How much more inflation can the people of Pakistan take?

jee_nee_us

Chief Minister (5k+ posts)
It is very hot these days and I want to turn on my AC in the night to sleep well for a few hours , well i turn on the AC but the thought that how much turning the AC on will cost me does not let me sleep well. Last year in one month I got bill of 28000 for gas and this coming winter I think (after the increase of whopping up-to 200% price hike) , I will sell my geyser and heater and look out for some dried up cow dung.

I was thinking that there would be new jobs created and may be one of my family member will get one out of those 1 crore jobs promised so that the expanses can be met easily but at the moment no new jobs are being created.

Of course these are the problems of medium income people like me who wants to save some money at the end of the month so he can go to vacations once a year with his wife and kids inside the country and buy his wife and kids good cloths , shoes and other things on occasions like eids and other festivals.

'jab roti sasti ho gi aur mehngi ho gi jaan' ' kahan he wo naya pakistan' ? PTI was the government in waiting and yet they were not prepared for anything. Their so celebrated wazire khazana asad umar was disgracefully dismissed and then PTI imported an IMF man to burden the people of pakistan even more. From today things are going to be more expensive and peoples buying power will diminish even more , yah thats right khan sahib that I want all the crooks behind the bars but its also true that you are failing to match the map of new pakistan you created in our minds.

200 industrial units shut down because of the power tarrif imposed on them , how are you providing relief to the labor class by taking away their jobs? In punjab , where pti is ruling , the governance is worst i have ever seen. None of the provincial departments are working well , jagah jagah koore ke dher, wohi rishwat khore police , wohi traffic ka ghatya nizaam , its even worse than the last government.

Umeed ki koi kiran hamein bhee dikhayen ke awaam ke liye bhee kuch ho reha hai kahin. Taqreeren aur facebook pe elaanaat buhat sun liye aur jhappian bhee buhat dekh lin apki aalmi leaders ke sath. Its time we see something for the depressed people of pakistan as well.

Last edited by a moderator:

miafridi

Prime Minister (20k+ posts)
When you keep on taking loans without much increase in standard of living, but to stash them abroad to acquire the title of "Pirate of the Pent House", then you are likely to break when the time of repaying those loans come.

So now bear the burden of voting someone like "Khaata hai toh Lagata bhi hai".

imran_hosein_fan

Minister (2k+ posts)
Sabr rakh, har mushkil waqt k baad aasaani hai, mager hudharaam qom ko bus sacrifice k baghair sub kuch mil jaye! Yehi wateera hai sub ka!!

miafridi

As for the inflation and things like Gas, petrol and Electricity Prices, Everyone know How much the previous government had an increase in those commodities as well, despite of them claiming to be more experience in business, but apparently they only proved to be experienced in running the country with loans but keeping the public happy with controlled dollar price, subsidies on Metros, and not increasing Gas prices gradually(so that one day it is increased like a Nuclear bomb).

jee_nee_us

As for the inflation and things like Gas, petrol and Electricity Prices, Everyone know How much the previous government had an increase in those commodities as well, despite of them claiming to be more experience in business, but apparently they only proved to be experienced in running the country with loans but keeping the public happy with controlled dollar price, subsidies on Metros, and not increasing Gas prices gradually(so that one day it is increased like a Nuclear bomb).
whats the difference? loans we are still seeking. After giving people lollipop that we wont comply to any unacceptable conditions from imf we bent over and some more and accepted everything from imf. Yehi kuch hee kerna thaa to wo to pichli government bhee ker hee leti.
Wohi aurat jo zardari ka agenda btanay atee thee ab khan saheb ke agenday ka difaa kerne tv pe aatee he. To hell with her though.

can anyone please convince me with reasons that things are going to get better or was it all for nothing.?

عمر

Minister (2k+ posts)
whats the difference? loans we are still seeking. After giving people lollipop that we wont comply to any unacceptable conditions from imf we bent over and some more and accepted everything from imf. Yehi kuch hee kerna thaa to wo to pichli government bhee ker hee leti.
Wohi aurat jo zardari ka agenda btanay atee thee ab khan saheb ke agenday ka difaa kerne tv pe aatee he. To hell with her though.

can anyone please convince me with reasons that things are going to get better or was it all for nothing.?

