How many of you trust Dr Tahir ul Qadri?

Asad Mujtaba

Chief Minister (5k+ posts)
I have been watching Dr Qadri for a long time and seeing him flip flopping on issues. I do not really know what to make of him and believe in what he says. What is your take on him?

I'm all for him to get justice for what happened to his people in model town but why was he confronting the government at first place? Is he just there to make a mess? I do not know...all these things make me doubt him

https://www.facebook.com/Babulilmforu/videos/1586976024693284/

Desienglishman

Senator (1k+ posts)
.my observations on Tahirul Qadri Sahib and perhaps a criticism is that he is very attention seeking individual. No doubt there are many learned scholars that have been educated at Minhaj ul Quran and I know and respect them very highly. Sad to say that when it comes to promoting personalities, Qadri Sahib is no different to Shareef family in that it stays within the family.

RealPeople

Minister (2k+ posts)
He is an educated individual. That means he believes in peace and democracy. Not violence. He is ok and safe and should be respected. He is not like other maulvis who are uneducated and violent. I think he's a good guy

Respect

I agree and I think I should avoid Sheikh Rasheed as well.

Shiekh rasheed is ok recently there was a program in his halka and a lot of people like him because he does work. He speaks out for the working class and poor, when he was railway minister he did a good job.

Respect

He has his faults, but i myself have millions of faults. But he is educated, speaks out for poor, speaks out for womens rights, speaks against terrorism, speaks in favour of minorities also has done a lot of charity work. All these points are highly pluasible and should be appreciated. He may take some u turns now and then but so does IK, its politics and situation changes from time to time and decisions have to be changed.

He took up the fight against Sharifs concerning model town shaheeds and gave everything but after a long fought battle backed down due to the stubborness of Sharif brothers, they are glued to the seats, even after Panama verdict NS refuses too let go.

He is ok, as for confronting govt in first place I think he saw a vacuam where he wanted to take down govt and come into politics himself and maybe become PM. I remember when he went out against Zardari concerning article 62 and 63, but again stepped down due to not enough street support.

Respect

.my observations on Tahirul Qadri Sahib and perhaps a criticism is that he is very attention seeking individual. No doubt there are many learned scholars that have been educated at Minhaj ul Quran and I know and respect them very highly. Sad to say that when it comes to promoting personalities, Qadri Sahib is no different to Shareef family in that it stays within the family.

Yes he maybe is a attention seeking individual but he has many good qulaities as well.