think that money should not be invested outside Pakistan especially in Dubai. Dubai is known for real state frauds. Pagall Khan started these blame games and now others are blaming him. If you have any evidence then go to courts and let judges decide who is corrupt.

Yaar nahen actually the investments abroad done by SKMT are actually done on the donations that are gathered outside Pakistan by overseas Pakistanis..This money has never come to pakistan to begin with and keeping it invested abroad in dollars is to safe guard it from decreasing value of rupee...Its done by institutions in UK ans US too..For example if Harvard gets a donation or fee from a UK student or person in pounds then its endowment fund will invest it in UK so that if god forbid dollar crashes then at least they have something in other currency to take care of their affairs immediately..Its a normal routine..All big institutions do it...

As u are a sensible PML-N supporter,u should know that SKMT is now an International accredited Research center and its research on antibiotics in cancer patients has recently been approved..Also SKMT is now a teaching hospital now whose residents in Radiology have a cent percent result in getting their Fellowship from Royal College of Radiologists,UK for last 6yrs now...Shaukat Khanum hospital is growing day by day and it will have to adopt all necessary means that institutes like Harvard and Cornell adopted..I went to US last year for my US boards exam and the only institute they value there in their hospitals is if u have any clinical experience in Shaukat Khanum Hospital or Agha Khan University Khi...

Politics is one thng but what PML-N did today was plainly stupid

Romeo

MPA (400+ posts)
How to donate to shaukat khanum memorial cancer hospital?

Here is the link if you want to donate SKM hospital online:) Please donate as much as you can in this holy month of Ramadan. Thank you.

http://www.shaukatkhanum.org.pk/how-to-help.html

If you want to donate from Overseas then click on your country name at the start of the page. Jazak Allah Khair

bravoawan

MPA (400+ posts)
voice against khAWAJA Asif and PMLN. email to Supreme Court

I am sorry it is extreme reaction from me. But my own cazan got treated from SK without any penny. Please type to human right cell of supreme court of Pakistan to take action against base less political allegations by Khawaja Asif and PMLN. We all do not want that treatment stop because of less collection of Zakat. I am writing a sample short email so everyone can just copy and paste and amend it and spare ten seconds to send it. Plus Donating $500 right now
Allah help IK AND PAKISTAN

Contact Information

Supreme Court of Pakistan
Constitution Avenue, Islamabad
Telephone: 051-9220581-9220600
Fax: 051-9213452
Email : [email protected]

Dear Chief Justice of Pakistan,
I am writing you today that I have a fear that my family members and close ones might not be able to get proper treatment from Shaukat Khanam Hospital because of political allegations from Khawaja Asif and PMLN.

SKMH has been treating my brothers cancer for over an year. Of course, it is an expensive an painful process. But we did not have to pay any money or approach anyone to get this treatment. As a Pakistani, I am scared that health of my brother is in danger because of political victimization of Hospital.

I do understand that there is a procedure of justice, however creating these allegation at this time can harm many lives.

Please do take some action (If applicable) as this is matter of life and death for many fellow Pakistanis.

Regards,

sh.jpg

mohibbewatan

Senator (1k+ posts)

Yaar petrolhead, do you have Urdu version of your explaination for our friend "Clear" who is finding it hard to understand in English otherwise he wouldn't have posted the above.

Mr Clear, your love for Nawaz Sharif is stopping you to understand what Imran has done for Pakistan by building cancer hospital and hence your comments above. Edhi has done immense amount of work, what if someone questions some of his dealings? It will completely shatter somoene like Edhi who has spent all his life for others.

Imran goes door to door collecting donations and he doesn't even make the investment decisions so by calling him stupid names and worshipping good for nothing Asif, you are making sure that no one will dare to run such an institution in future and our jahil qaum doesn't even deserve because we can't respect people who take such initiatives.