Use common sense first.
One of the arguments used very often is that "they were govt. in waiting".
if for the sake of argument we accept that they were govt. in waiting, the question is what preparation could they do?
They inherited a deficit of $19 billion. So what preparation could be made that this deficit would simply vanish once they came into power? If you can answer me that please?

jee_nee_us

Use common sense first.
One of the arguments used very often is that "they were govt. in waiting".
if for the sake of argument we accept that they were govt. in waiting, the question is what preparation could they do?
They inherited a deficit of $19 billion. So what preparation could be made that this deficit would simply vanish once they came into power? If you can answer me that please?
so they lied to the people when they were making promises as the data was available beforehand to them , even a common man like could access them. So knowing everything there was to economy , tall claims were made by "the government in waiting" and dhakoslas of 50 lac homes and 10 million jobs. On the contrary people are losing the jobs they already had. This government is only adding more to the debt with the added inflation and depression in result.

sab_tamasha_hai

Minister (2k+ posts)
so they lied to the people when they were making promises as the data was available beforehand to them , even a common man like could access them. So knowing everything there was to economy , tall claims were made by "the government in waiting" and dhakoslas of 50 lac homes and 10 million jobs. On the contrary people are losing the jobs they already had. This government is only adding more to the debt with the added inflation and depression in result.
The promises are made foe 5 year of goverenence. If it was all good why should they be running.

PTI was saying all along that this bombshell will drop when they were ruining it. You have been happy with decade long loans with shit loads of subsidies, what do you think PTI has some kind of magic wand ? They are trying thier best and it might take them a year a so, before things will start to get stabilize.

PMLN last year was even worse they took massive loans to keep people happy and did lots of cut.

jee_nee_us

The promises are made foe 5 year of goverenence. If it was all good why should they be running.

PTI was saying all along that this bombshell will drop when they were ruining it. You have been happy with decade long loans with shit loads of subsidies, what do you think PTI has some kind of magic wand ? They are trying thier best and it might take them a year a so, before things will start to get stabilize.

PMLN last year was even worse they took massive loans to keep people happy and did lots of cut.
i am sorry but their best isnt good enough. Their best is usman buzdar whose only only qualification is that he belongs to south punjab and as a result punjab is suffereing even more than it was in the era of daaku e aala. When nothing substantial is being done to improve the function of the government to actually provide services to the people of pakistan then I am afraid the faith of people in pti was not rightly placed.

sab_tamasha_hai

Minister (2k+ posts)
i am sorry but their best isnt good enough. Their best is usman buzdar whose only only qualification is that he belongs to south punjab and as a result punjab is suffereing even more than it was in the era of daaku e aala. When nothing substantial is being done to improve the function of the government to actually provide services to the people of pakistan then I am afraid the faith of people in pti was not rightly placed.
Man you are jumping from one goal post to other. I cant answer like this. Buzdaar has nothing to do with subsidies taken back by government.

People did awesome job by electing corrupt for last decade but have lost faith from a new government in a year, with bankruptcy looming on their head.

I am out since all you want is to blabber without any substance.

عمر

Minister (2k+ posts)

No, they did not. The promises have a time frame. Did you really expect 5 million homes & 10 million jobs within a year? That is too naive.

jee_nee_us

No, they did not. The promises have a time frame. Did you really expect 5 million homes & 10 million jobs within a year? That is too naive.
aaaw , so idea is to first make 10 million people out of their jobs and then give them their jobs back and same goes with the 5 million houses. I am intrigued , seems like a great plan.

jee_nee_us

Man you are jumping from one goal post to other. I cant answer like this. Buzdaar has nothing to do with subsidies taken back by government.

People did awesome job by electing corrupt for last decade but have lost faith from a new government in a year, with bankruptcy looming on their head.

I am out since all you want is to blabber without any substance.
As you were talking about "trying their best", so i just expressed my views about what trying their best looks like in punjab at the moment. Its ok if you dont want to talk about punjab as it only affects 11.5 million people in pakistan and the province is being ruled by PTI. In the outrage of inflation i probably should not worry about police , traffic management , waste disposal services and other minor things like that, After all promised are meant to be broken,

عمر

Minister (2k+ posts)
aaaw , so idea is to first make 10 million people out of their jobs and then give them their jobs back and same goes with the 5 million houses. I am intrigued , seems like a great plan.

10 million people are not out of job. Do not tell lies.

miafridi

The Difference is that corruption is now seen as a sin, corrupts are either facing NAB, Courts, or are in jail. And corrupts within the ruling party are also asked to step down during investigations. I am sure you will have your reservations over it but there is never 100% anywhere in the world but at least you should be seeing it as a crime than to have a mindset of "Khaata hai toh lagata bhi hai".

As for IMF loan and countless other things, they are not right or wrong in itself but are made right and wrong by the circumstances and by the people who are taking it. If such loans are taken in abundance just to acquire the title of "Pirates of Pent house" and there is no visible change in the lives of common people because of obvious fact that the ruling Elite is so busy in corruption, then of course it is bad.